Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Answers

change location

Tel Aviv with kids

by lgf Online Now Apr 14, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Any tips for a week in Tel Aviv or near by with a 4 year old kid?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • MariusG's Profile Photo

Re: Tel Aviv with kids

by MariusG Online Now Apr 17, 2009 at 12:42 AM

For outdoor activities, the most exiting place is probably the Zapari bird park. Kids love it and you can spend a whole day there. Here is the link: zapari.co.il/?categoryId=352...
    All these area is a made of several parks, linked to each other, and towards South West, in one of the parks, there is a small zoo for kids your age.
    Further to West, you can rent a pedal boat on the Yarkon river.
    Not far away from it there is the Meimadion water park, but I think that this one opens in only in June (I don't know when you plan of coming here):
    meymadion.co.il/?categoryId=...
    For the weekend, you might consider Tel-Aviv Luna Park, though I don't know how much a 4 year old kid will enjoy it:
    lunapark.co.il/?categoryId=2...

A slightly different type of activity you can find in some shopping malls, such as Gan Ha-Yir (near Tel-Aviv municipality, entrance Ibn-Givirol 71). This one has a large, well-equipped playing area for small kids, named Ba-La-Gan (a double meening pun in Hebrew, meaning both come-to-the-kindergarten and big-mess). Kids can play hours there while you can do some shopping; just be warned that Gan Ha-Yir is one of the more expensive shopping areas in Tel-Aviv.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines