Tashkent Travel Answers

change location
xero1947's Profile Photo

Traffic by bus is possible from Bishkek to Tashkent and Almaty and vice versa ??!

by xero1947 Online Now Aug 8, 2003 at 8:49 AM

I have to make a travel with movies and other culture in middle of November until end of December 2003. Want to presdent North-West German Arts overthere. met in the last seven years on my travels through former Sowjetunion and on Festivals artists and directors from Culture Institutes like Film-Academy, Goethe-Institute, Filmfoundation in Kazachstan & Kirgistan. I will take first a flight from Western Europe ( Frankfurt for instance ) and arrive in one of the Inner Asian countries Kazachstan, Kirgistan or Usbekistan. My budget will not be so high. So can I take busses from one capitel to the others? I am glad to hear from anyone.Dear regards

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Confucius's Profile Photo

Re: Travel by bus from Bishkek to Almaty and Tashkent

by Confucius Online Now Aug 8, 2003 at 9:53 PM

It is possible to travel by cheap bus from Bishkek to the other two Central Asian capitals but I would not advise this mode of transportation if you are travelling with expensive camera equipment. Invest in a good private car and driver instead or share the cost with another European traveller who is going your way. Make many inquiries upon arrival in Bishkek and avoid the cheapest hotels. You can save money on food and other expenses but always splurge on safety.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • koor's Profile Photo

Re: Traffic by bus is possible from Bishkek to Tashkent and Almaty and vice versa ??!

by koor Online Now Aug 26, 2003 at 9:24 PM

I think it's okay to go by bus from Bishkek to Tashkent. It will take about 10-13 hours. Just keep your valuables with you, don't put it in the luggage section. Last time I went from Bishkek to Tashkent, it cost me about 10 dollars. Buses thouth are not very comfortable compare to those in the advanced countries, very noisy, jumpy, have no airconditioners, and sometimes smell like gas/diesel.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines