Tanzania Travel Answers

change location
nathanronen's Profile Photo

Need your final advice on Tanzania Itinerary

by nathanronen Online Now Sep 9, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Hello VTers with Tanazania experience,

It has been a long and difficult journey to come up with a realistic itinerary to Tanzania for July 2010. I have come up with the following itinerary through consultations, but now turn to you for help on any suggestions, amendments, kudos, etc. you may have. ANYTHING!

Here is the masterpiece...what do you all think?

Day 1: 30th June: Dar es Salaam Arrival
Arrive 8:10pm. Transfer to hotel after evening airport arrival.
Overnight at the Movenpick Palm Royal hotel.
Day 2: 1st July: Dar es Salaam – Arusha,
Pick up at the Movenpick Palm Royal for airport transfer. Morning flight with Precision Air to Arusha Airport. Upon arrival transfer to Arumeru River Lodge. Climb briefing and gear check with Kilimanjaro guide. Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner.
Day3: 2nd July Arusha National Park.
Leave after breakfast to ANAPA. This tour will give me time to recuperate from my international flight. Moreover, by adding this day, it will give you time to find me and you extra gears if needed or incase of any luggage delays.

Day 4: 3rd July: Arusha – Londorossi Gate – Big Tree/Forest Camp (10,000ft)
In the morning drive from hotel to Londorossi Gate and after registration drive to the dropping off point for Lemosho to meet porters and begin the trek to the Big Tree (Forest) Camp. Overnight stay in tents throughout the climb (Tents must include; sleeping bags and sleeping pads/Thermarests). Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner included all days
Day 5: 4th July: Shira 1 Camp (up to 11500ft- descend to 1100ft)
Day 6: 5th July: Moir Camp (13200ft )
Day 7: 6th July: Lava Tower camp (14500ft)
Day 8: 7th July: Lava Tower Extra day ( Acclimatization day)
Day 9: 8th July: Arrow Glacier Camp (16000ft)
Day 10: 9th July: Crater Camp (18500ft)
Day 11: 10th July: Summit in the morning, overnight Mweka hut (10000 ft).
Day 12: 11th July: Depart early morning to Mweka gate. Lunch at the gate. After signing out, drive for about 2.5 hours to Arusha, and then drive to Bougainvillea lodge in Karatu.

Day 13: 12th July: Lake Eyasi Hadzabe tour.
With an early start on this day, drive to Lake Eyasi. There visit the tribe while accompanied by a Hadzabe liaison Guide together with my own driver Guide. Participate in activities with Hadzabe tribe. Driver guide will help interpret for me what the tribe guide will be talking about. Later drive back to Bougainvillea lodge. Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner

Day 14: 13th July: Ngorongoro Crater
Early morning departure for game drive in Ngorongoro Crater. Spend the day exploring Crater. Hopefully see the rhino, as well as many other animals. In the evening, visit the Maasai boma and learn about this tribe. Overnight Bougainvillea Lodge again. Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner

Day 15: 14th July: Serengeti National Park
En route to Serengeti after breakfast. This should be a full day game drive. However, on the way to Serengeti, stop at Oldupai archeological site. The plan is to get to central- north Serengeti, Seronera area. I understand that July is not a migration season, but seronera area should be rich with wildlife and if it rains, there is a big chance that I will be able to see the beginning of wildlife migration moving in from the north. ( Masai Mara area). Seronera Wildlife Lodge, Mbuzi Mawe tented camp, or any similar lodges should be used. Please select a good accommodation that is not too expensive. I know choices are limited but I am looking for good value and good location. Overnight. Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner

Day 16: 15th July: Serengeti National Park:
Full day game drive in the Serengeti, in search of animals as well as the migration. Seronera Wildlife Lodge or Mbuzi tented camp or any similar. Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner

Day 17: 16th July: Serengeti National Park
This will be another full day game drive. Overnight at Seronera Wildlife Lodge, Or Serena lodge or Mbuzi Mawe tented camp, Located in the central Serengeti. The lodge should be close to Seronera Air strip. Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner

Day 18: 17th July: Fly Serengeti-Arusha-Zanzibar.
Fly from Serengeti to Zanzibar. After arriving at Zanzibar Airport transfer to the Tembo Hotel in Stone Town.
Overnight stay at Tembo Hotel. Breakfast only.

Day 19: 18th July: Stone Town
Spice tour as well as tour of historical Stone Town. Overnight stay at Tembo Hotel. Breakfast only

Day 20: 19th July: Stone Town – Fly to Dar es Salaam – Depart for USA
Transfer to the Zanzibar Airport for flight to Dar es Salaam and then evening international flight home. In the morning of this day arrange a guided trip to Jozani for me in the morning and take an afternoon flight back to Dar. Fly back to USA from Dar at 9:20pm.

Any comments? Any? Thanks so much.

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Tanzania Travel Answer Locations