Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• gulnese's Profile Photo

Transportation and price details

Helsinki Jun 25, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Hi,
      I would be in Helsinki for 1 day and it is my second visit.I would like to go to Suomenlinna and Porvoo.
      How can I go,how long does it take to go and what it nearly costs?
      As I willhave limited time all your advice will be great help to me while maiking programme.
      Thanks and regards

more
    • About tampere airport!

by sophiegee Online Now Mar 8, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Hello I have a plan to travel in May. Is there anyone who know whether there is a coin locker or somewhere that I can keep my luggages? Also, I want to the way from Tampere airport to Helsinki airport. Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 4:51 PM
    • tampere airport terminal 2 to helsinki centre easiest route

by johnjohnjohnjohn Online Now Feb 20, 2014 at 8:34 AM

in July 2014 3 people going from airport terminal 2 tampere to helsinki center.easiest route?

3 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 11:59 PM
    • Knowing Tampere and getting friends

by Lonelymanintampere Online Now Nov 25, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Hello everyone,

I am an international student (31 yrs old) in the grad school, moving to Tampere just two months ago. How could i start to getting to know Tampere (the night life and popular destinations) in the "coolest" way? And perhaps meeting new people? Any updated information?

Mr. Lonely man from Tampere (lonlelymanintampere@gmail.com).

Thank you.

11 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    • Tampere first visit

by PratibhaAshok Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 12:28 AM

I am visiting Tampere alone in November, just wanted to make a check list what all i should essentially carry

5 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 1:49 AM
    • italian food shops

by winterreise Online Now Jul 22, 2013 at 9:27 AM

hallo everybody,
      someone can tell me if I can find original italian foods and beverages in Tampere?
      I do not mean restaurants, I mean shops selling italian products (like italian pasta and italian olive oil and so on)
      Thanks

10 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 8:58 AM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

city or travel card?

by mindcrime Online Now May 30, 2013 at 6:44 AM

we'll have 48h in Tampere arriving there by train at 11.00am (wednesday) and leaving at 9.00am (friday).
      We'll be staying 2km west of the train station.

1.Does it make any sense to have a card for the buses (10e for 48h) or we can just walk around these 2 days?
      2.what about the city card? it costs 31e for 48h but what attraction does it include?

for the moment the only attractions I have on my list is Lenin Museo and some central churches. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

10 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

Expressbus to Turku

by mindcrime Online Now Apr 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I want to book with Expressbus from Tampere to Turku on friday 14 of june as they seem to run more frequent than train and they are cheaper (although I have to wait for the june offers).
      do they depart from a specific place in Tampere?
      Do they use a regular bus station in the city or some weird spot off the centre as many low cost companies that is hard to be reached by a tourist?

30 Answers Apr 19, 2013 at 5:53 AM
    • Cheap way to see my girl

by SweFin Online Now Aug 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Hi all,

I am living in Gothenburg Sweden. My girlfriend has been admitted in University of Tampere this year. After trying out Finnair 2 times we realize that it costs us a lot, since we see each other every 2 weeks or so :(
      Do you know what is the cheapest and fastest way to travel between Gothenburg/Tampere ?

3 Answers Mar 22, 2013 at 3:09 AM
    • LuisP16's Profile Photo

Weekend in Tampere.

by LuisP16 Online Now Aug 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM

hi there- I'm planning to go for a weekend in September, at night there is not much of a plan, just go out have some beers etc etc. but what to do during the day, any suggestions??. I'm traveling solo, is there any places to hang out and meet tourist or friendly locals?? Thank you in advance..

24 Answers Sep 2, 2012 at 6:14 AM
    • show me downtown

by glasvollnutella Online Now Jul 31, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Hello,

Im Marc from Germany, and will stay here downtown until mid of August for buiseness. Would like to meet you ( to get other faces )and show me Tampere. Perhapes a trip to Helsinki on weekend.

• pw.poo's Profile Photo

Any self-service laundry available in Tampere?

by pw.poo Online Now Jun 17, 2012 at 8:17 PM

we may stop at Tampere 4 days after our 12 days travel, and shall continue our journey for another 10 days. We are looking for any Coin-Operated Laundry or self-service laundry in Tampere. Kindly advice and thank you!

6 Answers Jul 30, 2012 at 4:36 AM
    • Tampere 15-17.4

by CookieMonster_88 Online Now Apr 11, 2012 at 4:16 AM

Hi All! I will be in Tampere in the above dates 15th till 17th then I will be going down to Helsinki.
      I was just wondering what I could do, as I will be travelling alone and I have never been there before. I have free all Sunday afternoon, then will be working most mornings but will have every afternoon free and I need to know what I can do with myself!

Thanks for your help in advance!!

1 Answer May 26, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    • New and looking for some friends

by karloshi Online Now Sep 5, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Hi all,

I'm quite new to Tampere and looking to make a few friends. I am English, male, 32 teaching here. If anyone is interested in meeting up for a drink please contact me.

Cheers,

Karl.

