Travel Answers
Tehran

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• osgatos's Profile Photo

I want to visit some local schools and talk with the kids there. Is it possible?

by osgatos Online Now Jul 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM

If I want to visit local schools, where can I get the permission?

3 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 4:31 AM
    • Public transport to Imam Khomeini Airport

by tezzy Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Hi all!

How can I get to the airport by bus, Metro, or both from city centre?

Thanks,

3 Answers May 21, 2014 at 4:58 AM
    • my husband will not allowed

by alonayuki Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Hi i came here in Iran with my Iranian husband and son.
      My visa is touris,now i dont want to stay more longer i want to go back to my country ( Philippines )
      But my husband will not allowed me to bring my son his only 2years old
      And worse the immigration got my son passport so he has no passport now.
      Does it possible to bring him without passport?
      I dont speak farsi.please i need advise

8 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 12:39 AM
    • Saffron in Teheran

by Bellenomade Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Where is the best place to buy saffron in Teheran and how much should I pay?

3 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    • Travelbug2578's Profile Photo

Is it safe

by Travelbug2578 Online Now Mar 14, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Hello I'm from Australia I wanting to learn farsi in Iran for one year is this possible ?
      Any information about everything if anyone can help
      Thank you

20 Answers May 1, 2014 at 2:07 AM
    • Travel to Iran

by Syed1 Online Now Mar 14, 2014 at 2:52 AM

Hello, I have recently applied for a visa no from the MFA in Iran. I've been informed through a tour operator that the MFA have announced that UK and Canadian citizens must now be accompanied by an authorised guide. Is this true?

7 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    • do do not

by m.mcadam Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 8:12 AM

have you got to wear a scarf on your head at all times in Tehran as i want to visit and i am a female British

5 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 7:47 AM
    • nmvaladanzouj's Profile Photo

Can I bring my children if I am unmarried?

by nmvaladanzouj Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 7:30 PM

I am a dual US and Iranian citizen. My father is from Shiraz, and hence I am a citizen; I even attended school at the Tehran International School. But I have a 2.5 year old son, and a 1.5 year old daughter that I want to bring with me on my next trip to Iran. Their father and I are an unmarried couple, and I know that I would have to file for visas for them to go to Iran. But my question is, can I bring them along even though I am not married? Even my father thinks it could be problematic.

12 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 7:52 AM
    • ShazadS's Profile Photo

I am an india want to Visit Iran

by ShazadS Online Now Apr 19, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Hi,
      I am in Indian want to visit Tehran Iran... can you please help me with the cheapest hotel in Iran. my budget is 2000.00 Indian Rupees per night. my traveling dates are 18th November and return to India on 2nd December.
      i do not have much money.... if you can help me to understand what will be the budget to spend 14 days in Tehran.

Thank you,
      Regards,
      Shazad Shaikh.

2 Answers Sep 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM
    • yankeepeddler's Profile Photo

Tourist visa to Iran for US citizen

by yankeepeddler Online Now Jan 16, 2013 at 6:24 AM

My girlfriend (an Iranian with dual US citizenship) would like me to accompany her on her next visit to Iran so I can meet her family. The length of stay is estimated to be 3 weeks. However, it looks as though I can only get a visa if I am part of a tour group. Is there any way around this ?

7 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    • my issue

by rosirosa Online Now Jan 3, 2013 at 6:28 PM

hi everyone , i came to canada when i was 8 years old , my mother hated my dad so much that she chose to change my last name in the immigration , now im 22 years old and i want to visit Iran, there's a problem , my two last names in my canadian passport and in my iranian passport does not correspond , can this cause me any problem ? even if every other information in both passport correspond ? thanks you already for you responses

3 Answers Jan 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    • Booking a domestic flight in Iran

by tiobraidarainnabu Online Now Sep 3, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Hi there,

My Wife and I will visit Iran in the middle of this month and we wanted to book a flight from Tehran to Shiraz but are having great difficulty in doing so. I have tried emailing a few travel agents in Tehran but have so far not received any responses. Because we are only in Iran for 15 days I don't want to waste time whilst we are there and I understand that the flights often get completely booked up.
      Can anybody recommend a reliable travel agent in Iran who can make the flight booking for me?

