Tashkent

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Yurt Camp stay?

Uzbekistan Apr 14, 2014 at 4:56 AM

My friend and I are planning to travel to Uzbekistan soon, and we would like to stay in one of the yurt camps near Nurata for a few days. However, I can't find any place online to make a reservation and my calls never go through.

Does anyone have advice on which camp to stay at, and the cheapest and easiest way to make a reservation?

more
    • Is it safe for Female travelin alone in Uzbekistan?

by Marjagh23 Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I plan to travel to Uzbekistan end of Sept-Oct, 8 days, female traveling alone. Tashkent, Khiva(Urgench)flight, overnite train Urgench to Bukhara, Shrag train Bukhara to Samarkand, Afrosiyob train Samarkand to Tashkent.

Is it safe to travel alone in this country? Any tips you would give ? Is the overnight train safe, I plan to take the SV compartment, $ 80.00

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    • azmanibrahim's Profile Photo

Visiting Uzbekistan 28 Jan - 3 Feb 2014.

by azmanibrahim Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM

I am visiting Uzbekistan and will be in Tashkent, Bukhara, Samarkand. Tips and advices on what not to be missed while there is very much appreciated. I love local food and culture. Thanks

2 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM
    • MuhammadH3's Profile Photo

tashkent visit in september

by MuhammadH3 Online Now Aug 17, 2013 at 3:07 AM

weather of tqashkent in start of september. which cloth to take

2 Answers Aug 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM
    • hostel

by falconking Online Now May 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Hi, which hotel in Tashkent is closest to the old city and has a hostel-like atmosphere? Location and affordability are the biggest factors. Thanks

• mohd_ca's Profile Photo

hello

by mohd_ca Online Now Jan 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM

IAM STILL WAITTING FOR MY LOI IPUT ALL MY PAPER FROM NOVMBER2/2012 AND STILL THERES NO ANSWEAR WAHY TAKE ALL THIS TIME

3 Answers Feb 15, 2013 at 3:07 AM
    • Jingol's Profile Photo

Location of former "Dutch" club in tashkent

by Jingol Online Now Nov 9, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Hello

There was a famous night club in Tashkent called " Dutch"

I need its coordinate or can show me that location in Google map ?

Some sites write :

Dutch club: Tashkent,1 Tadjikskaya st.,
      Tel.: 137-6358 , Fax: 34-45-62

and another websites has wrote :
      Address: 1, Furkat Str.Tashkent
      Phone: 998 71 245 40 08

I need exact location of former "Dutch" club

best regards

Read more: Tashkent Travel Guide

1 Answer Feb 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM
    • Airport transfer in Tashkent

by whatfun Online Now Jun 17, 2011 at 10:13 AM

How hard is it to get a taxi at 2 AM? What is the cost to downtown? Are the taxis safe?
      thank you

2 Answers Jun 18, 2011 at 10:18 AM
    • Tips for first time traveller to Tashkent/Uzbekistan....

by Chilly-Flakes Online Now Jan 31, 2011 at 5:07 AM

Hi,

I would be travelling with my family to Tashkent during the last week of February 2011.. Kindly let me know the important tips for travel/sighseeing in Tashkent and various other parts of Uzbekistan.....

2 Answers Feb 5, 2011 at 2:35 AM
    • Vikingen76's Profile Photo

Where can I watch Formula next Sunday 16th

by Vikingen76 Online Now Mar 11, 2008 at 2:41 AM

Hi all!
      I have tried to find a place where they for sure will show Formula next Sunday..

Can anyone help me out to find some nice place to chill out while watching Formula 1?

4 Answers Mar 17, 2008 at 12:25 PM
    • about Chimgan Ski

by zyt1976 Online Now Dec 10, 2007 at 2:14 AM

Dear VT members:

I will go to Chimgan to ski in the New Year holiday from 30.Dec to 2.Jan. I wonder whether i can ski during that time because it doen't snow now. By the way who can tell me which hotel is very near skiing ground? how much money one night? what's telephone number?

I hope to get your suggestion. thanks in advance!

• zareen71's Profile Photo

visit

by zareen71 Online Now May 26, 2007 at 3:50 AM

I WILL FLY TASHKENT WITH MAY FIREND 2 JUNE 2007. I NEED METRO MAP, AND WHEAR AVILABUL ASIAN FOOD, AND I WANT SOME FLAT FOR ONE MONTH RENT.WHICH AREA SUITEABLE FOR ME. PLEASE SEND ME REPLY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TANKS

2 Answers May 29, 2007 at 6:42 AM
    • Tashkent to Khujand

by jidol Online Now Feb 21, 2007 at 1:47 AM

Hi folks,
      do you have any accurate infos about transport (duration/price) from Tashkent to Khujand and possibly down to Ayni (Aini) - we will then continue up the Zerafshan valley to Matcha mts. knot.
      And any remarks or tips to registration at OVIR in Khujand (I am from Czech republic..)
      Thankx

• Crossing the border

by iwishiwasinpakistan Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 7:47 PM

Since Tashkent, Uzbekistan is less than 10 miles from Kazakhstan, is it possible to get a taxi or something to go across the border? I'd like to go to Kazkhstan to knock another country off my list. Has anyone done this before? Also, is it safe for a white American like myself to visit Tashkent? Please reply ASAP.

7 Answers Aug 23, 2006 at 4:44 AM
    • As a young female European....

by Wanderlust1970 Online Now Feb 10, 2006 at 4:56 PM

Hi there,
      A very good friend of a friend has been working in Tashkent for a quite a while and is now down to biting her nails over what to do after work and especially over the weekend. The person concerned is quite young, European and of a bubbly, outgoing personality and not at all couch potatoe. Her immediate colleagues either a) have a family and are hence very family-orientated or b) are male and are into doing bloke-ish things and don’t really want a European female’s presence, let alone if it is that of a colleague or c) much older females that (this is what I suspect) don't like the presence of young, pretty "competition". With the Western expat community having shrunk dramatically and the Eastern/Oriental community not really being accessible due to the cultural/language barrier, the young woman concerned is becoming quite desperate to say the least. Going out on her own is not an option either as that is just not the done thing there.
      So, if you were in her shoes what would you do? Especially if you are looking for like-minded people to have a chat with, a coffee, dinner, etc.? She is already learning Russian, so that option is taken care of, and I believe she has already visited the main tourist destinations in Uzbekistan.
      Many, many thanks for your suggestions.
      W.
      xxxxxx

2 Answers May 29, 2006 at 12:34 PM
    • Travelling inside Uzbekistan

by fcbrussel Online Now Nov 10, 2003 at 6:21 AM

Hi all As my wife and me would like to visit Uzbekistan next year, I'm very curious about how to move inside the country. I would like to know more about prices of plane tickets. F.e. Tashkent-Samarkand-Bucharan. How much does this cost and what is the best way to order them? Can I do this in advance or do I have to do it in Tashkent airport? Does anybody know also if you can go from Berlin to Almaty?

1 Answer Nov 11, 2003 at 6:15 AM
    • xero1947's Profile Photo

Traffic by bus is possible from Bishkek to Tashkent and Almaty and vice versa ??!

by xero1947 Online Now Aug 8, 2003 at 8:49 AM

I have to make a travel with movies and other culture in middle of November until end of December 2003. Want to presdent North-West German Arts overthere. met in the last seven years on my travels through former Sowjetunion and on Festivals artists and directors from Culture Institutes like Film-Academy, Goethe-Institute, Filmfoundation in Kazachstan & Kirgistan. I will take first a flight from Western Europe ( Frankfurt for instance ) and arrive in one of the Inner Asian countries Kazachstan, Kirgistan or Usbekistan. My budget will not be so high. So can I take busses from one capitel to the others? I am glad to hear from anyone.Dear regards

2 Answers Aug 26, 2003 at 9:24 PM