Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• AlanM49's Profile Photo

naturist beach

Portimão Apr 12, 2014 at 10:03 AM

where is the nearest clothes optional/ naturist beach to Praia da Rocha,

more
    • TuNguyenUK's Profile Photo

Muay Thai/Kick Boxing/Boxing/MMA Gyms in Albufeira or the surrounding areas?

Albufeira Mar 31, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there are any Muay Thai/Kick Boxing/Boxing/MMA Gyms in Albufeira or the surrounding areas? I've tried looking on Google but can't seem to be able to find anything.

Many thanks,

Tu

more
    • Olhos D'agua

Olhos de Água Mar 26, 2014 at 7:45 AM

We are staying at Agua Marinha Apartments in September. How eay is it to get to Albufeira Old Town from there. We normally like to take the bus when we are on holiday . Is there a regular service.

more
    • hiring sunbeds

Olhos de Água Mar 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM

I am staying at agua marinha hotel in September. Are there any beaches that hire out sunbeds nearby? in the photos I have seen there doesn't seem to be any.

more
    • Seville to Lisboa - Any stops in between?

Faro Apr 6, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Hello, I am planning a trip from Morocco to Lisboa in september. So far we decided to pass Seville after coming from Morocco, so my question is if there are any nice places between Seville and Lisboa that we can reach quite easily and directly from Seville. Thank you very much for recommendations and experience reports! Lena

more
    • 2AussieGuys's Profile Photo

Beach Accommodation

Faro Apr 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM

I am planning a trip to the Algarve in July, and wanted to stay somewhere thats 4 or 5 stars on or walking distance to a great beach. It has been suggested to be around Praia Grande BUT a similar beach on the coast that is a nice spot for a gay couple would be perfect. Any recommendations would be great!

more
    • yoga & scuba

Praia da Rocha Apr 2, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Hi everyone, can you advise if any of the above activities
      are widely available closeby this hotel??
      Heading over for just 7 days 3rd week April!
      Interested in all types of excursion too!
      Thanks in advance for ANY tips!

more

Faro - Where to stay? What to do?

Faro Mar 26, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Hi guys,

We're looking to book a 3 day trip to Faro, Portugal and I was wondering if you could advise me on what is the best area to stay in. We're looking to be within 5 minutes walk of things to do and places to eat.

Also, what would you recommend to do over there, and where to go eat?

Many thanks,

Tu

more
    • 1st Time visit to Faro

Faro Apr 7, 2014 at 12:38 AM

What are the Top 10 things To Do in Faro, that you'd recommend?

more

Faro airport to Albufeira?

Albufeira Mar 26, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you could help me. Does anyone know how I can go about getting from Faro airport to Albufeira (Hotel Topazio)? Are there any coach/train options? And if so then how would I go about doing this?

Many thanks,

Tu

more
    • Relocating

by guyfawes Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 4:55 AM

Hi - we're a retired couple living in Gozo, hoping to relocate to Portugal in the Spring. Prefer old, characteristic places, not big resorts, but because of slight mobility problems, need to be able to walk to the sea and amenities. Tavira has been suggested - can anyone help with general info - rental costs for a 2 bedrm place, utilities. cost of living ? Any help would be hugely appreciated - we intend to come on a fact finding holiday but can't afford to make mistakes and choose the wrong location. Many thanks.

10 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    • DuncanM8's Profile Photo

Car hire Tavira

by DuncanM8 Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Hello,
      can anyone tell me if there is a car rental/hire company in Tavira ? Would like to book locally on arrival 23.9.13 as fed up with trawling websites for rental prices. Is this wise ?
      All help appreciated.

4 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    • Best Place to Buy Fish, Veggies, and Fruits

by buckrodgers Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I know Tavira has a fish and fruit/veggies market.

But what are the BEST markets to buy fish, fruits, and veggies that is within 30-45 minutes driving distance of Tavira?

I am planning to go to Loule on Saturday as I heard that's the biggest farmer's market in the region.

Are Quarteira or Olhao the best fish markets in the region?

Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 4:33 AM
    • Tow Bar fitting

by pabeer Online Now Jul 22, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Can anyone tell me where the best place in the Tavira areas would be to get a tow bar fitted to my car? Thanks.

• Scotnav's Profile Photo

Dilemma

by Scotnav Online Now Jun 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM

The ? Is quarteira or Tavira ? Mature couple like peace and quiet and beaches, good food and the odd glass of wine.
      And maybe a bit of shopping. Cantmakeupmymind. Help!

