Temple of Abu Simbel Travel Answers

change location
kiss007's Profile Photo

How to go there from Hurghada

by kiss007 Online Now Jul 30, 2004 at 11:46 PM

Hi everybody. We are planning an Egypt trip with my friends. We will rent an appartments in Hurghada and I would like to know if we can organize a trip to Abu Simbel from Hurghada. Please recommend me a budget Aswan hotel. And how much it could cost for us. Also we would like to visit Alexandria but I think its not on the way to Abu Simbel.. Maybe you would be so kind to send me some Egypt map Online where I could see where are this cities.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • BerniShand's Profile Photo

Re: How to go there from Hurghada

by BerniShand Online Now Jul 31, 2004 at 12:11 AM

Abu Simbel is a long way from Alexandria, they are at opposite ends of Egypt..........Abu Simbel is near the border with Sudan, and Alexandria is on the Mediterranian coastline

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kiss007's Profile Photo

Re: Re: How to go there from Hurghada

by kiss007 Online Now Jul 31, 2004 at 12:23 AM

Thanks. We will rents an appartments in Hurghada and took a week trip to Alex then back to Hurghada. From Hurghada I was thinking to go Abu Simbel and Luxor.

• Mongy's Profile Photo

by Mongy Online Now Aug 1, 2004 at 5:29 AM

Hi there, Here are lots of maps of Egypt: images.google.com/images?q=m... You can also find information on www.touregypt.net If you can rent apartments or stay in the southern red sea part is more beautiful than Hurghada, who is not the most fascinating place in Egypt... You can get trips to Louxor and Aswan from Hurghada, some of these trips include Abu Simbel, however most of these trips will rip you off, so my suggestions is to take a bus to Luxor, then Aswan (By train also) and then from Aswan go to Abu Simbel... anyway, if you need more information on options of doing that let know Yours Mongy

• Shofja's Profile Photo

by Shofja Online Now Aug 2, 2004 at 1:44 AM

This march we traveled from Hurghada to Aswan. We take public buss (30,-LE from Hurghada to Aswan), but you must be ready that it will take about 8 hours... Of course, you can go till Luxor (20,-LE), stay there for some time and then take buss from Luxor to Aswan. I think, in October we'll do this way :-) In Aswan we stayed in "New AbuSimbel Hotel" (cheep (about 20,-LE per person) and, i think, normal hotel where you can spent some nights, of course, if you prefer 5* - this hotel wouldn't be the best choice ;-) ). You can order here convoy to Abu Simbel - i suggest to take the earlier convoy (4:30 am), because then you will see beautiful sunrise in the desert and when you reach Abu Simbel there wouldn't be so hot. :-) If i remember correctly - the price for one person is about 40,-LE (convoy) and ticket to Abu Simbel 36,-LE (for students 19,50 LE). If you choose convoy at 4:30 am, you'll be back to Aswan in the afternoon - so, you could wisit island of Philae and it's Temple of Isis 20,-LE (students 10,-LE) - for me this was one of the best temples in Egypt :-) And in the evening (the same day!) you can visit Nubian village (price per person about 15,-LE - it includes boat from Aswan to Nubian village (and, of coures, back, too :-) ), short excursion through village, dinner at nubian house and possibility to see how they are living :-) By the way - i like this visit to Nubian village better then visit to bedouin's settlement near Hurghada :-) In Aswan we wisited Island of plants or Kitchener's Island - there are beautiful botanical garden (price 5,-LE). From Aswan we took convoy to Luxor (i think price was 20,-LE per person) and stay some days in Luxor. :-) But it's another story :-))) Best wishes! Ingrida

• Mongy's Profile Photo

by Mongy Online Now Aug 2, 2004 at 3:47 AM

I suggest you can also visit Fayoum from Cairo, it is off the beaten path...has beutiful landscape and scenearies, it is not touristy, so you can walk freely and has two nice National Parks... You can see there the rural Egypt in reality... Alexandria can be managed in one day or two... If you need more suggestions or assistance please ask... About Abu Simbel I think Shaja explained it very well;) Mongy

• Mongy's Profile Photo

by Mongy Online Now Aug 2, 2004 at 3:48 AM

Mean Shofja/ INgrida explained it very well in details the part of Aswan and Abu Simbel Mongy

• Re: How to go there from Hurghada

by AndyLawrie Online Now Aug 17, 2004 at 11:38 AM

hello, just take a bus to the nile valley and then a train to aswan - the trains in egypt are really efficient and very cheap. i do not know how budget your budget budget is but hotel happi - just off the corniche was excellent, the best budget hotel i stayed in during my travels in egypt. that was8/9 a night. on no account stay at the abu simbel hotel - i woke up with two big brown mice in my room! cockroaches - fair enough, mice - aahh. abu simbel was the highlight of my 6 week trip - far superior to the pyramids. the craftsmanship and the artwork is awesome. enjoy your trip - wish i was going back. regards andy

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Temple of Abu Simbel