Tashkent Travel Answers

change location
sahita7's Profile Photo

How can I get help in this matter ?

by sahita7 Online Now Jun 28, 2007 at 12:59 PM

Hi to All
I`m Shadi from Iran . I`m designer & photography is another profession
I have . I`m planing to have a trip to central asia countries ( for the
coming month ) to take some pictures for my next photo exhibition .
In this trip I`ll be with 3 of my freind that they are artist too.
Our trip starts from Turkmenistan,then Uzbekistan,Tajikistan,Kyrgyzstan
& at last Kazakhstan and from there we will back to our country.
We are already appling visa for all 5 but the only one that is
not possible is Uzbekistan.
as I called embassy they need letter of invitation.
as I read on "lonely planet" travel guide book there are some travel agencies (on tashkent) that they can help me by sending me LOI I was wondering
if I can get any help from the VT members to find any list of these travel agencies to get LOI by them I found some in the mentioned book but just less of their emails are accessible then I`m not able to do it by my self .

I hope some freinds on VT can help me about this matter .
I would appreciate your help alot .

Regards
sahita

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Confucius's Profile Photo

Uzbekistan letter of invitation (LOI)

by Confucius Online Now Jun 28, 2007 at 2:15 PM

Dear Shadi:
    I would like to help you with information about the Uzbekistan letter of invitation! The following two contacts should be able to assist you and I recommend trying StanTours first:

http://www.stantours.com (inquire at this e-mail: stantours@gmx.net)

advantour.com/uzbekistan/inf...

These two agencies are the best for obtaining the Uzbekistan letter of invitation. Please try to finish your visa application before August, because the process becomes much more delayed during that month.
    Good luck!
    best wishes,
    Confucius

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sahita7's Profile Photo

Re: How can I get help in this matter ?

by sahita7 Online Now Jun 30, 2007 at 7:46 AM

Dear Confucius, hi
    I dont know how can I thnk you for your kind help
    it is so sweet of you .
    really I appreciat it .

thank you again .

best regards. shadi

• Re: How can I get help in this matter ?

by tenilcletus Online Now Jul 1, 2007 at 12:23 AM

Hi Shadi,

I am Tenil from India and was recently issued an Uzbek Tourist visa (30 days single entry) from Uzbek Embassy in New Delhi. I obtained my Letter of Invitation from 'Stantours'. Here is the procedure.

1. Contact Ms. Alena of Stantours, at alena@stantours.com give details of your travel. She will reply to you in a day or two with the details you need to furnish and fee for LOI. For a 30 days single entry visa I paid 38 EUROS. The amount is to be deposited to one account in Germany. You can use TT (Telegraphic Transfer) to deposit the amount. It's risk free, convenient and cheaper than Western Union Money transfer. I don't know about credit card option. Contact your bank in Iran for TT transfer. There are no limitations on the number of places you can visit, but may be you can avoid volatile places like Andijon or Fergona. Remember that the places you mention your LOI or visa applications will not appear in your visa stamped on the passport.

2. Once you make the payement, scan copy of the payment receipt and mail to Alena. They will start processing your LOI. For me it took 20 days to get LOI. LOI will be mailed to you. Actually it is not 'Stantours' who is inviting me to Uzbekistan. They have tie up with 'Central Asia Journeys' in Tashkent. It's they who processed my LOI. One copy of LOI would have gone to Uzbek Embassy in Tehran. Call the Embassy and confirm they have it. What I did was , I downloaded a visa application form from Embassy website, filled it up and gave to one travel agent. Visa fee alone was 75 USD. If everything is OK, Uzbek Embassy in Delhi issues visa the same day. Really fast!

3. I then booked my Return flight ticket Delhi-Tashkent-Delhi in Uzbekistan Airways. They required a copy of my Uzbek visa!

I will be travelling to Uzbekistan on October first week. I have done bit of research on Uzbekistan and now, preparing on my Russian lessons.

Anyway, hope the information was useful. feel free to mail me if you have any doubts. You can also contact me at tenilcletus@rediffmail.com

Best of luck for your trip,

Tenil.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Tashkent