Tavira Travel Answers

change location

Weather in January and Feburary

by buckrodgers Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 5:06 AM

What is the weather usually like in January and February?

Would it be fair to say you can get nice sun and warm enough warm to take a pleasant walk during MOST days during this period (say, 75% of the days)?

Thank you.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in January and Feburary

by davidjo Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 5:17 AM

weather.com/weather/wxclimat...

Coming rom NYC it appears that it will be warmer in Tavira but as the link shows i would not venture there without some warm clothes. Looks like you will need an umbrella and raincoat too!!!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • SOLODANCER's Profile Photo

by SOLODANCER Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 9:50 AM

It will be close to impossible to tell. You'll have to just take your chance and go prepared with different layers of clothing and an umbrella, yes, which is easy enough to procure once there if you don't want to carry one with you. Normally, Spring arrives to the Algarve around February when the great almond trees run riot in magnificent bloom...and so often comes with it rain which can be plentiful at times. Likewise you'd have to expect to be blessed with brilliant sunny days in between; so, it all depends. No matter what, you should proceed with your trip if Tavira should be your destination cause rain or shine, the Algarve has its own hidden pleasures to give.

• cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 1:23 AM

It has been very pleasant lately. Lat week and this week we have had temperatures of 18C/65F. But today, Saturday it is cloudy and we have rain forecast for Sunday and Monday. As solodancer says, it can be variable but much more pleasant that say Northern Europe or NYC for that matter.

I went for a long walk (2 hours) on Thursday and was fairly sweating by the time I got back. Cheated though, got a bus for four of the miles coming home.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines