Telluride

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Safety and a Good Start

Denver Apr 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I'm moving to Denver with my best friend, from New Orleans with NO car. We are going to take advantage of the transit lines. Can anyone point me in the direction of a safe and cheap part of town walking distance of the Transit line? Thank you, and we would love to meet y'all locals!

more
    • StacyO's Profile Photo

where is the best place to find pretty rocks at

Estes Park Apr 9, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Where is the best place to find pretty rocks

more
    • Shipping Facility

Florida 16 hours ago

List the companies who provide Best Shipping facility in florida?

more
    • September Adventure Activities for 18 & 20 year old kids & mom

Rocky Mountain National Park Apr 10, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Going to spend a week at a cabin in Estes Park on the river. Although I want to do a lot of hiking & taking photoes & viewing wildlife, my kids are at the age where they also want adventures. They are both very physically fit, outdoorsy & extremely adventurous. In or around Rocky Mtn Park/Estes Park do they offer activities such as off road adventures with ATVs, Jeeps or Rzrs? Maybe some zipline courses through the forest? Rafting? Any other exciting activities? Thanks

more
    • mccalpin's Profile Photo

A place to meet outside security at Denver Airport

Denver Apr 5, 2014 at 7:59 PM

The Official Spousal Unit is heading to Denver Airport Monday morning on American. Once there, she will meet up with a co-worker coming in from Toronto on United, who will arrive an hour or so later.

The OSU will pick up checked luggage and wants to find a place like a food place to wait for an hour or so for her compatriot, preferably near the baggage claim and/or the Budget rental car desk.

However, she complained to me that after looking at the Denver Airport website, she couldn't figure out what was inside security and what was outside, nor why there were six levels (that seems to be at least three more than other airports).

I said that the Old Experienced Traveler would take a look...and heckfire if she isn't right - the Denver website is remarkably unclear about what's where. Sure, you know what level things are on, but what is airside and what is landside?

For example, is the Jeppesen Terminal largely landside? Is the food court on Level 6 inside or outside security? It seems like it is, but many US airports have virtually all their services inside security, and the wording here is remarkably fuzzy.

Or, to put it another way, if you had an hour to kill at 9 in the morning (or whatever) waiting for your ride to show up to go to the Budget counter, where would you wait for him nearby?

Thanks!

Bill

more
    • Ride from Denver to Telluride at night?

by tchristinestt Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Hello,
      We arrive to Denver at 11pm. We thought we could drive to Telluride that same night (3 of us) and arrive the next morning. That ways we would have an extra day in Telluride/vicinity to enjoy. We would enjoy the ride back to Denver 8 days later, during the day and taking our time.
      Is it OK to drive to Telluride at night. We heard that deers can be an issue.
      Any comments????
      Thank You.

• onayman's Profile Photo

Lodging in Telluride /February, skiing/

by onayman Online Now Oct 17, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Hello, everyone!

Planning a skiing trip to Telluride in mid February 2012. 3 guys. Never been there before and looking for advise on lodging. Mountain village vs Telluride city. Condos with outdoor pool/sauna/steam room. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Oct 19, 2011 at 7:42 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Bar in Telluride with largest variety of beers?

by swdke Online Now Mar 17, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Which bar in Telluide has the largest variety of beers? Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 23, 2012 at 9:03 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Manitou B & B in Telluride

by swdke Online Now Jan 12, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Does anyone have any experience with the Manitou B & B in Telluride? Recommendations, etc? Thanks?

• swdke's Profile Photo

Telluride Lodging - what are best options for cheaper lodging in Telluride

by swdke Online Now Jan 7, 2010 at 7:21 AM

Looking for a 3 night stay in Telluride for a ski trip in late March for 4-5 adults Have noticed many lodging options can be rather expensive. Any suggestions for good deals on lodging?

