change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Tangier

• Safety for tourist

by dogav8r Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Is Tangier safe for a U S citizen to walk around in?

3 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 2:09 AM
    • Jesperp's Profile Photo

Taxi in Tangier

by Jesperp Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 9:41 AM

We arrive by ferry to Tangier from Spain.

Be received Euros in taxis in Tangier?

21 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    • laptop computers

by chipface Online Now Feb 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM

where can I purchase a laptop computer in Tangiers??

8 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    • ferry to spain

by ovsa Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 6:40 PM

i need to get from Tangier to Malaga, Spain in about 8 hours to catch a plane in mid-august

I have read different accounts , so what would be the fastest way using the ferry/bus combination , also keeping cost in mind.

I am also aware of a 2 hour time difference in the summer

Thanks

14 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 9:10 AM
    • Left luggage lockers in Tarifa or Algeciras?

by Ntb111 Online Now Sep 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Hello,
      I'm travelling through Spain with a suitcase (average size, approx 14 kilograms). Was hoping to catch a ferry to tangier and then trek down through fez, Marrakech, and then back to tangier; however didn't want to take my suitcase (I have a small sized shoulder bag I can use for a weeks worth of travelling in morocco). I was wondering, are there any places in Spain, prior to the ferry that have left luggage services, maintaining the luggage for 6-7 days? I have read that the Algeciras train station does not have left luggage services.

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Sep 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    • lgh's Profile Photo

Marrakech - Tangier - Algeciras

by lgh Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Dear fellow travellers,

My friend and I have made some adjustments in our itinerary so instead of going southbound from Spain to Morocco, we will be arriving first in Casablanca and moving up north to Spain. We plan on taking an overnight train from Marrakech to Tangier arriving in the morning around 7AM and then catch a ferry from Tangier med to Algeciras at 10AM to catch on a last train (3:30PM) from Algeciras to Granada. This presumably will work assuming a punctual train, transit bus from Tangier train station to Tangier Med and ferry time as per schedule. As this is my first trip, I am not sure how accurate are the time schedules in reality. Is this a doable plan or should we schedule to leave early afternoon from Marrakesh and stay overnight at Tangier to catch morning ferry?

Separately, would it be safe for ladies to ride on the overnight train and use taxi (if required) should we need to take a taxi to Tangier Med from Tangier train station given the tight schedule? I have read mixed messages in regards to women travelling in Morocco so best to anticipate ahead for safety precautions.

Grateful for any info or suggestions that will help us in finalizing this leg of our trip to Morocco and Spain.

Cheers, lgh

4 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    • Buying beads in Tangier

by Bonbonny Online Now Jul 28, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Hi there, I'm a jewellery maker staying in Spain, and was wondering if it would be worth my while travelling to Tangier to buy beads. Also are there any silversmiths in that area for silver beads?
      Many thanks

1 Answer Jul 29, 2013 at 6:29 AM
    • ferry to algeciras

by lynnejk Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 4:40 PM

i am getting the night train from Marrakech. what is best way to get tickets and catch the ferry to algeciras

6 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM
    • apartments

by rammy1 Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 5:12 AM

what is the best apartments in tangiers for partying

3 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 7:01 AM
    • Is there better day of the week to go to tangiers

by TigerMama Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Is there a better day of the week to go to Tangier? I will be traveling with two 70 year-old grandmothers and a baby. I would prefer less crowds.

• lgh's Profile Photo

Granada to Tangier

by lgh Online Now Jun 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Hi all,

Would be grateful if anyone can share travel tips/advise on how best to reach Tangier from Granada.
      Is it better to take ferry from Algeciras to Tangier Med or take a train to Malaga and continue by bus to Tarifa and then take a ferry to Tangier? We will be using a travel guide in Tangier as we hope the chance of being hassled will be minimized this way. Will it be relatively easy to get tickets on the same day for overnight train to Marrakesh from Tangier for early October? Hopefully it is not a peak season or holiday season in Morocco. Thanks before hand.

