Tashkent Travel Answers

change location
jerrellm's Profile Photo

Local Internet Provider

by jerrellm Online Now Nov 4, 2004 at 5:37 AM

I am looking for an Internet provider (not an Internet Cafe) in the city of Tashkent. Who are the known providers there? Do they have a website? What would be the monthly fee for Internet service? Thanks Ivan

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Scottynj's Profile Photo

Re: Local Internet Provider

by Scottynj Online Now Nov 6, 2004 at 5:38 PM

Hi Ivan, For an internet provider in Tashkent try litel.uz & albatros.uz my fiancee Nataliya used both at one time or another. At this time she has switched to a different provider which is based out of Russia. If you have any other questions about this or about Tashkent, please feel free to ask. Regards, Scotty

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rsleisk's Profile Photo

Re: Local Internet Provider

by rsleisk Online Now Nov 10, 2004 at 12:05 PM

Hello Ivan, This is right up my alley for I was just there in Tashkent looking at ISPs this summer. I office I was doing a site survey of used the ISP UZPAK. I was told by the employees that this was the most reliable and professional ISP in Uzbekistan with its own connections to the Internet as supposed to other ISPs who connect through Moscow ISPs. Their website is www.uzpak.uz although for some reason the site is down. Maybe you can call their offices and get the status on their site. Here are some others: Uzbekistan ISPs „h Internet and Telecommunications Services: „h Albatros, Tashkent - Internet service provider „h Aloka - Internet service provider „h Axiom Internet Services „h TV-INFORM - Internet service provider „h Ishonch, Tashkent - Internet service provider „h Naytov - Internet service provider „h SIMUS - Internet service provider in Ferghana Valley „h TKT - Internet service provider „h ISP Texnoprosistem „h UZMACOM - telephone services and ISP „h Uznet.net - Internet service provider „h Uzpak - data network provider „h Uzpak - Samarkand Branch - data network provider „h ISP Ziyo Internet Best, Scott

• T-Moor's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Local Internet Provider

by T-Moor Online Now Feb 22, 2005 at 4:21 AM

Well, I live in Tashkent and use Sarkor, this is one of the best Internet providers in the country, here's link to their website: http://www.sarkor.uz Also you may try Radiopage, however, I don't know how good this service is!!!

• jerrellm's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Local Internet Provider

by jerrellm Online Now Mar 31, 2005 at 1:51 PM

I did sign up with Sakor (well my wife did). It seems to work well enough. Thanks!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Tashkent