Tayside

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 3 nights in Skye VS 2 nights in Skye + 1 night in Inverness

Isle of Skye Apr 11, 2014 at 1:48 PM

My husband and I are arriving into Edinburgh on July 8th. We spend 2 nights there - and then rent a car and the plan is to drive to Skye on the 10th. We have 3 nights booked in Skye at the Rowan Cottage Tree House. We then have a flight out from Inverness to London on the 13th at 2PM.

My question is do you think we should do 3 nights in Skye or should we spend the last night in Inverness since we have a flight out from there on the 13th afternoon.

Also any suggestions on good routes from Edinburgh to Skye and any recommendations for what distilleries to visit perhaps on the way to Skye? My husband really enjoys Scotch where as I can be the designated driver.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Cruises that originate from Edinburgh, UK?

Edinburgh Apr 11, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Are there cruises that originate from Edinburgh to mainland Europe or Denmark or Norway?

more
    • Isle of Skye

Isle of Skye Apr 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM

What is the most beautiful remote area of the isle of skye. we want amazing sea views with the possibility of seeing whales, dolphins,seals otters etc.

more
    • hotel in edinburg

Edinburgh Mar 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM

hi can anyone suggest a good hotel in edinburg central , i have 2 children aged 6 and 1 1 with me ,my budget is between 100 and 150 pounds per night

more
    • Archaeology

Orkney Apr 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I will have just 4 days on Orkney in May - want to see as much of the best archaeological sites possible. Will have our own transport. What would you recommend best way to make the msot of a short stay?

more
    • Isle of skye for 2 days

Isle of Skye Apr 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Is it better to hire a Isle of skye tour or one can roam around the whole area with public transport?

more
    • Taking a ferry with a rental car

Scotland Apr 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I,ve heard that it's not possible to take a ferry with a rental car. Could you tell me if this is right? We're going to travel all around Scotland and this would be a serious problem.
      Thanks

more
    • Scottisn Referendum & Impact on Tourism

Scotland Mar 28, 2014 at 2:18 AM

We are thinking of visiting Scotland around the Referendum date - possible itinerary - Tobermorr/Sky/Stornoway /Pitterweem = touring in a small caravan, avoiding all major cities - and staying on 5 star sites. What concerns us is will we be welcome as English tourists or is there liable to be some ill feeling towards us. We are completely neutral in our views. All we do know is that Scotland is truly beautiful and we wish we'd discovered it earlier in our lives

Many thanks

more
    • Edinburg and London stay

Scotland Mar 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Hi , I am traveling with my 2children to uk and have total 9 nights and want to split between London and Edinburg , can any one suggest how many days to spend in Edinburg and how many in London?

more

Popular Tayside Travel Answer Locations

• rosco2012's Profile Photo

one night in perth

Perth Feb 16, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Hi i want to know where is good to stay closest to the good night life?

1 Answer Feb 17, 2014 at 4:04 AM
    • Ticket prices

Auchterarder Oct 20, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Could anybody please tell me what the price is for a bus from aucterarder to perth please

1 Answer Oct 20, 2013 at 7:53 AM
    • Travel fron Aberdeen to Dundee by train

Dundee Nov 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Where is the train located? Is it close to the square?

7 Answers Nov 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM
    • PICTURES TAKEN

Pitlochry Apr 6, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Can anyone tell me where the pictures are taken in Pitlochry, the ones I am referring too are the ones taken beneath the rail bridge, the lower water falls and upper parts of the river taken by iandsmith it looks lovely and would like to visit this part of Pitlochry, thanks.

5 Answers Apr 17, 2012 at 3:55 PM
    • bedrooms

Pitlochry Jan 26, 2012 at 7:18 AM

We are a group of 3 so are looking for a triple room, are there triple rooms at Pitlochry Hydro?

1 Answer Jan 26, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    • Scenic route from Pitlochry to Glasgow

Tayside Jul 24, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Hello,

we will be heading from Pitlochry back to Glasgow on a Tuesday afternoon at 5 pm by car and I wanted to ask if there is some scenic route which we could take.

Anything "breathtaking" (mountain, lake, special view, ... ) would be appreciated as we do not have any time pressure.

The normal route would be the A9.

Thank you very much and greetings!

2 Answers Jul 24, 2011 at 11:04 PM
    • lillibets's Profile Photo

large city library

Perth May 29, 2011 at 1:55 AM

in the large city library their is the scots language society. can anyone give me details of this

• Budget accomodation in Arbroath

Arbroath Mar 26, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Help Please!!
      Looking for budget accomodation in Arbroath for 3 nights in August. Have searched net, all looks very expensive. Happy to stay in youth hostel (there are none), self-catering, caravan parks (only take bookings for 1 week). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Even look at Carnoustie or Dundee - not too far away.
      Thanks for any advice

3 Answers Mar 28, 2009 at 7:57 AM
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Walking Out Onto Sandbanks At The Mouth Of The Tay

Dundee Mar 21, 2009 at 3:13 AM

I've been looking at the Ordnance Survey map of the Tayport area and wondering whether it's actually possible to walk all the way out to the farthest edge of the Abertay Sands at low tide for the full 4 miles. Can it be done? Or are there always water-filled channels dividing the sandbanks from each other, no matter how low the tide is? I rather fancy getting a bit closer to the Bell Rock without getting my feet wet, if it's achievable.

Does anyone know if it's do-able?

8 Answers Mar 25, 2009 at 2:55 AM
    • Getting to Edinburgh Airport on Boxing Day

Dundee Dec 6, 2007 at 4:03 AM

Hi all,

I'm in Broughty Ferry, Dundee, and need to get to Edinburgh Airport for around 10:00 on the 26th December.

