Tavira Travel Answers

change location

Weather and accommodation in April

by SueMcL Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Hi, we're considering Tavira for a week in April (8th - 15th to be exact), but are just a bit concerned about the weather/temperature. I've looked at averages for the month which tend to suggest between 10 - 20 C, and I suppose I'm looking for some assurances that it will be likely to be warm and pleasant at that time of year?? I'm thinking probably not warm enough to swim in the sea, but nice enough to sit-out/walk/sunbathe?
We've never been before, so would also appreciate some hints on where to stay - I'm looking at self catering but not sure whether tavira itself, or along the coast at Santa Luzia? Many thanks for any tips or information.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Karlithus's Profile Photo

Re: Weather and accommodation in April

by Karlithus Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Hello.

Normally, April has some rain, but the weather is getting warmer and warmer. Anyway, this year things are still pretty rainy... But hey! We've already had some days of sunshine, weather will start to get better!

Anyway, as always, it's impossible to predict, a little luck is always needed!

Don't know about your budget, but in my kid days I was in Pedras D'el Rey with my family! I remember it was really great, the house was big, the yard really green and the restaurant pretty good!

Give it a look: http://pedrasdelrei.com/en/

Have a nice trip, Tavira is great!

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 6:07 AM

yes weather even by the pros is not easy to predict so i never worry about it and been doing ok.
    I use overal lthe wunderground site for weather and homelidays for apartments.
    www.wunderground.com
    www.homelidays.com

hope it helps

• SOLODANCER's Profile Photo

by SOLODANCER Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Hard to give precise prediction really. April in the Algarve could have reasonable amount of rain still; it's been very rainy there practically this entire March. But generally this is all part of Spring's wet side especially as we move closer to warming up. You should experience more sunny days however in April. Tavira is a gem and you'll enjoy well your time here anytime.

• SOLODANCER's Profile Photo

by SOLODANCER Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM

By the way, as far as places to stay right in Tavira town, I can from my own experience only recommend you a great B&B - the Pensao Residencial Lagoas. Really inexpensive and can accommodate a group easily. It has laundry facilities and a great rooftop area for everyone.

• Re: Weather and accommodation in April

by SueMcL Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions - I'll follow these up and cross my fingers for sunny weather!

Be the first to rate this answer!

• mcb's Profile Photo

by mcb Online Now Mar 31, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I was in Monte Gordo, near Tavira this Frida,y the weather was ok. Not cold but no sun.
    Wheather this year is not going to well. Hope that changes before you come...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines