Tarifa (Cadiz)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What to see in a day only?

Sevilla Dec 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I will be in Sevilla on 20th. First time. And only for a day. And only couple of hours, after business.

What's "the thing" I must see before leaving on 21th?

more
    • 8 days in and around Malaga

Málaga Dec 17, 2014 at 10:31 PM

hello VTers

I will be travelling to Malaga with my wife n 2 year old during Christmas along with my friends family n theír 3 year old.

So far the list includes Alhambra palace , Nerja caves and I believe 2 days could be spent in Malaga but no pans yet, any suggestions ?

I can see some national parks around Malaga but not sure if they are possible with 2 kids, any ideas ?

is it realistic to make day trips to Seville or somewhere else ?

any other suggestions are very welcome and highly appreciated :-)

cheers!

more
    • Shop opening times on sunday

by Marblekite Online Now Oct 11, 2014 at 11:56 PM

I am staying just out of Tarifa. Wife needs coffee milk...what time do supermarkets open on a sunday and r they open on bank hol monday. Thanks

1 Answer Oct 14, 2014 at 2:39 AM
    • FERRY from Tarifa to Tangier

by jennyclaridge Online Now Aug 22, 2014 at 8:49 AM

We are a party of 8 foot passengers. Would like to know the cost of Ferry from TARIFA - TANGIER and ! does the Ferry captain keep our passports. I know this was procedure for day trippers to Tangier. We hope to go over to Tangier, then down to Morroco for a couple of weeks on-a-budget. Anyone help. Thanks

3 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 3:05 PM
    • Spain to Morocco

by outdoorjohn Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 2:18 PM

I will be traveling and touring the southern part of Spain and have read were many go across to Tangiers from Tarifa. My question is, is if possible to see another city in Morocco, besides Tangiers, on a one day excursion? For example, is it realistic to go to Fez for the day or is Tangiers my only option? If Fez, or some other city is an option, what kind of transportation options are there?

5 Answers Aug 11, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • Karlie85's Profile Photo

Accommodation

by Karlie85 Online Now Mar 2, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Me and my husband are going to be in Tarifa at the beginning of September. We're in our mid-20s, been to Europe twice before, never been to Spain. We will have a rental car with us. Planning on staying two nights. We generally like B&Bs or boutique hotel type of places, not really interested in hostels but might do a private room in one. Need a private bathroom. Our budget is MAX 100EUR a night, but that is really on the high end. We're planning to be in Europe for around 28 days. Would prefer to spend around 70EUR if possible. We have been looking into this on our own, but always like to get more opinions! Wading through all those reviews takes a lot of time! :P Thanks.

4 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    • Hostal Alameda

by rhiannon.1209 Online Now Jan 18, 2011 at 7:28 AM

We stayed at the Hostal Alameda several times in the early - mid nineties.
      It was owned and run by a lovely Spanish family but on our last visit we were informed the Father had passed away. We have the most wonderful memories of our stays there. The spanish staff were always curteous and helpful despite any language barriers. The views out to the Atlas mountains are stunning. I found Tarifa to be a delightful relaxing place - noisy yes, but hey the whole of Spain is noisy that's what it's about! Does anyone know who owns the Alameda now? and is the restaurant still underneath the accommodation? I hope to go back soon to the town that has stayed in my heart....

5 Answers Jan 27, 2011 at 2:39 AM
    • orangecrab's Profile Photo

A few questions to make the best of short stay in Tarifa

by orangecrab Online Now Jun 24, 2010 at 8:34 PM

hello, I'll be in Tarifa in late July and am interested to go on a whale watching trip. As I'll only be there only from 23 Jul (aftnn) - 25 July (morn) before departing for Tangier, I'd like to make sure that I make the right decisions on the following:

1. Have found 3 organisations: Avda, FIRMM and Turmares. Anyone knows which is best?
      2. All these org seem to be near the harbour. The lodging I booked was Tarik (Address: San Sebastian 34, Tarifa , 11380, Spain) which is near the beach. The distance between them seem rather far from google maps. What is the best way to get to the harbour from Tarik?

3. Otherwise, should I look for new lodging? I can still cancel the booking without charge. If so, what is the best place to stay (affordable too)?

Would greatly appreciate any help!

