Tehran Travel Answers

change location

Visiting Tehran

by rezaraz Online Now Oct 31, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Visiting Tehran - To see my girlfriend, is there any restrictions to meet her in hotel room in a Five to seven star hotel? experienced please advise. Reza .India

Quote & Answer
14 Answers
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Re: Visiting Tehran

by hawkhead Online Now Oct 31, 2010 at 8:04 AM

I, too, would proceed with caution! I do know that when we stayed in Isfahan, there was "security" posted to keep an eye on who went into the wing of the hotel where we were, and with whom. Later on, one night, there was a great hammering at the door further down our corridor and it was 'someone' checking if the person had company.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelinxs's Profile Photo

by travelinxs Online Now Oct 31, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Travelling around Iran with an unmarried partner is fine as long as neither of you are Iranian, but speaking to young locals I was told that it was illegal for Iranians to walk down the street with a member of the opposite sex who wasnt a relation and arrests were made. Relationships still occur, but are very subtle. I would have thought your girlfriend though would know best, but Im surprised she wants to meet at a hotel. Was this her suggestion? Hope it all works out though.

• Re: Visiting Tehran

by rezaraz Online Now Oct 31, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Thank you for your reply in time, from the local awareness its clear that we cant walk down the street with a Iranian lady since my skin and her skin is totally different, (I m Indian) LOL, and she is saying coming to hotel room is not a problem, and I am planning to take two rooms in her name an my name in the same hotel to avoid entering together to the hotel....

thanks and wish you good luck...

by rezaraz Online Now Oct 31, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Thank you for your reply in time, from the local awareness its clear that we cant walk down the street with a Iranian lady since my skin and her skin is totally different, (I m Indian) LOL, and she is saying coming to hotel room is not a problem, and I am planning to take two rooms in her name an my name in the same hotel to avoid entering together to the hotel....

thanks and best Regards

by rezaraz Online Now Oct 31, 2010 at 10:36 PM

thanks and best Regards

by hawkhead Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 12:37 AM

I wouldn't have thought that you could not walk down the street together.

• 37SingleMaleInDubai1's Profile Photo

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1 Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Well,
    Even if a room should be taken in her name its better she book the room herself otherwise it may cause suspicion if you book it on her behalf! Even if you have separate rooms, if the staff of the hotel observe you entering to each other room it will be reported. So be very careful at all times. Punishment would be severe of unmarried couple staying together (In your case one is Iranian).
    Good luck.

by hawkhead Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Yes, and unhappily while you would probably get a severe talking to and may be deported, she would fare far worse.

• Behi's Profile Photo

by Behi Online Now Nov 4, 2010 at 12:33 AM

"I am planning to take two rooms in her name an my name in the same hotel to avoid entering together to the hotel..."

& care about Cameras

hey rent a home instead hotel

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1 Online Now Nov 4, 2010 at 3:45 AM

So you would book both the rooms or she will book it herself and you just book for yourself?? (Seperate bookings by different individuals or booking both the rooms by one person).

• Mel_H's Profile Photo

by Mel_H Online Now Nov 6, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Make sure nobody takes notice even the hotel staff ,cleaning ,room service etc. ,be as discreet as you can because the (is it moral or religious police roams around dressed in usual clothes , they would come up to me the hotel lobby in Dizin every other minute and ask to pull my head scarf up whever it slipped ,same in Tehran the receptionist reminded me ,both were 5 star hotels, tehran Grand in Valiasir and Dizin hotel (older building)..was wearing thin silky ones hence the would totally slip to the shoulders without me even realizing.
    Would rather you not push your luck better safe than sorry ,Dont enter her room.
    Dont know how it works in motels.

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1 Online Now Nov 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM

and if they has installed CCTV on the floors they know who goes where and offenders would be history!! Poor peter and his bad luck :-(

• cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Nov 6, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I wonder how you met each other...
    what about if she will come with one or more men of his family?

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1 Online Now Nov 6, 2010 at 11:23 AM

and then all can meet in your room??

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines