Tashkent Travel Answers

change location
mohd_ca's Profile Photo

hello

by mohd_ca Online Now Dec 10, 2012 at 7:41 AM

my friend in tashkent applay for me privet visa nov1 2012 and he still not get any respnse aboutthe visa can u telll please how much take

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: hello

by davidjo Online Now Dec 10, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Sounds fishy--- better ask your friend in Tashkent or inquire at the Uzbekistan Embassy . I think we cannot help you here. Perhaps the link below would be helpful

tashkent-hotels.com/tashkent...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Dec 10, 2012 at 11:07 AM

You need to contact your friend directly. I do not think it is possible for a friend to apply for a visa on your behalf; he or she can only provide the letter of invitation:

>Your friends or relatives should submit an Invitation letter (Notification) issued by the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Uzbekistan to the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan.

You should have a copy of this letter and should attach it to your visa application. That application needs to be made through the Uzbekhistani Embassy for your own country. Canada does not seem to have an embassy, so I suggest you contact the US embassy:

www.uzbekistan.org/

Here is the information about visas from the Uzbekhistan Embassy In London:

uzbekembassy.org/e/visas_for...

Here is a list of Uzbekhistani Embassies and consulates in other countries:

http://mfa.uz/eng/mfa/dipcons_mis/

• MoscowTraveller's Profile Photo

by MoscowTraveller Online Now Dec 11, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Hello, Canada!
    I would like to advice you to buy private tour in Uzbek tourist company and get invitation from them. In such totalitarian country there are problem with foreigners. State wants to control your location. As a Russian citizen I mustn’t have a visa but when I traveled in Uzbekistan I had to have a sheet with stamp of my hotel as registration document 5 years ago. As usual Uzbec citizens are very hospitable so your friend couldn’t refuse you to make a visa (invitation), but probably he (she) would have problems and much attention from Uzbek KGB.
    Good luck!

• Cdnexpat's Profile Photo

by Cdnexpat Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Canadians must deal with the Uzbek embassy in the US. To be credible, an LOI must be from a family member, business, or a travel agent. I doubt that a friend qualifies to issue a Letter of Invitation.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Tashkent