change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• gilabrand's Profile Photo

Passover seder in Jerusalem

Jerusalem Mar 23, 2015 at 1:01 AM

As I do every year, I am inviting any VTers who are so inclined to participate in our traditional Passover seder in Jerusalem on April 3, Friday night. If you are interested, please let me know as soon as possible!

more
    • msocolin's Profile Photo

Tour to Istanbul

Israel Mar 24, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Hi! I'm going to be in Israel for about 3 weeks starting on April 26th. We plan to go for 3 or 4 days to Istanbul at some point.

My wife was there about 10 years ago and she remembers buying a package that included flight and hotel, really cheap. She bought it directly in Israel.

Does anyone know if those kind of packages still exist? If so, who sells them and how much are they approximately?

Thanks!!
      Matías

more
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

Beit Hatfutsot Museum, Tel Aviv

Israel Mar 21, 2015 at 4:21 PM

I would like to identify the 18 model synagogues there, but using catalogues outside Israel I have only managed 12:
      1. - Florence
      2. - the great Tlomackie St. Synagogue, Warsaw.
      3. -Dura Ehropos, 245 AD on Euphrates in northern Syria
      4. - Great Portuguese synagogue, Amsterdam 1675.
      5. - Beth Shalom synagogue, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, 1954
      6. - Second century AD synagogue in Sardis, Turkey. First built as a secular basilica
      7. - synagogue of Kaifeng, China, 1163 rebuilt 1653
      8. - interior of 'Ibu Dannan' synagogue, Fez. Mid-17th century
      9. - Rashi chapel, Worms, an annex to the ancient synagogue of 1034
      10. - Altneuschul, Jewish quarter, Prague. Built 1270.
      11. - Moorish style synagogue, Toledo c. 1200. Later turned into Sta Maria la Blanca church.
      12. - Rabbi Shemuel Ha'Levi Abulafia Synagogue, Toledo after 1492 turned into El Transito Church.
      Can someone help me complete this list with the six missing synagogues pleas? Stefan

more
    • msocolin's Profile Photo

Best area to stay

Jerusalem Mar 7, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Hi! I'm going to Jerusalem with my wife and 2yr old son at the end of April. I've never been there so I'm a bit lost regarding location.

What is a good area to stay at? What is the "difference" between the West and East Jerusalem? Would you stay in/near the old city?

Thanks for the help!
      Matías

more
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Going to Massada with an Israeli rented car?

Jerusalem Mar 12, 2015 at 6:43 AM

As far as I found out, the best way to go to Massada national park from Jerusalem will lead through Westbank by taking route nr. 1 to the dead sea and follow its bank via route nr. 90 to Massada....

Is it allowed to go this route with a car rented from an Israeli company? When I get it right, I will not leave Israeli controlled area (Zone C), so the car should be still insured?

Will I have to pass check-points/border stations on this route? Or are they only between the zones A and B and Isreali controlled areas?

more
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Annoyances and limitations due to Shavuot?

Jerusalem Mar 4, 2015 at 11:25 AM

I'm thinking about a journey to Israel at Pentecost. Will there be annoyances and limitations due to Shavuot? Are there any sights, which should be avoided due to this feast?

more
    • traveldayne's Profile Photo

Tel Aviv & around 8 days

by traveldayne Online Now Feb 17, 2015 at 6:16 AM

We will be base in Tel Aviv and are planning day trips. We are contemplating if we should rent a car for just a couple of days or the entire of our stay?

Can anyone suggest an itinerary where to go ? How is parking like ?? Is it expensive?
      Many thanks! :)

12 Answers Feb 23, 2015 at 1:57 AM
    • pargolfer's Profile Photo

Tel-aviv adventures

by pargolfer Online Now Feb 5, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Is it feasible to make my base at a beach hotel in city, rent a car, and do day trips out to Jerusalem, Nazareth etc.. or should I get lodging for each adventure? I will be in Israel for 3 weeks. Please advise your wisdom.
      Thanx!#
      Rich

6 Answers Feb 8, 2015 at 2:57 AM
    • How to get from Tel Aviv to Ben Gurion airport on saturday?

by gintauts Online Now Feb 5, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Help me and my wife to get from Tel Aviv to Ben Gurion air port on Saturday

7 Answers Feb 8, 2015 at 2:58 AM
    • going for leave

by JohnV52 Online Now Jan 10, 2015 at 12:30 PM

I am an international student and i have to go back to my native country every 9 months , i will be on a 3 month leave
      So is there any place where i could store my luggage rather than carrying it back ???