4 Answers Jul 8, 2010 at 3:31 AM
    • daarth's Profile Photo

Parking facilities

by daarth Online Now Apr 29, 2010 at 5:15 AM

We're thinking of taking the ferry over to Tangier in July (our first time)
      I already found a lot of good info on the www.frs.es site, but just wonder if it's easy to find parking near the ferry?
      Also, I take it Tarifa IS the best option to cross over?

11 Answers Jul 22, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    • aga_i's Profile Photo

EL beaterio - any opinions?

by aga_i Online Now Feb 17, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Hi,
      have anyone stayed at el beaterio (www.tarifa.net/beaterio)? How was it?
      I cannot find opinions about this hotel in internet.
      Thank you for help

2 Answers Aug 29, 2010 at 1:23 AM
    • aga_i's Profile Photo

Cheap rooms/apartments in Tarifa

by aga_i Online Now Nov 22, 2009 at 3:32 AM

Hi,
      Any tips in the subject? I am looking for really cheap room in Tarifa for two persons in high season (for about two weeks). Is it possible to find one for less then 1000 euro for stay?
      Has anyone stayed in Apartments Edus? I found it through Costasur.com but there are no opinions about them.
      Thank you for help,

2 Answers Nov 27, 2009 at 9:01 AM
    • Elderly Campers

by alibob18 Online Now Jun 30, 2009 at 1:47 AM

Hi there, My Mum and Dad are planning visit to Costa de la Luz in September. They used to be keen campers, but as they are getting on a bit now they are looking for somewhere to stay in the Tarifa area. Not an apartment as they don't want to be in amongst it all, and I think the Tarifa area campsites will be a bit lively for them. Anyone got any ideas please - the plan is that as I don´t live too far away I can do a quick reccie for them.

2 Answers Jul 1, 2009 at 1:41 AM
    • day tour to Tangier from Tarifa

by hoingai Online Now May 19, 2009 at 8:44 PM

I want to join a day tour to Tangier, I read from LP that FRS offers this tour. however some traveller feefback that FRS tour is bad as they bring traveller to carpet shop and herb shop..... I can search quite a lot information of other travel agencies or private guide who provide such tour, is there any suggestion which one I should pick just to see the tradition and real part of Tangier? and how is the usual price for the tour with round trip ferry tickets.

thanks very much!!
      William

5 Answers May 20, 2009 at 8:39 PM
    • rock/heavy metal in tarifa

by Gibbo27 Online Now Apr 17, 2009 at 7:08 AM

I'm just wondering what kind of rock/heavy metal scene there is in Tarifa. Is there any place that we could hang out and listen to this type of music?

• mnez81's Profile Photo

Car hire in Tarifa

by mnez81 Online Now Dec 16, 2008 at 8:29 PM

Are there places to hire a car in Tarifa?

2 Answers Dec 17, 2008 at 1:57 AM
    • rockthevinyl's Profile Photo

Bus From Algeciras to Tarifa?

by rockthevinyl Online Now May 21, 2008 at 5:35 PM

On the FRS website, it states:

"FRS offers you a bus transfer between Tarifa and Algeciras. The bus is free if you present your ferry..."

Is this bus just available for those traveling from Tarifa to Algeciras, or will it also be available for those traveling from Algeciras to Tarifa?

2 Answers May 22, 2008 at 5:27 AM
    • denis&susan's Profile Photo

hotel in tarifa

by denis&susan Online Now Mar 26, 2008 at 2:14 PM

We are looking for a nice hotel in the town in tarifa, we won't have a car so don't want to stay out by the beach. Not having much luck so far,
      Any recomendations?

• Question about travel from Tarifa to Sevilla

by KathyOlson Online Now Mar 5, 2008 at 4:22 AM

I am traveling with my husband and son from Tarifa to Sevilla on March 22, 2008. Is there a local train or bus we can take? Also, since this is pre-Easter can/should we get tickets ahead of time? I could not find a Renfe train line to Tarifa. We are currently living in Barcelona - where would we go to get advance tickets? Thanks for any help you may be able to give us!
      Kathy

5 Answers Mar 12, 2008 at 6:55 AM
    • travel from cadiz to tarifa and back

by scoopss Online Now Feb 13, 2008 at 7:45 PM

Hello, My friend and I are traveling to Tarifa from Sevilla, via Cadiz. We only have one night in Tarifa and plan to spend the following day in Morocco until 4 pm. My question is... will we have enough time to get from Tarifa, to Cadiz and back onto the train to return to Madird at a decent hour that night? I am trying to figure out bus stops and train time tables and I'm not doing a good job of it. We leave the country the next day and don't want to risk getting stuck somemwhere..

Any HELP is greatly appreciated.

karen

1 Answer Feb 14, 2008 at 4:03 AM
    • traveling from Cadiz to Seville and back

by marthagodw Online Now Feb 10, 2008 at 7:38 AM

We are a family of 7 that would like to visit Seville for the day.Can someone please advise us of a bus service,times and cost.We dock in the port of Cadiz from 8AM to 6PM.Thank you

4 Answers Feb 11, 2008 at 7:57 AM
    • Jandar's Profile Photo

Private boat trip & restaurants/bars

by Jandar Online Now Oct 14, 2007 at 12:43 PM

MY husband and I will be in Tarifa for a month in November. We are looking for a local to take us for a boat trip for 1/2 day. I am also curious about restaurants and bars still open at that time of year and will it be too cold to
      swim?

• lisaart's Profile Photo

can anyone help

by lisaart Online Now Aug 28, 2007 at 6:50 AM

Im getting marrid in January 08 on the beautiful island of tenerife!!!

I am hopeing that my parents will be able to get there for my special day but there affraid of flying! i can get them from Cadiz to Tenerife wich is great1

So what i need help with is getting them from th UK to Cadiz can anyone help?

lisa xx

4 Answers Aug 28, 2007 at 2:13 PM
    • Boat from Tarifa to Mallorca

by Janetdar Online Now Aug 24, 2007 at 7:31 PM

My husband and I hope to travel to Tarifa - Malaga area in November 2008. We would like to go to Mallorca for 2 days. Is there anyone who will take us there by boat and pick us up. I know we could take a plane but we'd like to go by boat. Most of the charters seem to end in October.

4 Answers Aug 28, 2007 at 12:46 PM
    • Olgawall

by OlgaWall Online Now Apr 12, 2007 at 12:39 PM

We live in Almeria and we have booked a two night break in Tangier from Tarifa. Does anyone know where we can park our car near the FRS ferry port? Your help would be much appreciated.

2 Answers Apr 16, 2007 at 5:09 AM
    • paris to tarifa

by chrisfh Online Now Aug 28, 2006 at 8:40 AM

I would like to get to Tarifa from Paris please could any give me some ideas

2 Answers Aug 29, 2006 at 6:37 AM
    • parking at the port

by memberson Online Now Jul 4, 2006 at 2:52 AM

Driving to Tarifa in August then on Ferry to Morocco for a week . Is there somewhere to park a hire car at the port for the week - how much ?

Thanks

Maurice Emberson

• How to get there and back

by amschwartz Online Now Sep 15, 2005 at 12:54 PM

I wish to travel from Granada to tarifa. Can that be done by bus or train?
      When I leave tarifa I would like to travel directly back to madrid. How does one do that?
      Al

1 Answer Sep 15, 2005 at 3:10 PM
    • bliss7's Profile Photo

Statue in Tarifa port

by bliss7 Online Now Aug 31, 2005 at 7:31 AM

I passed through Tarifa on the way back from Tangér a few months ago. In the port, I saw a statue, and I have been dying to know who it is. I cannot find the answer anywhere. Does anyone here know?

I have a picture here: "My brief visit to Tarifa" - Tarifa (Cadiz) by bliss7

I would appreciate it so much if someone could identify this statue in Tarifa. For some reason I am just really curious as to who it is.

Muchas gracias,
      Bill

5 Answers Aug 31, 2005 at 8:02 PM
    • kmcabe1's Profile Photo

Places to stay in August

by kmcabe1 Online Now May 10, 2004 at 9:54 PM

Hello: Does someone have any suggestions for places to stay in Tarifa? I have been trying for about a week to find a place to stay, and haven't found anything - everything seems to be booked. I did find a place in Algeciras - after a lot of looking on the internet. The only reason I will stay there is so that I can visit Tangiers. If you know of anything, please include telephone numbers or web-sites. Thanks so much, Kathleen

6 Answers Mar 26, 2005 at 8:46 AM