Temple of Abu Simbel Travel Answers

change location
saraheg77's Profile Photo

Is the Temple worth an extra $160 per person?

by saraheg77 Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 7:25 AM

Hi, I am going on an 8-day excursion and the Temple of Abu Simbel is optional for an extra160 per person. Do you think it's worth the additional cost?? Thanks! Sarah :)

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • BerniShand's Profile Photo

Re: Is the Temple worth an extra $160 per person?

by BerniShand Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 8:28 AM

YES ! It is a fabulous site, there was a massive UNESCO project to save it costing megabucks, and it was worth every penny of that too !! l have never spoken to anyone who was disappointed with it, please dont miss it out

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TomorrowsAngel's Profile Photo

by TomorrowsAngel Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 9:02 AM

Hey Sarah, Yeah definitely see Abu Simbel. You can either bus there (in convoy) or fly. I have tips about both on my Abu Simbel page. Bec :-)

• saraheg77's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Is the Temple worth an extra $160 per person?

by saraheg77 Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 1:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback so far! I'm not sure I'll spend the160, but maybe if I could do it cheaper and not with the people doing my tour... hmm... =)

• vdoortje's Profile Photo

by vdoortje Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 2:27 PM

160$ Is a rip off!!! Far to much! I guess it is the flight, but still!!??? Abu Simbel is a must see, but some people are earning a good deal of money on this offer!! And I am not sure the money will end up where it is most needed: with the people of Egypt! I have the idea you are in an organized tour, so it will be hard for you to organise something for yourself within the program. But if you have a chance, please, do it yourself! Much cheaper and your money will benefit some people in Egypt! Not a tour operator somewhere in the rich....

• Maph's Profile Photo

by Maph Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 2:45 PM

Definitely YES MUST SEE

• leffe3's Profile Photo

by leffe3 Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 4:31 PM

Agree with all other points about it being a must see, but Sarah, where are you travelling from for it to cost160? Its so easy to arrange from Aswan (or anywhere else along the Nile for that matter - but obviously the closer you are to AS the cheaper it will be - unless you go for a stretch limo type of tour -:)). Keith

• saraheg77's Profile Photo

by saraheg77 Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 6:25 PM

Yeah, my whole 8-day trip including airfare from the US, and everything except about 3 days of meals was pretty cheap, so I thought this was a bit steep. But yeah, it's the airfare and them trying to fit it in a morning that's making it so expensive. I think we'll just skip it this go around and plan another trip where I also get to go to the Red Sea and Hurghada!

• BerniShand's Profile Photo

by BerniShand Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 11:50 PM

it will be horrendously expensive to visit Abu Simbol from the Red Sea, because of the great distances you would have to travel if you arent booking it with your group then ask at your hotel in Aswan, you will probably get a trip there on the same flight as your group for half the price !

• Rachelynn's Profile Photo

by Rachelynn Online Now Dec 4, 2004 at 6:18 AM

Hi Sarah i came back from Abu Simbel 2 weeks ago and i am still in a daze from the splendour of this place!!! Don't Miss it!!!!! Just some comforting news, i paid more than you do!!! Yes, it's a rip off...but still...long story... Just GO!! Sometimes the worth of the thing depends on how much you value it, rather than the money value.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Temple of Abu Simbel