6 Answers Jan 10, 2015 at 11:32 PM
    • Taxi on Shabbat

by rnl74 Online Now Nov 15, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Hello,

I am planning on taking a flight at 5:25 am on a Saturday from Tel Aviv. Will I have any trouble finding a taxi at 3:30 am on a Saturday (since it is shabbat and so late/early in the morning)?

thank you

8 Answers Jan 27, 2015 at 10:29 AM
    • bwk_michael's Profile Photo

Travel in January

by bwk_michael Online Now Oct 8, 2014 at 11:21 PM

hi there, i want to go to tel aviv for a week in january, maybe do some day trips etc. just wondering how prices are in Israel comp. to like the UK or Germany...because i have been all over the middle east but not really Israel. as well i would like to know if you guys know any local airline going to cairo from tel aviv. thanks so much...happy travels :) michael

5 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 2:19 AM
    • The safety situation in Tel Aviv

by Findian Online Now Aug 22, 2014 at 12:11 PM

We have booked flights to Tel Aviv on October and booked an apartment close to the beach area. We are travelling with small children and are a bit worried about the safety situation. Running into the bombshells would not be a holiday memory that I would like to share with our daughters age of 6 and 8.

What is the situation at the moment and is there still alarms on a daily basis? If we still choose to come to Israel, is there other areas close to Tel Aviv that have a lesser risk (such as Herzliya, Netanya)? Our flights are to/from Ben Gurion.

10 Answers Sep 21, 2014 at 3:55 AM
    • Travel to Tel Aviv

by martiniz75 Online Now Aug 1, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Hello :)
      My friends and I are travelling to tel aviv in a few weeks from Australia . We really want to come but concerned with the current situation . Is it still worth coming and is it safe all things considered ? Thank you :)

4 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 2:57 AM
    • Musical Instruments in Tel Aviv

by LarryMcDowell Online Now Jul 31, 2014 at 11:02 PM

I plan on visiting Tel Aviv in October. While in Tel Aviv I would like to buy a Doumbek which is a small
      drum that looks like an hour glass. Does anyone know of a music instrument store that has these drums in
      Tel Aviv? That would be great to play a drum in different parts of Israel as my trip progresses!
      Any help is appreciated,
      Todai!

3 Answers Aug 2, 2014 at 7:39 AM
    • GOING FROM JERUSALEM TO TEL AVIV

by SA4LIFE Online Now Jul 29, 2014 at 3:12 AM

HI IM TRAVELLING IN DEC TO JORDAN AND ISRAEL TEL AVIV IS NOT ON THE ITERNARY, CAN I STILL VISIT IT IN A FEW HOURS THAT WE HAVE FREE DURING THE DAY/NIGHT.

9 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 2:33 PM
    • overstayed visa as a minor

by delya Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 1:42 PM

If i was 14 when i came with parents to a country and overstayed for 3 years visa Am i not going to be able to come back to this country . Israel Even if my parents are citizens and i am not?? Im turning 18 this month???

2 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 3:17 AM
    • Can you recommend some good local travel company in Israel?

by guoyanan Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Can you recommend some good local travel company in Israel? If you have any Chinese tour guide is better? Thanks

2 Answers Aug 25, 2014 at 12:44 AM
    • Night life

by telavivvisitor Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 1:11 PM

where is the best club to go dancing and drinking in week days? I like house and electronic music.

• State of Origin in Tel Aviv

by aziljr Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 11:26 PM

I would appreciate if someone can advise me on where to watch this year's State of Origin live in Tel Aviv.