1 Answer Jan 7, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Durango to Telluride in Winter - Open Roads?

by swdke Online Now Jan 5, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Okay, I know, this is a dumb question, but are the roads open from Durango to Telluride in winter? I am interested in a ski trip to Telluride and I see that Montrose is the closest airport, but air fares there are fare higher than Durango. So, I thought I'd fly into Durango. Yes, I assume the road is open to Telluride, but I am aware that some roads in Colorado over passes and such are closed for winter, and I am not familiar with this area enough to know what's open and what's closed. In fact, the Telluride ski are website only refers to Montrose as being the airport to fly into, and with cheaper flights to Durango, surprised that Durango is not mentioned. So here I am, asking that if I fly into Durango, will I be able to drive to Telluride? Thanks.

Also, what is the drive time between Durango and Telluride?

3 Answers Jan 5, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    • mesa verde

by hwp Online Now Jan 15, 2008 at 3:28 PM

We are visiting Telluride in late March. Planning to go to Mesa Verde on Good Friday. How long should we plan for trip? Any potential problems we should be aware of? Any suggestions? thanks.

1 Answer Jan 17, 2008 at 5:21 AM
    • transportation from Telluride to Ouray?

by joyturman Online Now Dec 12, 2007 at 1:35 PM

is there a shuttle or bus that goes to and from Telluride to Ouray? I do not want to rent a car.

Thanks!

• beatchfre's Profile Photo

Questions about Telluride

by beatchfre Online Now Oct 16, 2007 at 3:39 PM

Hi guys,

I live in Santa Fe, NM and my parents will be visiting me from Scotland in a few weeks. I'd like to take them on a wee road trip up to Colorado - the places that I'm looking at are Aspen, Telluride, and Ouray. I've been to Denver, Pueblo, Colorado Springs, and Durango so I'm kinda familiar with the roads... and the amount of deer/elk that I can expect to run in front of me :-)

My old man really wants to go to Aspen - I think he's watched too many movies and expects to bump into Hollywood's A-list. None of us ski! Well, I can ski, but I can't stop. We're not looking for fancy museums or art galleries - just nice pictureseque towns, with some local shops, decent bars with live music, not too expensive*. What would be your order of preference for our trip...

TRIP 1: Drive from Santa Fe->Silverton->Ouray->Telluride->Santa Fe (2 or 3 nights).
      TRIP 2: Drive from Santa Fe to Aspen (2/3 nights).

If TRIP is the preference would you recommend spending both nights in Telluride, both nights in Ouray, or one in each?

Thanks in advance for any replies :-)

Cheers,
      Lee

* by expensive, I mean I don't want to spend more that200 on a hotel room and50 a head for a meal.

2 Answers Oct 17, 2007 at 8:06 PM
    • Picodeguyo's Profile Photo

Apartment Swap

by Picodeguyo Online Now Dec 27, 2005 at 9:58 AM

My girlfriend and I are looking to swap apartments in March, around the 12th, her B-day, for about a week. Our time period is flexible as well is the lenght of stay. We are looking to swap for a place in Telluride. We love to ski and be on the mountain and are looking forward to hanging out in Telluride.
      We live in Brooklyn, NY in a great neighborhood that has loads of cool shops and tons of great restaurants. The subway is two blocks away and lower Manhattan 10 mins by subway and taxi, (a distance of 1.2 miles). Our place is a two bed two bath duplex with a private roof deck. We have sattelite TV and WiFi.
      I am 35 and a Art director of TV commercials and my girlfriend is 27 and works on Wall St.
      Thanks
      Rick

• relocation advice

by mchew Online Now Jun 7, 2005 at 12:07 PM

I'm moving to Telluride in November and I was hoping that someone could give me some advice on the move. When and where to look for a place to live (what's reasonable rent there? I've lived in Boston and Portland so my judgement is a bit skewed), jobs ( i have a few prospects, but i can always use more), cheap place to stay the night I get in, etc. Basically any advice at all would be helpful!

• condo exchange

by perezsoler Online Now Apr 27, 2004 at 4:39 PM

Is there a condo exchange program in Telluride Colorado?

2 Answers Sep 14, 2004 at 8:40 AM