8 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    • day trips

by david.hamilton Online Now Jun 11, 2013 at 3:57 AM

what is the easiest way to get to Seville in Spain from Tavira for a day trip-if Seville is too far away is there any other cities,towns or villages that are easier to access

6 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 5:39 AM
    • Weather and accommodation in April

by SueMcL Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Hi, we're considering Tavira for a week in April (8th - 15th to be exact), but are just a bit concerned about the weather/temperature. I've looked at averages for the month which tend to suggest between 10 - 20 C, and I suppose I'm looking for some assurances that it will be likely to be warm and pleasant at that time of year?? I'm thinking probably not warm enough to swim in the sea, but nice enough to sit-out/walk/sunbathe?
      We've never been before, so would also appreciate some hints on where to stay - I'm looking at self catering but not sure whether tavira itself, or along the coast at Santa Luzia? Many thanks for any tips or information.

6 Answers Mar 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    • Retirees in Tavira

by buckrodgers Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Yet another question from me. Thanks for answering.

I heard crime is becoming an increasing issue for retirees in the Algarve with gangs preying on elderly foreigners living in the Algarve (and likely to increase with increased austerity-induced recession and unemployment).

Has this become a serious issue for long-term residents of Tavira / The Algarve?

2 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 2:41 AM
    • Weather in January and Feburary

by buckrodgers Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 5:06 AM

What is the weather usually like in January and February?

Would it be fair to say you can get nice sun and warm enough warm to take a pleasant walk during MOST days during this period (say, 75% of the days)?

Thank you.

3 Answers Feb 16, 2013 at 1:23 AM
    • Is the Eastern Algarve (Rio Formosa / Tavira region) more beautiful than the West Algarve?

by buckrodgers Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Hello:

I have seen all of the Western coast including Odeiceixe and Aljeizur (which I liked, more or less).

I went to Lagos and Portimao and disliked them both due to them being overbuilt and a bit ugly with "sprawl."

I was wondering if the region between Tavira to Fuseta offers more a natural, scenic charm with beautiful beaches, charming smaller villges, and less ugly modern over-development that seems to plague the Algarve?

For example, Monte Gordo on the far East looks a bit horrifying and the opposite of what I'm looking for:

portugaltravelguide.com/imag...

Thank you.

2 Answers Jan 28, 2013 at 3:13 AM
    • NiniM's Profile Photo

Some random shopping questions!

by NiniM Online Now Jul 24, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Hello
      We will be staying in Tavira in August for two weeks. The apartment we have rented does not have a pool so we will be going to the beach most days. We would therefore like to buy some beach mats, fold up deck chairs, cooler box, freezer packs etc. Are all these types of items available in the Continente supermarket? Does anyone have any idea of approximate cost?

Also, I am trying to locate the place in the town centre on Googlemaps where the ferry leaves from. Does anyone know the address where this leaves from?

Many thanks for any help/advice at all!

3 Answers Jul 25, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    • Daresh15's Profile Photo

Rua Maria Lourdes Pintasilgo

by Daresh15 Online Now Jan 29, 2012 at 10:42 AM

We are staying in an apartment on Rua Maria Lourdes Pintasigo in July and would love to know about the area. Is it safe at night, what's nearby and how far will we be from town.

1 Answer Jan 29, 2012 at 3:11 PM
    • Which side of the river?

by Westerngran Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 2:27 AM

Have decided to stay in centre of Tavira. and would like to know which side of the river to get self catering accommodation, not able to walk far so need to be near shopping & interesting level walks.

1 Answer Sep 19, 2011 at 3:43 AM
    • Bus Travel in Travira town.

by Westerngran Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 3:22 AM

Will be on holiday in Travira without a car, is it easy to get in from the outskirts eg Dr Roao Nunes Road. by local bus or do you have to take taxis'. Able to walk but not long distances.

2 Answers Aug 9, 2011 at 12:56 PM
    • Quinta Da Gomeira Complex Cabanas

by vdelussey Online Now Jul 28, 2011 at 7:05 AM

hello , looking for some impressions of the above complex. Looking to book there next summer with mrs and two kids 11 and 8.
      Looks really nice , my only slight concerns being the areas round the pools look a bit tight for space and are in a bit of shade in quite a lot of photos
      Does this cause any hassles as we do like to spend a lot of our time at the pool
      Whats your thoughts on Cabanas itself? We,ve stayed in Alvor a few times and love that type of setting and think it would be similar

thanks for any help

2 Answers Jan 24, 2013 at 4:51 AM
    • transport in the algarve

by isotemp Online Now Jun 12, 2011 at 8:35 AM

can you get a train from Tavira to villamoura?

4 Answers Jun 13, 2011 at 4:57 AM
    • Quad/Car Hire

by sharpey73 Online Now May 12, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Hi

My husband and I are planning a week in September to stay at the Pedras da Rainha apartments and wondering if nearby there is anywhere were can hire a quad to get us around and exploring a bit ?

Thanks in advance

1 Answer May 12, 2011 at 11:47 PM
    • MBH2

by MBH2 Online Now Dec 31, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Is there a hotel pool in Tavira town centre open to non residents?

2 Answers Jan 2, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    • anybody living in tavira portugal

by johnmckenna Online Now Oct 3, 2010 at 3:14 PM

looking for information from somebody living in tavira portugal

9 Answers Jul 16, 2011 at 7:39 AM
    • Vela 2

by Mardai24 Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Please can anyone tell me if Vela 2 opens on Sundays? For lunch/dinner. it used to be one of my favourite spots and on my next visit in October I'd like to revisit.

2 Answers Sep 8, 2010 at 4:54 AM
    • Cabanas de Tavira

by Mardai24 Online Now Aug 18, 2010 at 7:45 AM

We recently booked an apartment in what we thought was Tavira. It appears its a small village some 5 - 7k from Tavira. In itself, thats not a concern. What does pose a question though is how big this town/village is and will we be able to eat out in the evening and will there be any cafe's/bars to have a drink. We're not into clubs and stuff; our requirements are small, a local shop for basic, but do like a nice meal and a few quiet drinks. I can only find limited information on Cabanas. I'm told there's a train service from Cabanas to Tavira and wonder how regular it is etc. Would really appreciate any/all information to help us feel more comfortable with our choice of holiday destination.

10 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 6:16 AM
    • accomodation location?

by Aiphos Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Hi, We are a family with a 15 months old child planning to visit Tavira September 5-22.
      I am writing to ask for some advice/help with choosing accomodation in Tavira. What we are looking for is preferably accomodation with kitchen so that we could sometimes cook (for our child) so it cannot be a hotel room. The second wish is that it should be located so that is easy to get to the beach - but we would like to stay in Tavira itself and not in a resort outside of the town. I understand there is a boat leaving direct from Tavira to beach in high season?, and also from Quarto Aguas - so ideally the accomodation would be close to centre and to ferry -or perhaps somewhere in between. Is there something within walking distance? Of course a nice area is also a wish.
      Its difficult to find this out when you don't know the area... Oh, and the price.. We cannot afford topend, we have to go for budget or modest midrange.
      Grateful for any info/advice!
      Kind regards

2 Answers Sep 6, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    • Toshioohsako's Profile Photo

Transport from Faro

by Toshioohsako Online Now Jun 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Anyone has recent information for transport (taxi, minibus, etc) to go from Faro airport to Tavira?

4 Answers Jun 2, 2010 at 4:47 AM
    • Pau365's Profile Photo

Late lunch place in Tavira?

by Pau365 Online Now Apr 18, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Hi, does anyone know of a restaurant, bar or anywhere else in Tavira that serves lunch later than 3 p.m.?

• Trains from tavira to sanantonio

by mchinn Online Now Jan 22, 2010 at 5:33 AM

Does the train run from Vila SanAntonio to tavira regaads mchinn

3 Answers Jan 22, 2010 at 10:46 AM
    • redharmony's Profile Photo

Mobile Internet in Canabas de Tavira

by redharmony Online Now Aug 29, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I will be staying in Canabas de Tavira from Sept 2009 - April 2010 and wonder if there is anyway I can get an Internet connection. There is none at the condominium where I will be staying.

Is Mobile Internet an option in the Algarve?

Thank you.

Susanne

3 Answers Aug 30, 2009 at 8:43 AM
    • rachyroo90's Profile Photo

places of interest? dolphin cruise?

by rachyroo90 Online Now May 21, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Hi,
      Im visiting tavira at the end of may early june and ive never been before.
      Im staying in the porta nova hotel..is it any good? ive read its on a hill, has this caused a problem to anyone? : S
      im not hiring a car..is the public transport easy to use & reliable? : )
      What are the local places of interest? id particularly like to do a dolphin cruise..are they any good? any suggestions as to where is best? : D
      kind regards,
      Rachael

4 Answers May 22, 2009 at 3:15 AM
    • Indian restaurant in tavira or nearby

by debsi2 Online Now Aug 10, 2008 at 7:14 AM

hello, I believe there is an indian restaurant in Tavira, does any one know its name or where it is, and is it any good!! Many Thanks for any help

1 Answer Aug 22, 2008 at 12:28 PM
    • travelling to Tavira from Seville

by alexm01 Online Now Jul 31, 2008 at 4:03 AM

Whats the best way to do this late september - how long does the bus take and is there a rail alternative?

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 1, 2008 at 12:49 AM
    • About Tavira

by 1King Online Now May 22, 2008 at 4:50 AM

We are staying in s/c accommodation in Tavira for the first time in September and wonder if anyone could name some good restaurants/bars and general places of interest. We are not young, but not old (if you know what I mean), so rowdy bars which drink into the wee hours are not our scene anymore (been there, done that etc etc) but we do like music/atmosphere etc.

Thanks
      Janice

5 Answers Aug 22, 2008 at 12:40 PM