Tangier Travel Answers

change location

Rent a car in Tanger, Fes or Meknes?

by gatisp Online Now Feb 10, 2006 at 10:07 AM

Hi!

I plan to arrive in Tanger and travel around some 10-12 days by car. I also depart from Tanger. From financial point of view, is it more feasible to rent a car (the cheapest possible) in Tanger or to go to Fes (or Meknes) by bus or train and look for a car there?
Could anyone please share some practical info on rental prices in Tanger, in Fes and in Meknes and on the places where thos prices were found.

Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • chanito's Profile Photo

RE: Rent a car in Tanger, Fes or Meknes?

by chanito Online Now Feb 11, 2006 at 2:43 AM

Not so much for the price, but depending on what you want to do, it may just make more sense to rent the car in either Meknes or Fes, and use the good public transport from Tangier to get you to/from there. IF you want a car for beaches and what not, then I guess Tangier as a rental pick up makes more sense. For the Fes/Meknes area, with a car you can visit Volubilis, Moulay Idriss, Sefrou, Ifrane, Azrou and the forests with Barbary monkeys, the Gouffre de Friouato near Taza, etc.

Be wary of "cheapest possible" rental companies which may not provide the services of companies such as Avis or Budget, particularly if the car breaks down. I've always rented from Budget in Fes without any problems, a rental there will cost roughly 45 euros per day. Prices within the company shouldn't vary so much from location to location

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Tangier