Tangier Travel Answers

change location

Where is more nicer to stay overnight - Tangier or Fez? & train journey time btwn is?

by browneyegirls Online Now Feb 26, 2006 at 2:10 PM

Can anyone tell me how long a train takes from fez to tangier? are they frequent?

I will be in fez for a day and i am not sure whether to stay overnight there, or in tangier. Where is nice to stay - fez or tangier?

i will then travel on ferry to algecrias ( 2hrs), then take a 4 hr trin journey to malaga. i want to get to malaga at a reasonable hr

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • midnight_mike's Profile Photo

RE: Where is more nicer to stay overnight - Tangier or Fez? & train journey time btwn is?

by midnight_mike Online Now Feb 26, 2006 at 2:50 PM

Fez to Tangier takes six hours, with one change of trains. Yes, they run frequently. Fez is much nicer than Tangier, but you might just want to take an afternoon train from Fez and arrive in Tangier at night, stay the night in Tangier and then get on the first ferry the next morning.

If you do stay in Tangier, try the Hotel Continental. It used to be a palace but has not been updated for many years. But many of the rooms have a view of the sea, it cost about 35 Euro per night and is a five minute walk from the ferry terminal. If you do arrive in Tangier take a taxi to your hotel. It will cost about 6 Euro. Walking in the morning in Tangier is no problem. All the money vultures do not arrive until 10 or 11 a.m.

Also, you might be better off taking a ferry to Tarifa (35 minutes). You can then take a bus to Algeciras or get a bus somewhere else closer to Malaga. There might even be direct buses from Tarifa to Malaga. I don't know. But the downside to Tarifa is that no trains go there. Algeciras is a dump of a city.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Tangier