Travel Answers
Tanzania

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• BE001903's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend a good beach resort?

Zanzibar Island Dec 4, 2014 at 1:12 PM

We want to book +- 4 days at a beach resort in Zanzibar (after a short stay in Stone Town). We'll be going next year first week of June (after a 2 week safari ).
      I'm looking for: nice (preferable harass free ) beach, possibility to swim in the see, hotel with clean rooms with sea view, nice and clean pool, restaurants with à la carte possibility (preferably no buffets), possibility to book boat (and other ) tours with a preference for smaller hotels. Has anyone been to such a Zanzibar beach hotel (price range similar to Blue bay Beach resort which was proposed by the local agent but which seems to have reviews ranging from good to awfull)

more

Tanzania May

Tanzania Nov 23, 2014 at 4:14 AM

We're looking into a trip to Tanzania and Zanzibar next year. Plan would be to visit serengeti, Ngorongoro crater, Manyara, Tarangire the last 2 weeks of May and then 1st week of June off to Zanzibar. I know this is the end of wet season so I'm trying to assess what this means in practice. Does it rain all day?

more
    • sjokatt's Profile Photo

Salary for a Safari guide on private safari

Tanzania Nov 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Hi, we are four people going for 10 days private safari to four big parks in Tanzania. Does anyone know how high are the wages of the safari guides? How much should we pay to our guide for 10 days? He is self-employed.

more

Can anyone recommend a good beach resort?

Zanzibar Island Dec 4, 2014 at 1:12 PM

We want to book +- 4 days at a beach resort in Zanzibar (after a short stay in Stone Town). We'll be going next year first week of June (after a 2 week safari ).
      I'm looking for: nice (preferable harass free ) beach, possibility to swim in the see, hotel with clean rooms with sea view, nice and clean pool, restaurants with à la carte possibility (preferably no buffets), possibility to book boat (and other ) tours with a preference for smaller hotels. Has anyone been to such a Zanzibar beach hotel (price range similar to Blue bay Beach resort which was proposed by the local agent but which seems to have reviews ranging from good to awfull)

2 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 12:26 AM
    • sjokatt's Profile Photo

Salary for a Safari guide on private safari

Tanzania Nov 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Hi, we are four people going for 10 days private safari to four big parks in Tanzania. Does anyone know how high are the wages of the safari guides? How much should we pay to our guide for 10 days? He is self-employed.

8 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Tanzania May

Tanzania Nov 23, 2014 at 4:14 AM

We're looking into a trip to Tanzania and Zanzibar next year. Plan would be to visit serengeti, Ngorongoro crater, Manyara, Tarangire the last 2 weeks of May and then 1st week of June off to Zanzibar. I know this is the end of wet season so I'm trying to assess what this means in practice. Does it rain all day?

5 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 10:17 PM
    • Mwanza to Kigali

Mwanza Oct 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM

How can one do this by bus?

2 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 4:56 PM
    • TUNDUMA BORDER CROSSING TO ZAMBIA

Tanzania Oct 27, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Hi everyone. How long would it take to cross with a private car? Any tips? thanks. Phil

• bwk_michael's Profile Photo

Vaccination

Tanzania Oct 13, 2014 at 6:33 AM

What kind of vaccination do i need for Tanzania / Sansibar. Thanks, Michael

2 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • Bill23's Profile Photo

Money stolen from Agency's Account by 2 tourists in Arusha

Tanzania Oct 12, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Hi , TA members

I think this is right field to bring this case , and if not i apologize for this . My friend in Arusha he is a Tour Operator , he had served 2 tourists from Ireland by joining them in sharing safari for 4 days . Before the service they were agreed each other between him and these 2 Irish guys should pay a deposit of $ 645 to secure the booking as usually every agency does . So they paid that deposit by transfer it into his account in Tanzania . On 03rd Oct they came and started a safari as it was agreed , and by 06th Oct the finished their safari trip and they kept excellent comments to him .

But the real case is , on 10th Oct one of them went to her bank and claim to her bank to bring back that payment which was paid as deposit to her account and cancel that money transfer , so her bank which is '' Allies Irish Bank '' took back that money from my friend account , so my questions are :-

1) What action or steps do you advise to my friend should take to bring back his money into his account from these inconvenient guys ?.

2) Is it possible for him to get his money back ?.

3) What should he does to secure something like this never happen again ?.

Sorry for long story , but in reality i need an help to help him . Thanks for take your time and contribute on my thread . Your advice will be much appreciated .

Meth

12 Answers Oct 12, 2014 at 5:05 PM
    • Pemba Island

Pemba Island Oct 1, 2014 at 3:37 AM

I'm trying to decide if I should book The Manta Hotel on Pemba Island, because I want to be close to Jozani Forest and because the resort has amazing reviews. It seems no one speaks English and I can't get any information. Is the area safe? We're two girls, flying directly to Zanzibar, then Pemba, staying at the resort and only leaving to go to the forest to see the monkeys. Any advice? We want a beach holiday, with some wildlife and/or yoga involved.

1 Answer Oct 22, 2014 at 3:19 AM
    • moving to dar es salaam !

Dar es Salaam Sep 20, 2014 at 5:17 AM

hi, i have got a job offer in dar es salaam
      salary offered is 750 us$, besides, company would pay for rent and transport and food
      all the other expenses like housekeeping, toiletries would be incurred by me

so is the above package good enough for a bachelor, or is it on the lower side.

All the suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and regards

2 Answers Sep 21, 2014 at 9:15 PM
    • Most suitable accomodation

Zanzibar Town Sep 15, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Please advise the best city to stay in Zanzibar . I want to be at trhed beach but also close to Stone Town in order to save on travelling cost

Thank you

2 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 10:01 PM
    • No Question Title

Arusha Sep 3, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Is it safe ?

3 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • What can Americans bring to trade? In Kenya and Tanzania? Just pens and paper or? Shoes?

Tanzania Aug 30, 2014 at 5:56 PM

What can Americans bring to trade? In Kenya and Tanzania? Just pens and paper or? Shoes?

8 Answers Aug 31, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    • General information about Zanzibar

Zanzibar Island Aug 29, 2014 at 5:52 AM

We are 4 adoults and 2 teenagers who wants to visit Zanzibar next year. We would like to arrive at the end of July and be there for about two weeks. When I search the web I find the hotels to be very expensive. Can anyone give me good advice about whereto stay? It is ok to pay up to 2000 American dollars pr week for all of us. We would love to stay near the beach. Which part of the island would you prefere? I have reas thar the northern side is the best? Grateful for any answers :))

4 Answers Sep 8, 2014 at 3:38 AM
    • boiga's Profile Photo

from selous to niassa reserve

Dar es Salaam Aug 21, 2014 at 9:10 AM

is it possible to go from selous reserve to niassa reserve?

1 Answer Aug 21, 2014 at 10:30 AM
    • The Mara River Area

Serengeti National Park Aug 13, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Am I allowed to drive there in a safari truck & sleep in the truck over night?

2 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    • Money for 9 days vacay in zanzibar

Zanzibar Island Aug 10, 2014 at 8:51 AM

How much cash should I take for 9days in nungwi? We have b&b accom, I'm conserved as there are no cash machines

2 Answers Aug 10, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    • Price of Hand Tools in Tanzania?

Tanzania Aug 1, 2014 at 10:11 AM

What is the usual price of purchasing hand tools such as tin snips in Tanzania?

• buying in dar es salaam

Dar es Salaam Jul 27, 2014 at 2:48 PM

where do you go to buy necessities in dar es salaam, like razors or soap or shampoo or toilet paper?

1 Answer Aug 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM
    • Mt. Kilimanjaro

Tanzania Jul 16, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Would anyone reccomend hiking up mt. kilimanjaro? Is it worth the money?

3 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 1:02 PM
    • SHUTTLE SERVICE IN ARUSHA

Arusha Jul 11, 2014 at 3:14 AM

LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE DELUXE SHUTTLE SERVICE IN ARUSHA

5 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 9:05 AM
    • WHICH IS THE NICE LODGE TO STAY FOR TWO NIGHTS AT MIKUMI NATIONAL PARK?

Mikumi National Park Jul 9, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I NEED TO GO TO MIKUMI NATIONAL PARK AND NEED TO KNOW GOOD LODGE TO STAY

1 Answer Jul 9, 2014 at 2:25 PM
    • jouster98's Profile Photo

Safari Adventure December 2-8 2014, tips anyone?

Tanzania Jun 16, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Hello!

I'm a single, female traveler, and I'm going to be heading to Tanzania in December. I'll be in Uganda for the month of November volunteering, then looking to end the adventure with a Serengeti safari in Tanzania before returning to Canada.

Couple things I'm looking for:
      Low budget and reliable
      Flight advice from Entebbe to Kilimanjaro International (via Nairobi)
      Any things I MUST see?
      Anyone wanna tag along?

Thanks in advance for any input!

S

6 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 3:05 AM
    • Single female traveller looking for beach place to stay

Zanzibar Island Jun 14, 2014 at 6:13 AM

Hey there, I am heading to Zanzibar to spend time with some friends who are working in the hospital. I intend to head to a beach first for a few nights and was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere relatively inexpensive where I will be able to sunbathe and relax, but not be completely isolated on my own. Many thanks in advance

4 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • Indy80's Profile Photo

Partial Climb of Mount Kilimanjaro

Tanzania May 26, 2014 at 5:54 AM

We had our sights set on climbing Mt Kilimanjaro however due to the fact that my boys are 11, 11 & 13 we have decided it is too difficult and not safe. We are considering doing a partial climb, 4 days, 3 nights. We are keen to experience the trek, the scenery and view up close the mountain.
      Has anybody done anything similar? Can anyone recommend a route to follow.
      Any advice is welcome.

7 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 7:44 AM
    • Indy80's Profile Photo

Safari Operator in Tanzania

Tanzania May 20, 2014 at 4:42 AM

We are looking to use Borderless Tours and Safaris for a 10 day Safari in Tanzania. Can anybody recommend using them?

13 Answers Jun 11, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    • transport to bunda

Mwanza May 4, 2014 at 1:20 PM

How can I get to Bunda from Mwanza airport? What is the safest way to get there? Is it possible to book a taxi to be waiting at airport arrival? Thank you for any help. Haven't been able to find any detailed info on this journey.

• Who to Use??

Tanzania May 1, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Hi I am trying to choose between 2 safari holidays. One with Africa Travel Resource using MKSC guides and one with Safariandbeach using Masaii Wanderings guides. Can anyone comment on whether they have used them or heard any good or bad reviews

1 Answer May 25, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    • Weather update

Zanzibar Island Apr 28, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Hello. We are two friends coming to Jambiani on May 2nd. The weather forecast do not look to promising. It says rain every single day from now until we leave non May 11th. Could you maybe update us a bit on the weather conditions? Many thanks.

2 Answers May 5, 2014 at 4:38 AM
    • Looking for a gym

Mwanza Apr 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Hi could anybody direct me to any gyms in Mwanza? I would like to know roughly how much they charge and if they do classes?

Thanks

• Hotels in Dar ess Salaam

Dar es Salaam Apr 15, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Which ones are the good hotels in Dar es Salaam?

2 Answers Sep 12, 2014 at 9:57 PM