1 Answer Jun 23, 2014 at 1:46 AM
    • Blacksocks's Profile Photo

Rental of Jet Ski's

by Blacksocks Online Now Jun 5, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I will be coming to Tel Aviv this month, is there places at the beach that rent Jet Ski's

1 Answer Jun 7, 2014 at 4:29 PM
    • History of Cafe Noga

by Itzhakiditi Online Now May 30, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Is it true that a movie was done once on Cafe Noga? If yes, what is the name of the movie? Where can I read the history of the place from the 40s?

4 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 4:55 AM
    • filmburner's Profile Photo

so where to eat tonight

by filmburner Online Now May 17, 2014 at 8:22 AM

help where to eat,not kosher,jaffa area or south TA

1 Answer May 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM
    • filmburner's Profile Photo

SHABAT,WHERE TO GO FOR DINNER

by filmburner Online Now May 17, 2014 at 6:52 AM

SO,WHERE TO GO TONIGHT, NOT SUZANNE,BENN THERE MORE THAN ONCE.Nevetzdek area. toda

• steffii_o's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Tel Aviv?

by steffii_o Online Now May 6, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Hey Guys,

I am a Medical student from Germany and from mid-July I am due to do a working practice in the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center and the Assuta Hospital for one month so I'm looking for a cheap room for this time. Do u know any good places to stay? (hostels, apartments with room mate etc)

Thanks a lot in advance!

2 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 3:44 AM
    • blues in yaffo

by clockdoc Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 5:23 AM

I understand that a group called Electric Blues are performing either tonight or on April 19th. in the port.
      Does anyone have info on the venue location and contact number?
      ---Dave---

• shopping in tel aviv israel

by mindlesschick2001 Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 6:42 AM

is there a guess or dkny shop in any tel aviv mall?

1 Answer Apr 23, 2014 at 2:36 AM
    • Is Tel Aviv expensive?

by gilllynch Online Now Apr 10, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Hi All,

Thinking of holidaying in Tel Aviv this summer, is the city very expensive to eat out/ drink/ stay/ see tourist attractions?

Thanks!

6 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 2:36 AM
    • transportation and tourist activities during Sabbath day

by Gabbyho Online Now Feb 21, 2014 at 7:08 AM

Would like to know the available transportation in the city and going to the airport during Sabbath day. Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 8:35 AM
    • MagdalenaG's Profile Photo

Where to store my suitcase?

by MagdalenaG Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Are there any places in Tel Aviv I could store a suitcase for couple of hours/days? I'm not booking any hotel, using airbnb instead so leaving it in a hotel is not an option. Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 3:04 AM
    • MagdalenaG's Profile Photo

Showers for back-packers

by MagdalenaG Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Are there any public showers in Tel Aviv? We're arriving from Eilat early in the morning and the same evening we're flying back home so it's not really worth for us to book a hotel...

5 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    • Is there a restaurant with belly dancing?

by Danbp1 Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I remember going to a restaurant in Old Jaffa that had belly dancing and singers but this was a LONG time ago does such a thing still exist today?

1 Answer Jan 19, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    • Calvinh's Profile Photo

Day Use Hotel

by Calvinh Online Now Jan 11, 2014 at 6:27 AM

I will be arriving at Ben Gurion airport 0700hrs. My next event is to meet up with another group of travellers on a bus at 1815hrs, Ben Gurion airport for travel to Tiberias. I would like to find a day use hotel in Tel Aviv to pass the time from 0800hrs to 1700hrs. Any recommendations?

3 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 10:16 PM
    • New Year's Eve

by ChemChooney Online Now Dec 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Hi there, lm planning go to TLV for New Year's Eve: any suggestion for clubs/parties during that night?
      Also, any suggestion for clubs in general? (period is between the 27th and jan 2nd)
      thanksss!

Chem

3 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    • 2AussieGuys's Profile Photo

New Years Eve

by 2AussieGuys Online Now Dec 5, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Anyone have any recommendations on what a couple of Aussie Guys should do in Tel Aviv on New Years Eve???

• Coach Transfer from Tel Aviv airport to hotel Park Plaza

by sansri Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Are the reliable coach services available for this journey? How frequent are these and what is the price

4 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM