T'bilisi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Qutaisi airport

K'ut'aisi Mar 26, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Maybe someone could help me regarding information - what kind of services provide Kutaisi airport - are there any shops, cafe, wi-fi at the airport etc.?
      thank you

more
    • Hello from Georgia

Georgia Mar 21, 2014 at 5:29 AM

hello virtualtourist members! I'm new here and I'd like to help you :) is anyone going to visit Georgia? I'm ready to answer every question:)

more
    • annesophia's Profile Photo

WEATHER by 1st week of Dec 2013

by annesophia Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Can anyone tell me exactly what to expect on this date end of Nov to first week of Dec at T'bilisi?
      What would the weather be like? will there be snow at that time?
      Food?
      Is the place be more of same like in Turkey?
      Which place should i go for visit? not much interested in bars.
      Can anyone suggest about the 3-star hotel called Penthouse Hotel in District of Aviabari?
      Thank you - Thank you for your replies!

4 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    • asiaminor's Profile Photo

Moving to Tbilisi

by asiaminor Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Hey fellow VT's;

A friend is moving to Tbilisi for a year in september 2013 and he couldn't find any decent information about housing (prices per month and conditions) Heating systems in the apartments and the general living cost. Any information will help much.

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Sep 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM
    • littlebush's Profile Photo

Kazbegi hiking

by littlebush Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Hi, I'm heading to Kazbegi for a few days in August. I would love to do some hiking but I will be travelling light.
      A few questions:
      1) Will the weather be warm enough to not need anything to warm (maybe a simple long sleeve top) even if walking 'fairly high'(i say 'fairly high' as i am not experienced at anything higher than 2500m but am used to doing many hikes)
      2) Are routes clearly marked or should i bring a OS hiking map?
      3) Should i bring other proper walking gear, like proper boots, or are walking shoes adequate

Sorry questions may seen a bit amateur but am trying to travel light.

Thanks Dave

2 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    • mohammedewad's Profile Photo

visit Tbilisi 1st time

by mohammedewad Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Hi! I'm coming to Tbilisi with my friend on june 20th (2013) for a 10-day-trip. I would like to get to know someone local who could possibly show us around and have some nice time with! :) It's always nice to get to know new people around the globe! :)
      mohammedewad@yahoo.com

1 Answer Nov 9, 2013 at 4:36 AM
    • Terje1966's Profile Photo

transport to kazbek area and back.

by Terje1966 Online Now Apr 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Any suggestions? Bus, taxi? Rates and awailabillity.
      Dose Anne know ifølge Youngstorget have to walk å Long way to see Therese Kazbek summit?
      How secure is the area ?

6 Answers Apr 14, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    • Young people life in tbilisi

by DeLaSofia Online Now May 27, 2012 at 11:23 AM

So, im going this summer in tbilisi with my daughter to meet our relatives. Last time we had lots of things to do in the city, but now she is grown and in teenage. im a bit worried, that she will get bored. What could underage teenager do in tbilisi?

• JustinC's Profile Photo

Best bars in Tbilsi?

by JustinC Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Hi Guys, I am heading to Tbilisi for Easter and was wondering what are the best bars at the moment? I am heading there with 2 english friends but it would be great to meet some Tbilisi Virtual Tourist members so if anyone
      wants to join us for beers, let me know. Justin

3 Answers Feb 7, 2013 at 7:16 AM
    • bonio's Profile Photo

Tbilisi airport

by bonio Online Now Dec 22, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Have a departure at 05:30 in may '12, is the airport open all night, really does not seem to be worthwhile booking a hotel for that one.
      Thanks for your help!

4 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 11:16 PM
    • wanderingtheworld's Profile Photo

How expensive is Tbilisi compared to Eastern Turkey? Also a few more questions..

by wanderingtheworld Online Now Oct 20, 2011 at 10:14 AM

I am arriving in Tbilisi in a few weeks. I really wanted to go to Eastern Turkey but the news from that region is troubling so I am (grudgingly) going to Georgia and maybe Armenia instead.

I bought a Lonely Planet guide but people seem to feel it is inaccurate in terms of prices.

I have already booked a hostel online for one night and though I could scout out other options once on the ground. Does this seem reasonable? I want to be by the old town and old stuff..which area of the city should I look for accomadation in?
      What is the current price of a meal in a non touristy place for regular people?

Also what about sexual harassment? Is there any problem for a woman traveling alone?

thank you!

10 Answers Nov 14, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    • glenn57's Profile Photo

Mashrutkas fromTbilisi to Yerevan

by glenn57 Online Now Sep 24, 2011 at 7:19 AM

I will be arriving in Tbilisi at 12:15 PM. Are there any mashrutkas to Yerevan after that time (for example at 1 PM or 2 PM), or will I need to wait until the next day (I do not want ot take a night mashrutka).

If I am too late for the last mashrutka, is it possible to get a mashrutka to the border, then cross, and get another mashrutka on the Armenian side of the border that will go to Yerevan ?

1 Answer Sep 24, 2011 at 7:35 AM

address of Embassy of Azerbaijan in Tbilisi

by glenn57 Online Now Aug 21, 2011 at 5:49 AM

An internet search shows two different addresses for the Azerbaijan Embassy in Tbilisi. I guess one is the old address, and one is the current one. Can anyone tell me what the current address of the Azerbaijan Embassy in Tbilisi is ?

Train from Airport to City

by glenn57 Online Now Aug 16, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Can anyone direct me to a website that has the train schedule (airport to city) on it ?

If it is not on the Internet, does anyone know at what time trains go from the airport to the city in the night (between 3 AM and 8 AM) ?

4 Answers Oct 16, 2011 at 6:37 AM

Travel agent in Tbilisi

by glenn57 Online Now Aug 3, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Can anyone recommend a travel agent in Tbilisi that can book accommodation for me in Azerbaijan and get the required documentation for an Azerbaijan visa ? The latest thing I've heard is that the Azerbaijan Embassy in Tbilisi is now requiring the hated Letter of Invitation. If anyone knows differently, please let me know - the info I have was as of around June 2011.

2 Answers Mar 18, 2013 at 6:51 AM
    • Vitamin "A' Bar

by spartn8599 Online Now Mar 29, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Does anyone have information or a review on Vitamin "A" Bar? Thanks

1 Answer Apr 18, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Seki to Tbilisi

by glenn57 Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 8:37 PM

I am wondering how I can travel from Seki in Azerbaijan (that's a backward "e" in Seki) to Tbilisi. Are there mashrutskas direct, or do I have to change buses and mashrutkas ? If so, where do I have to change ? Or is there a train from Seki to Tbilisi ?

3 Answers Mar 27, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    • tbilisi-azerbaijan-armenia

by giggler Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 6:44 AM

hey,
      so im hoping to go to azerbaijan from tbilisi am i right in saying they have an over night train to baku or marshutkas, How long do these methods take? Would you recommend heading straight for baku or stopping somewhere else(il be there approx 5days only) From azerbaijan is it easy to travel to armenia, Yeveran is the place to head to?

3 Answers Mar 22, 2011 at 11:54 AM
    • marcewa's Profile Photo

I will be in T'bilisi for 2 or 3 days

by marcewa Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 1:40 AM

Hi all,

I going there for work, but will try to find a moment for a visit.
      What would you advise me to see once there?
      I am rather interested in the old city (where it is?) and building/castles.

Thanks in advance!

Marc

3 Answers Nov 27, 2010 at 1:47 AM
    • toniauti's Profile Photo

Anyone from Tbilisi? :)

by toniauti Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 6:33 AM

Hi! I'm coming to Tbilisi with my friend on August 27th (2010) for a 5-day-trip.

I would like to get to know someone local who could possibly show us around and have some nice time with! :) It's always nice to get to know new people around the globe! :)

-Toni from Finland-

5 Answers Aug 11, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    • could u help me find efforable accomadation in Tbilisi for 4 days ?

by dkochum Online Now Apr 4, 2010 at 3:51 AM

could u help me find efforable accomadation in Tbilisi for 4 days ?

