change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transportation and Spanish schools?

San Pedro La Laguna Jun 29, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Hi there!
      I'm planning on spending August studying Spanish in Guatemala, ideally at la Coopertiva (but open to suggestions). I know next to no Spanish and will be a solo female traveller, so I'm a bit concerned about getting there alone. My two questions are:

1) What's the safest way to get there from the airport for someone who can't speak Spanish (yet)?
      2) If anyone has taken classes at La Coopertiva or another Spanish school in San Pedro, would you be willing to chat one on one about your experience?

Thanks!

more

Near Tecpán Guatemala

• Teen Safety

by cteresa Online Now Apr 12, 2012 at 7:55 AM

My 15 yr old daughter wants to participate in a volunteer program in Tecpan this summer. She would fly into Guatemala City airport and be picked up direct by the volunteer organization and driven to Tecpan. Can anyone please advise me regarding any safety or violence issues that I should be aware of in deciding as to whether or not to allow her to participate? Most appreciated.

1 Answer May 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    • Hotel in Tecpán

by gvtravel Online Now Apr 10, 2008 at 1:29 PM

Hi -

I'm leading a group of college students working with Habitat for Humanity in May, and we're staying in La Villa de Don Pancho in Tecpán. Does anyone have first-hand knowledge of this hotel?

Thanks!

Fred

3 Answers Oct 3, 2008 at 2:53 AM
    • How do I contact the Katok restaurants in the Tecpan Guatemala area?

by rvc Online Now Jan 5, 2007 at 11:01 AM

Anyone have any idea how I can contact the Katok and Katok II restaurants? (I'm assuming these are the restaurants on the main highway just before the turnoff to climb to Panajacel?)

1 Answer Jan 5, 2007 at 4:55 PM