2 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    • sharonn's Profile Photo

Recommendation

by sharonn Online Now Apr 25, 2013 at 7:44 AM

I am only visiting here for a couple of days in May. Can anyone tell me a "must see" place to visit- Grateful for your response. S

15 Answers May 15, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    • passprt

by dentisto Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM

how serious they about checking the expiry date of the passport?  Mine will have four months left on it when I leave rather than the required 6 months.  dave

3 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    • Tangier - Port to train station

by Dcar1030 Online Now Jan 16, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Is there a nearby bus stop at the port( where ferries from Tarifa come in0 that will take one to the train station? Is the bus stop difficult to find without being hassled by people wanting to be one's guide?

1 Answer Sep 8, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    • sue.thomson's Profile Photo

travel from Cadiz

by sue.thomson Online Now Apr 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Greetings! We will be in Cadiz late September for a conference and want to travel from there to Tangier and then on to Fez after the conference. Can you please advise the simplest and cheapest way to get from Cadiz to Tangier, as we will then get a tour which will pick us up and take us to Fez.

5 Answers Jul 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

Tips about ferry to Tangier

by littlelawyer Online Now Mar 11, 2012 at 5:33 AM

Dear Morocco experts,

I'm getting the ferry to Tangier from Tarifa in a couple of weeks (then a train from there to Rabat).

Any tips for coping with:

- passport / customs procedures?
      - orientation on arrival in the port?
      - changing money?
      - useful French or Arabic phrases?

Thank you!
      L

7 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    • Long Term lease

by tazluvsme Online Now Oct 12, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Hello,
      Does anyone know of a place that leases for 6 months that does't charge to much? I am looking for a place close to this school: Ecole Supériure Roi Fahd de Traduction Route du Charf ,B.P 410 Tanger. If anyone knows of a apartment and or rooms please let me know.

1 Answer Oct 27, 2011 at 7:11 AM
    • Personal guide in Tangiers

by Judigraff Online Now Aug 3, 2011 at 6:28 PM

4=Four years ago a guide was recommended to me for a day tour through Tangiers. I cannot remember his name but he arranged our ferry, tour,lunch, for the entre day. I would remember his name if someone might send me their similar experience. jgraff49@wowway.com
      Your help would be appreciated.

3 Answers Oct 27, 2011 at 7:24 AM
    • Driving from Tangier to Fes

by broadway2 Online Now May 22, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Hi folks – is it feasible to pick up a rental car in the morning in Tangier and drive straight through to Fes in one day? We’re traveling in late July.

Thanks for the help!

5 Answers Jun 1, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    • Spain-Tangier ferry as a passenger, mid-June

by peter1n Online Now Apr 30, 2011 at 8:38 AM

The ferry routes over to Tangier (Tanger) from Tarifa & Algeciras seem to be well price-controlled - that's to say it's quite expensive as a foot passenger: 37 euros one way I think for the 35 minute crossing. I'm wondering if there are any bus or coach services operating from locations in southern Spain that have interesting pricing. Eurolines is the only one I found but their quoted prices are quite high too.

2 Answers May 3, 2011 at 1:58 AM
    • Tarifa to Tangiers with FRS ferry service

by tullahlula Online Now Apr 26, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Hi, has anyone done the two day excursion to Tangier from Tarifa, offered with FRS ferry services.
      How did you find it?
      Are there overnight parking facilities at the Tarifa port, we do not want to take our car across to Tangier.
      Thanks

2 Answers Apr 27, 2011 at 1:58 AM
    • i_heart_travel's Profile Photo

Getting to Marrakesh from Tangier

by i_heart_travel Online Now Jan 14, 2011 at 4:32 PM

I an trying to plan a short trip to Barcelona and Marrakesh- spending about 3 days in each city. I'm interested in the night train and am looking for information on cost, timing and if I can get a ticket online or the day I arrive at Tangier. Hoping to go in late February.

