Tararua Forest Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Zorb- zorbing in Queenstown

New Zealand 10 hours ago

I've seen contradictory posts about the possibility of zorbing in Queenstown.

Can a vter confirm that it is or it is not possible to zorb in Queenstown? Thanks a lot!

• Dolphins in North Island

New Zealand Nov 12, 2015 at 12:28 PM

I will be in North Island in January. Where is the best place to see dolphins (the big ones)? I would probably take a tour (swim with dolphins). I've heard about Akaroa or Kaikoura. Any suggestions?

• DoctorEd's Profile Photo

Bay of Islands to Thames area

New Zealand Nov 14, 2015 at 11:33 PM

We are planning a trip to NZ next January or February. We will arrive in Auckland, and then will drive to the Bay of Islands. After staying there for 2 or 3 days, we want to go to the Thames/Coromandel area. That is a long stretch. Should we break the drive somewhere and stay overnight? If so, where? We would have already seen Auckland.

• Tour Company "About Australia"

New Zealand Yesterday

Has anyone used the tour company "About Australia"? There doesn't seem to be much info on them.

• Whistlestop Tour of NZ - Milford Sound Overnight Cruise or Day trip

New Zealand Nov 9, 2015 at 2:24 AM

Hi guys can anyone give me some advice please?
      My husband and I are travelling from the UK to tour both Islands in March/April next year to celebrate my 50th Birthday. Unfortunately this is the one and only time we will be able to make this journey and we only have 17 nights in which to see as much as we can :(
      We are working on our itinerary and at the moment it looks like this:
      Day 1 Auckland
      Day 2 & 3 Coromendal - Hot Water Beach & Cathedral Cove
      Day 4 Waitomo - Glowworm caves
      Day 5 Rotorua - Geothermal park
      Day 6 Napier - Wine
      Day 7 Martinborough - Wine
      Day 8 Wellington - City sightseeing
      Day 9 Ferry to South island then to Westport
      Day 10 Franz Joseph - Glacier walk
      Day 11 Queenstown
      Day 12 Milford Sound - Overnight cruise
      Day 13 Queenstown
      Day 14 Oamaru - Penguins
      Day 15 Kaikoura - Whales
      Day 16 Christchurch
      Day 17 Home
      I know people are going to say this is too much to try and pack in but we don't really have a choice and have tried to make sure we are doing no more than 3 hours a day driving, it is our intention to rise early do the drive and then have the day at whatever we are doing. The exception to this is Day 14 going from Oamaru to Kaikoura which I know is about 5 hours but I can't really see a way to go whale watching otherwise, is it worth doing this journey?
      My main query is that we are planning to take a coach from Queenstown to Milford (to take a break from the driving) but are not sure whether it is worth taking up the time (and expense) to do an overnight cruise as I believe the boat leaves the dock at 4.30pm and returns by 10.30am the following morning and as I believe that it gets dark around 6.30pm is it worth spending approx. $400 for the overnight when we could do a day trip including a 2.5 hour boat trip for around $125 and save a night that we could use elsewhere?
      Any thoughts anyone?

• TheCanucklehead's Profile Photo

How do I get there?

by TheCanucklehead Online Now Oct 3, 2006 at 12:28 AM

I'm currently living in Wellington, and am looking for a way to get to Tararua Forest Park without driving there. Are there any buses or anything that would take me near, within walking or biking distance? I've only been in the country for about a week, so am trying to find my way around still.

1 Answer Oct 3, 2006 at 2:50 AM