Thanks and regards,

Tiobraidarainnabu

4 Answers Aug 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM
    • SyedN's Profile Photo

studying in tehran

by SyedN Online Now Aug 5, 2012 at 7:25 PM

SALAM!!!!

hello everybody!!!!!

i am a pakistani just completing my cambridge examinations from my country.i have decided to get my higher education from tehran university along with another frind of mine....so i need any info on housing, Living, meeting locals, restaurants, standard of education......

secondly i want to knw whether the education is in persian or english....currently i have started to lean basic farsi online and reached the tehran university persian language site(DEkhoda)

thirdly i want to knw abt the expenses ill have to bear monthly/annualy exluding my tution fee

i have visited iran before 5 years ago with my family to visit some shrines....
      so all i want brothers and sisters is your sincere advice so i can enjoy my stay in iran for future ill be really thankfull to you all!!!!

khuda hafez

syed

2 Answers Jan 15, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    • Visiting Tehran

by rashidram Online Now Apr 21, 2012 at 6:59 AM

I am planning to visit Tehran first time, I have some doubts about getting into trouble since , Iran is facing economic sanctions from the rest of the world? pls answer my innocent questions?>
      1. Is there any Problem visiting Iran for an Indian Muslim.
      2. I'm going to visit my long lost girl friend is it possible for us to meet in hotel?
      3. Will there any restriction for me to travel to US or Europe , if I visit Iran now?

Thanks

16 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM
    • Thinking Iran Travel

by stoker1 Online Now Nov 27, 2011 at 7:56 AM

Hi Everyone i am planning to go Iran with train. i searched and found many questions via that form but i have a concern somethings;

First i think rent car and travel iran from one place to another but too many things about rent a car. Can you tell me approximately how much to rent a car and can we use ourself the car without driver?

Another thing is taxis; can we find taxi whenever we want? and of course taxis payment is cheap or expensive?

5 Answers Dec 11, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    • Needing more information on Visas & trains

by oznztofro Online Now Oct 28, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Hi there.

IM planning on taking a train from Ankara to Tehran in August 2012. I know the train leaves on wednesdays so i was just wondering how far in advance should i book this ticket

www.msedv.at/rai/ I have checked this website for trains running in the next month or so and it says sorry no tickets/trains avalible.

Now with the visa i need a letter of Inviation and its something i can get from hotels? Does this mean i need to book a few nights in a Tehran hotel room for the hotel company to give me a LOI

I do have a friends i know dearly in Tehran but i wouldnt want to put him through pressure into getting me a LOI.

I hear it does take some time to get an Iranian visa and once issue i have 3 months to enter Iran. If i plan on enter Iran in August should i start getting the visa number in Febuary and applying for the visa in Canberra Australia in April.

I would also like to ask if any British Citerzens who applied for a Visa outside of the UK. If they were required to give fingerprints. I know you get fingerprints taken in London but im not so sure about other foriegn embassies. Since i am British i guess i do require an appointment at the Canberra consulate

Im going overland from London to Tehran so ill use my UK passport for europe and also to get me into Turkey for 10 pounds

3 Answers Oct 29, 2011 at 11:21 PM
    • blueangelgrace's Profile Photo

Visa extension

by blueangelgrace Online Now Oct 8, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Hi, can anyone please advise? For a philippine passport holder, after my 30 days visa expired should I get a new extension for a 5 days stay? How much will it cost me? Replies will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

3 Answers Oct 27, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    • Joka&Bucks's Profile Photo

Hotels in Tehran.....

by Joka&Bucks Online Now Jul 15, 2011 at 1:07 AM

We've been looking for Hotels in Tehran but is impossible to find any with resonable prices... We might stay for a week no more. Can you suggest me hotels to stay in Tehran where we could spend less than 100 euro per night?
      Many thanks

Joka&Bucks

4 Answers Aug 16, 2011 at 9:57 PM
    • 37SingleMaleInDubai1's Profile Photo

Meeting on Thursdaty16.June.2011. Location, Sare-Pole-Tajrish Near Post Office!

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1 Online Now Jun 5, 2011 at 2:44 PM

I have arranged a meeting for Thursday 16.June.2011 starting from 5:45 P.M. All local and international travellers /VT'ers are welcome. To check on details and signing up go to the following URL:

meetings.virtualtourist.com/...

Or read below:

Meeting on 16.June.2011. /Sare-Pole-Tajrish NearPO
      Posted: Jun 06, 2011
      Well, now being in Tehran, I would like to arrange a meeting for local VT'ers and those who are flying to Tehran. The venue is a very famous touristic place called Sae-Pole-Tajrish! Meeting there we can walk around to many places such as parks, eating and drinking nice food and drinks and in late evening to have a great delicious dinner same as the attached picture!! :-)
      I post a thread on the above matter on Tehran Forum and those interested sign up. Coming there dont forget to bring your Cameras abd shoot as many pictures as you like.
      Date: Thursday 16.June.2011.
      Venue: Sare-Pole-Tajrish
      N.B. Those who attend the meeting would pay for what they want to eat/drink.

7 Answers Jul 1, 2011 at 9:40 PM
    • Can you recommend company for 1 day excursion in Tehran and hotel booking?

by mcforner Online Now Apr 24, 2011 at 9:54 AM

We will be in Tehran for 2 nights and are looking for a company who can offer us a 1 day excursion tour of Tehran, book our hotel and transfers to and from the airport.

Can anyone recommend a company who could organise this?

Any suggestions for a good and safe hotel?

