Travel Answers
Tangalla

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Masha_M's Profile Photo

Is the sea shallow enough for a 2 year old (going in Feb.)?

by Masha_M Online Now Oct 17, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Hi there, what would be the best beach to stay on with a two year old in Februray? We're "old backpackers" and prefer to avoid package tour masses and resort type of places. We'll also be travelling on a budget seeking some relaxed vibe and yoga classes if possible. Thanks for all your answers.

1 Answer Oct 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM
    • LostinParadiseTR's Profile Photo

Safe swimming in Tangalla area

by LostinParadiseTR Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 5:09 AM

I've seen a few comments on this website that the sea has dangerous currents near Tangalla. I'd love to stay in that area, as there seem to be more sights to see nearby, but definitely want to spend several days swimming and relaxing too. My guidebook lists the Palm Paradise Cabanas as having 'safe swimming nearby' and the Mangrove Garden as having 'safe swimming in a natural rock pool', also the Lagoon Paradise Resort as being on a lagoon (which I assume means safe swimming but I could be wrong). Has anyone stayed in any of these places? Or anywhere else in Tangalla with safe swimming? I'm not a strong person ...but I love swimming.

7 Answers Feb 10, 2010 at 6:37 AM
    • Turtles

by yrag1960 Online Now Jun 15, 2008 at 5:02 PM

I am travelling to Tangalle in August and wondered if any of the turtles will be around at that time of year.
      I am aware of the 'sanctuaries' but would love to see them naturally if we can.

3 Answers Jul 17, 2008 at 2:52 AM