Temple of Abu Simbel Travel Answers

change location
hholbrook's Profile Photo

Egypt questions

by hholbrook Online Now Oct 7, 2003 at 9:24 AM

hi there, i was hoping someone who has been to egypt can give me some advice. I am looking for information on Abu Simble, how to get there from Aswan without a tour group, and how to get a short, 3/4 day nile cruise to luxor from aswan, without being on a package tour. any help would be great. i am going in beginning of january. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • BerniShand's Profile Photo

Re: Egypt questions

by BerniShand Online Now Oct 7, 2003 at 10:29 AM

There are several guides in Aswan who will take you to Abu Simbol by road, they shouldnt be hard to find ask at your hotel There are also cruisers which sail down Lake Nasser to it, then you can see it as it was meant to be seen Alternatively you can fly....... if Black_I_Pearl doesnt answer your question she would be a good person to ask Dont miss Abu Simbol... its fantastic it was my favourite thing in Egypt.There are lots of members tips for Egypt... have you read them ? the answers you need may be among them

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • megoss's Profile Photo

by megoss Online Now Oct 7, 2003 at 10:56 AM

The dreaming trip(Aswan/Luxer)by boat, it is better through torism company ,as they have big discount

• globetrots's Profile Photo

by globetrots Online Now Oct 7, 2003 at 2:13 PM

Work it all out when you get to Aswan. You can arrange everything locally on the fly (often within the walls of your guesthouse) and it'll be far cheaper than trying to do it ahead of time.

• Re: Egypt questions

by markor002002 Online Now Oct 7, 2003 at 2:31 PM

Hi http://www.geocities.com/markopustolov just been there... see the photos on my site You can join the small group of peope in a taxi for 50LE, the convoy leaves at 4AM, back to Aswan around noon. Rent a felluca trip from Captian Jamica day before (go to isaland to his house, ferry coast no more then 50pe) trip is around 70LE, 2 days to Comb Ombo then he will hire you a taxi to Luxor (pay no more then 20LE)

• vin07's Profile Photo

by vin07 Online Now Oct 8, 2003 at 4:49 AM

hi there .. I would personally not advise a lady to travel alone in Egypt. Well you can look at a flight (EgyptAir) to lv in the morn to AbuSimbel from Aswan and return in the eve. EgyptAir has buses at the AbuSimbel airport that will take you to the temple and back. this is a complimentary service and you will only have to pay the Temple entrance fees. Several cruises along the river. Email me, and I could provide more info as this space is not enough to type. Cheers!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Temple of Abu Simbel