Other than the main museums, what else should we not miss seeing?

Thanks for any help

4 Answers Dec 11, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    • How can I travel to Iran

by bannoo Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 1:54 PM

I was born in Iran and lived there till I was 17. My family and I then moved to UK.
      Years later I married my British husband with whom I have 2 children. But my marriage was not an Islamic one eventhough I am by birth a Muslim. I really miss Iran and would really want to be able to travel there with my husband and children if possible. I am a dual national (Iranian + British) but my iranian passport expired years ago and I have not applied for a new one as I don't think I get it being married to a Bristish man who is not a muslim (even officially). Can anyone help? What would happen if we all asked for turist visa and got one but then they noticed on arrival that my Bristish passport states I was born in Iran?? I really like to visit specially as it has been a very long time but I even more want to be able to get out at the end of the trip.

18 Answers Jun 6, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    • Busses

by reizendezon Online Now Jan 20, 2011 at 6:24 AM

We want to take a bus in tehran going to Kashan.
      From which station(s) must we take the bus.
      Is the busstation open at night (we arrive at night in tehran by plane)
      Thanks for answers

2 Answers Feb 13, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    • The Most Efficient Way - Any help is appreciated.

by AngelaGoodin Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 3:58 PM

I have applied for my passport in the U.S. I want to go to Tehran, Iran. I don't want to take a tour or pay for one - could I use a tour simply as an "advisor" because of blah blah blah....I want to visit friends and tour around with them. What is the most efficient way? To have my friends apply for a Visa in Tehran for me or go the Tour route as an advisor. I am an American woman traveling alone and I just want some legitimate advice here. I know that once I get the authorization number I apply for the Visa here in the U.S. through Washington, D.C. There is so much fear about getting out of Iran as an American but really I want to get in! So please help me figure this out if you know any details I may need and thank you so much in advance.

Angela

10 Answers Nov 27, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    • first visit to iran

by uffetonndorff Online Now Oct 7, 2010 at 8:15 AM

hi , Im planning to visit tehran and Iran for the first time in december , im traveling alone and like to know if its possible to stay with private families , and maybe get some private teaching of farsi! what to do in tehran and Iran I have 10 days for this first visit but I plan to come back later!
      Im a well travelled man 52 years , I got to grown children and a girlfrind who dont have time to go! I speak scandinavian , english , spanish and german, I like to backpack , and to meet other travellers, I have been to more than sixty contries , and now I like to get to know Iran and its people,

8 Answers Nov 21, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    • Prettyhighflyer's Profile Photo

Iran safe for single woman travelling alone??

by Prettyhighflyer Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Hi I am considering travelling by train from my home, Istanbul to Iran next Spring. Living in an Islamic country, albeit secular, I am aware of the need to cover my head, which I do here most of the time so no problems. Does anybody have any advice, tips, on where to stay and what to see and do. I am single mature lady travelling, frequent visitor and traveller to the Middle East.

Thanks

Georgia

27 Answers Nov 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    • Language along Southern Coast of Iran

by Henniker78 Online Now Sep 11, 2010 at 6:13 AM

I'm arranging a trip to Bandar Abbas and Bandar Lengeh along the southern coast of Iran. Trying to at least learn a bit of the language before I go. I've heard that the majority of residents in this province are Arab. But do most people at least understand Farsi? Or will I have to know a bit of Arabic to get by?

Thanks!

5 Answers Sep 17, 2010 at 3:40 AM
    • hotel reservation

by almandhari Online Now Sep 5, 2010 at 5:45 AM

would be in Tehran from 13-19th Sept 2010 attending conferance at the Razi Congress Centre at Milad Tower ,near Hemmat Highway . Please advise of the nearest 4 - 5 star hotel near this area

Thanks
      almandhari

3 Answers Feb 26, 2011 at 1:43 AM
    • gifts for family - please HELP!

by abnik Online Now Aug 28, 2010 at 5:55 AM

I'll be traveling to Iran from the DC area for the first time in 15 years. I'd like to know what fairly inexpensive gifts (as I'll need to take a lot) I can take for family, particularly kids. As they are for family they should not be such things as candy but was thinking clothes or ???

1 Answer Aug 30, 2010 at 5:07 AM
    • English-speaking friend/guide needed

by kclark84 Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 2:30 AM

I need an English-speaking guide/friend to take my wife, son and me (and one other guy) to the Grand Bazaar, Khayyam Traditional Restaurant, and any neat neighborhoods/sites on Sunday, April 25, 2010. We'd love to hang out with a local for the day. Can you email me at kclark at calvin dot edu?

thanks,

kelly

2 Answers Aug 7, 2010 at 12:07 PM
    • cigarette prices

by patterdale Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 1:53 PM

hi, can someone tell me how much 200 marlboro lights cost please in tehran?

2 Answers Aug 7, 2010 at 12:08 PM