Previously, I've got a bus to Dundee Seagate and used the MegaBus service to get to the airport via the FerryToll park and ride, but this time they don't have a service which is early enough for me. I would be grateful for your pointers. Many thanks.

4 Answers Dec 7, 2007 at 7:53 PM
    • getting to dundee

Dundee Jul 26, 2006 at 6:50 AM

pls how do i get to dundee immediately after landing at heathrow or gatwick airports and what is the transport fare like by air, train and coach?!

5 Answers Aug 13, 2007 at 10:16 PM
    • gettin to dundee

Dundee Jul 26, 2006 at 6:47 AM

hi hw do i get to dundee immediately after landing at heathrow or gatwick london??

1 Answer Jul 27, 2006 at 3:28 PM
    • Night out

Pitlochry May 30, 2006 at 7:40 AM

Is there plenty places to go in pitlochry for a night out

1 Answer May 30, 2006 at 7:50 AM
    • Best places to see

Pitlochry May 23, 2006 at 8:54 AM

Where is the best places to visit during my stay in Pitlochry.

1 Answer May 27, 2006 at 6:32 AM
    • funkyboy78's Profile Photo

Night out

Perth May 4, 2006 at 8:29 AM

Hi folks,

I'll be in Perth to spend a saturday night this month any hints and tips about pubs-bars would be much appreciated.

Cheers
      Gaz

1 Answer May 4, 2006 at 2:56 PM
    • Parking Lots?

Perth May 1, 2005 at 8:20 AM

My family and I want to go to Kinnoul Hill by way of the shorter walk which I believe begins inbetween the two bridges. Where would be the best place to park? We'll be driving to Perth from Edinburgh. Thanks in advance.

• Photos of Castles etc.

Perth Feb 11, 2005 at 11:08 AM

Hello Folks; I am travelling to Perth in August for the Clan Leslie Gathering. I need some digital photographs of the main tourist attractions like, Scone Castle, Abernethy Tower, etc. to print in the Clan Leslie International newsletter. Does anyone have photos that they can allow me to use one time in our newsletter?

3 Answers Feb 27, 2005 at 1:09 PM
    • lou31's Profile Photo

Long lost penpal

Tayside Jan 6, 2005 at 4:59 AM

This is a bit of a longshot but I would like to find a penpal from years ago. Her name was Sheila Falconer and she used to live in Glen Isla near Blairgowrie. I think the name of the cottage was Woodend [ or was that the name of a village? ] She lived also in Dundee for a while before she moved to the above. Would anyone know of her..........?

• lou31's Profile Photo

Pitlochry and Perthshire

Perth Sep 22, 2004 at 6:45 AM

Hi All, I have changed my plans for the Scottish part of my UK holiday but need to settle on an itinery soon so I can start booking things. I am travelling from Australia. Now I've decided I would like to spend more time in Scotland. Am looking at a short stay in Pitlochry. What would I be able to see in regards to flora and fauna in late May?. I would like to go walking etc and may be horse riding. Would 30 pounds a night get me a decent B&B?. Also when is the heather in flower and are there any vters living around the area? Questions, questions I just seem to go on and on......... but would really appreciate any advise. Cheers.................Louise

4 Answers Sep 24, 2004 at 3:05 AM
    • Perth Day Tours

Perth Jul 25, 2004 at 12:59 AM

Hi! Can anyone suggest any good day tours to do in Perth and surrounds??? I will be staying there a week in late September but apart from the weekend which I have planned with friends, am a bit of a loss of what do in the short time I am there?? Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks

10 Answers Jul 30, 2004 at 2:40 AM
    • Dundee

Dundee May 14, 2004 at 9:25 PM

Hello guys, Shall be staying in Dundee on business for a week starting from Sunday, 23 May. Wonder what are the major attractions there? I will stay in a hotel right in the centre of the city. Are there any popular pubs/bars/restaurants with reasonable prices? How much a taxi costs from the airport to the city centre? As I shall be arriving from London, where it is cheaper to do shopping for in Dundee or London? Look forward to your reply. Miahri

3 Answers May 16, 2006 at 1:03 PM
    • Marpessa's Profile Photo

Salmon

Pitlochry Jan 10, 2004 at 5:21 PM

Hi! Many years ago in an age known as the 70's my mum went to Pitlochry and saw the salmon swim upstream - are the salmon still there - and at what time of year does this happen? Thanks :)

1 Answer Jan 11, 2004 at 5:58 PM
    • ringleader's Profile Photo

Looking for activities in Perth / Pitlochry area!

Perth Jul 26, 2003 at 11:43 AM

Hi out there~ We're bringing over a dozen teenagers plus the same number of adults to Scotland. Some kind soul in one of these forums suggested we try Pitlochry for a small taste of the highlands from Edinburgh. What is there to see and do there? I found out that there is a salmon ladder there; would it be worth going to see in late March or early April? Thanks...

3 Answers Aug 13, 2003 at 3:19 AM
    • from Dundee to Kirriemuir

Dundee May 22, 2003 at 10:40 AM

Please help this American who does not know her way around Scotland! I'm trying to find out the best way to get from Dundee to areas in and around Kirriemuir, most specifically, I need help getting to our families estates at Airlie and Cortachy. I haven't even a clue how to begin this journey, but luckily I have two months to get some help with this? Any information, directions, tips, and approx. travel times would be greatly appreciated! :-) Kristen

2 Answers May 23, 2003 at 6:55 AM