Tangier Travel Answers

change location

Guide recommendations

by SimonBrad Online Now Apr 6, 2006 at 6:00 AM

Hi All

We are planning on visiting Tangiers for a day whilst in Spain this summer. As we have two young children we want to keep hassle to a minimum so have concluded we would be better off having an accompanying guide. Is anyyone able to recommend a reputable guide taht we can get in touch with and book via email for a day's tour.

We are travelling independently so will not be able to book a tour through a holiday company.

Thanks for any help
Simon

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • wamah's Profile Photo

RE: Guide recommendations

by wamah Online Now Apr 6, 2006 at 2:52 PM

I did the same last December with my family; went from Tarifa - Spain to Tangier - Morocco for one night. First beware of the impact of the weather on the ferries! Our following day speedy ferry was cancelled due to bad sea conditions and I had to run around all the ferry companies in Tangier to find an alternative. At the end, I was able to buy new tickets and travel to Algacirac instead of Tarifa and found a coach to Tarifa because we had to collect our parked car! The sea was really bad and the whole thing was all over the Spanish TV the following day. So, ensure the weather forcast is good.

Instead of hiring a guide, I hired a taxi for the day and agreed with him to take me to all the tourist places. Stop, let us have a bit of time to see and so on. I paid 350 Derhams for the day, around £35 and saw everything there is to see in tangier and around. Just like having your own shauffeured car. The taxi was a Mercedes, not the latest model but was comfortable enough. You pay a bit extra for Mercedes cabs than others. Good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Tangier