5 Answers May 3, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    • Any opinion on Betsy's Hotel ?

by traveller2020 Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Does anyone know about Betsy's Hotel? It gets both rave reviews for service, security and the views from the rooms but not such good reviews for the location - up a steep hill and at the end of the tourist area.

It's charm sees to be its boutique nature.

Thanks

Traveller

1 Answer Mar 25, 2010 at 12:13 AM
    • Tbilisi in January

by italmelb Online Now Mar 7, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Hello All

I will be coming to Tbilisi for a few days in January 2011 as part of my round the world trip. Given that I have never been to Georgia I would appreciate any advice from you on what things I should see, what local food I should try, what kind of things I should be wary of, etc

Rather than a hotel I will probably stay in a guesthouse as there is quite many of them from what I have seen online so far

Is Tbilisi an expensive city?

Any suggestion is appreciated!

2 Answers Jul 19, 2010 at 1:51 AM
    • train Kiev to Tibilisi

by jaro1984 Online Now Sep 8, 2009 at 4:08 AM

I am looking to train from Kiev but other Ukrainian city to Tibilisi ???
      Is possiblle takes that direct train ???

1 Answer Sep 8, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    • Apartment in Tbilisi.

by Zzan Online Now May 23, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I am looking to rent an apartment in Tbilisi for approximately two months (July and August)
      I am looking for one or two room apartment, with furniture.
      I am looking for cheap apartment not something luxurious, but I hot water and bathroom are needed.

Any offer or information where to find it will be helpful.

• Food and wine tasting

by zwety Online Now May 5, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Where can I taste good wines with food in Tbilisi?

• Terje1966's Profile Photo

Crossing the Caucasus

by Terje1966 Online Now Mar 1, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Hello.
      Can anyone help me with the best route from Russia
      to Trabzon in Turkey for cars. Opinions about safety situation
      for drivers in that area is also welcome. I also need time estimates.

2 Answers Mar 24, 2009 at 4:24 AM
    • columbiagrad's Profile Photo

accomadations

by columbiagrad Online Now Sep 14, 2008 at 12:14 PM

I am new to VT. a friend introduced me to it. I am planning on viisting in June. Is there a reccomendation on a good georgia hotel in tbilisi that would be in a good area for walking tour of sights etc.... I prefer not to stay at a chain hotel. Is air conditioning in most hotels?

thanks for your help

2 Answers Oct 21, 2008 at 2:23 AM
    • Refugee camps in Tbilisi for the displaced from South Ossetia

by leongg Online Now Aug 24, 2008 at 9:53 AM

Hi there,

I am a photographer from Singapore. I am interested in finding out the locations of the refugee camps in Tbilisi for the displaced people from South Ossetia. I'm also curious if it is possible to get access to these refugee camps as well as taking photographs there. Could someone shed some light on me? =)

1 Answer Jul 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    • shohag32's Profile Photo

Wanna travel Tbilisi...

by shohag32 Online Now May 26, 2008 at 1:06 PM

Hello...

I am living in Vienna,Austria..I m planning to have a trip to Tbilisi for a few days..Is there anyone to help me there to provide with some information about cheap tickets, accomodation and travelling around Tbilisi..??..It would be great, if there is anyone to write me and can give me some time there, while I would visit the city...I mean, a friend from Tbilisi is much more appreciated...

Is there anyone to write me about Tbilisi..??..

thank you everyone...

3 Answers Aug 12, 2009 at 10:09 PM
    • Tbilisi flat

by fitzdubai Online Now May 22, 2008 at 7:10 AM

I am looking for a flat for 2 or 3 weeks late August early Sept in Tbilisi
      Rustavelli ave close to the Marriott or Shardeni street area would be ideal.

• tugaontour's Profile Photo

How can I get to T'Bilisi by train?

by tugaontour Online Now Apr 2, 2008 at 6:04 PM

I'm planning on a rail trip around Europe. I don't have much information on how I can get to T'Bilisi by train. Could anyone give me some piece of info? Thanx

3 Answers Apr 3, 2008 at 8:54 PM