Also concerned about luggage as I like to travel with a larger hard case with wheels. I know from past international trips that's difficult. I'm traveling with my husband- might be better to take 2 smaller cases.

Any advice is appreaciated!

4 Answers Jan 17, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    • tangiers trip

by samkachmar Online Now Dec 7, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Hey guys,
      hope you can help,
      planing a trip to Tangier at the end of Dec, 29th to 9th Jan,
      if you know of any website to organize a trip staying at different locations,
      perhaps 2/3 day in each location, starting in Tangier, Fes, Agadir, or Casablanca.
      not necessarily in that order.
      most travel agents offer a trip to one destination only.
      any ideas would be appreciated.

2 Answers Dec 20, 2010 at 9:56 AM
    • hotels near to Beni Makada area

by kgldsun Online Now Nov 25, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Is anybody able to tell me of any nice hotels not too far away from the Beni Makada area of Tangiers, or indeed details of its whereabouts in relation to the port/airport. many Thanks

• GOING TO TANGIER FOR 1 NIGHT.

by APOLLACK Online Now Oct 23, 2010 at 11:22 PM

MY HUSBAND AND I AND 2 KIDS AGES 18 AND 22 WILL BE TRAVELING FROM MARBELLA TO TANGIER. WE HAVE 2 DAYS AND 1 NIGHT. WHERE SHOULD WE STAY? SHOULD WE GO THROUGH A TRAVEL COMPANY OR DO IT ON OUR OWN. IS TANGIER THE ONLY PLACE WE WILL HAVE TIME TO SEE OR SHOULD WE ADD ANYWHERE ELSE CLOSE BY?
      WE NEED ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE FOR US.
      THANKS SO MUCH,
      AP

6 Answers Oct 24, 2010 at 1:51 PM
    • Tangier walking tours

by 1132 Online Now Aug 11, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Hi, I have just read a report by Barbski dated in 2008 about using a 'walking tour' when in Tangier. Does anyone know where and how to find one of these tours when we leave the ferry from Spain. I think we would much prefer to join a few other people for a couple of hours checking out the medina etc. rather than go by ourselves with a guide...many reports seem say this can often lead to just being taken to carpet shops etc for the hard sell.

1 Answer Sep 11, 2010 at 8:14 PM
    • Tangier For the Day

by NinaSoria Online Now Aug 10, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Can you please share who you booked your day trip to Tangier through. We are going in February, and need some information.
      Thank you

5 Answers Dec 7, 2010 at 12:49 PM
    • jalalm6's Profile Photo

WHICH IS BEST WAY TO GET A FERRY FROM SPAIN TO TANGER

by jalalm6 Online Now Jul 29, 2010 at 2:41 AM

Hello everybody, im hoping to get a ferry from either gibraltar or algeciras or tarifa to tanger or tanger med, on the 4th of november this year, i looked online at frs, balearia, cemar, comanav, acciona and none of them has got anything schedualed for november, the faraest timetable they got is in september and it's more than 140€ one way. Can anybody please advice me the best way to buy the cheapest ticket? online or in the port at the desk? what would be the prices in the biggening of novemeber 2010? im going with my wife and we taking our little car.

6 Answers Aug 31, 2010 at 3:32 PM
    • How to get to Tangier, Morocco from Seville or Rock of Gibraltar

by TOPSHELFPUBCRAWLER Online Now Jul 2, 2010 at 6:46 AM

My Mom and Dad will be in Spain in September and would like to visit Tangier while they are there. They will be based in Seville as well as visiting The Rock of Gibraltar. They do not want to fly to Tangier. Any other options? What is the easiest / best way to get there? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

14 Answers Dec 7, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    • mnikol's Profile Photo

Hotel wher Matisse lived

by mnikol Online Now May 31, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Hi,

Does someone know the name of hotel which windows look at casbah. The painter Matisse, where he lived in Tangier? In which hotel? Also, Jack Kerouak, and others?

thanks!

18 Answers Apr 26, 2013 at 6:44 AM