1 Answer Dec 1, 2011 at 8:14 AM
    • Bus route from Railway to airport

by qaiumshah Online Now Apr 1, 2011 at 1:45 PM

hi,
      I am a student,I have a flight from Tampere Airport on monday but there is holiday on monday, I will reach tampere railway station at 8:47 and my flight is at 10. so can any one refer me a fast means of bus transportation? and does this bus no. 61 runs in its monday schedule as given in this site:?

paunu.fi/pdf/TMP%20airport%2...

I am new in finland so can anybody help me....

1 Answer Apr 1, 2011 at 11:44 PM
    • Spy Museum

by mesimarja Online Now Feb 21, 2011 at 3:34 AM

Hi,

together with my husband we will spend 1,5 days in Tampere in July. Since the time is very limited and we want to spend a lot of it in Sarkanniemi, could you please advise whether Spy Museum is worth a visit? What alternative we'll have on Monday? Seems everything is closed. We'll go to Sarkanniemi and Amuri museum on Sunday.
      Thanks a lot!

3 Answers Feb 23, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    • public bus from airport

by moominlover Online Now Feb 14, 2011 at 12:45 PM

I will stay in Tampere for a couple of weeks and thus will purchase a monthly bus pass. Is it possible to travel to and from Tampere airport with the monthly bus pass or do I need to pay a separate fee for the airport bus?

2 Answers Feb 23, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    • Auggie Ruiz Tuazon

by Tuazon Online Now Oct 20, 2010 at 6:20 AM

Can you please give me the bus fare and schedules from Helsinki international airport to Tampere?

1 Answer Nov 9, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    • Tampere on a Sunday

by sayon85 Online Now Jul 6, 2010 at 11:47 AM

I plan to be in Tampere on Sunday July 11. I will check the area around the university because I might go study there in a year as an exchange student. I realize there won't be much activity around the university on a Sunday but how about other activities on a Sunday in Tampere? Will small stores in downtown be open? How about the department stores? How about museums?

3 Answers Jul 19, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    • from Turku ferry terminal to Tampere

by sayon85 Online Now Jul 6, 2010 at 11:44 AM

I am planning to go from the Turku ferry terminal on July 10th to Tampere (arriving with Viking Line from Stockholm at 19.50 in the evening) and then back again to Turku on July 12th early morning. Does anyone have any advice for how to book trains for these trips, which website to go through etc.

5 Answers Jul 8, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    • manuna's Profile Photo

Museums

by manuna Online Now Jun 22, 2010 at 1:33 AM

I'm trying to plan in details my visit to this city, and I want to calculate my further connections. I'm interested in 3 museums: Spy Museum, Ice Hockey Museum and Shoe Museum in Tampere. How big are those museums? Approximately, how much time should I devote to each of them? Is it possible to walk from Vapriikki to Spy Museum? How long will it take? Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Jul 7, 2010 at 3:01 AM
    • manuna's Profile Photo

Museums

by manuna Online Now Jun 18, 2010 at 2:00 AM

I'm trying to plan in details my visit to this city, and I want to calculate my further connections. I'm interested in 3 museums: Spy Museum, Ice Hockey Museum and Shoe Museum in Tampere. How big are those museums? Approximately, how much time should I devote to each of them? Is it possible to walk from Vapriikki to Spy Museum? How long will it take? Thanks in advance.

• mirlox's Profile Photo

Crazy night in Tampere

by mirlox Online Now Nov 3, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Hi!I am travelling to Riga with some friends this week but on our trip back to Lappeenranta where we are studying we have the problem that the timetable of the plane doesn´t fit the ones of the train so we have to spend one night in Tampere,but the first train leaves at 05:48 and in Saturday night so we´ve decided to go clubbing and then directly to th train back home!
      My questions are...
      How do you see it?Is there lockers on the railway station?Is it open the whole night?
      Thanks for your info,It´s for the night of 7th of November,I know I should have written before,but if you could help me it will be great!

3 Answers Jul 12, 2010 at 3:24 PM
    • Afterwork party?

by PackElend Online Now Sep 22, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Hi VT's
      I'm staying in Tampere for some business at the moment. Yesterday walked around and try to find a bar\club with kind of AfterWork Party but haven't found anything. So do you know any place?

thy

stefan

6 Answers Dec 4, 2009 at 1:37 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Hostel Uimahallin Maja

by Drugness Online Now Mar 28, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Hello all
      I'm doing some research on this hostel but there is very little to be found about it online. Their website appears to be down.
      Can someone confirm for me that this hostel is open all year round?
      Actually, if anyone knows a hostel in Tampere that is cheaper than this hostel than i would be happy to hear about it! :)
      Thanks everyone
      DG

7 Answers Apr 5, 2010 at 3:22 AM
    • tampere to himos holiday centre

by kiptic Online Now Jan 27, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Hi Guys i am coming to tampere with my family 2 kids aged 4 and 10 its a late arrivel after 10pm on a Sunday so how much would it cost for a taxi to Himos holiday centre ,or does anyone know of a bus service to Himos that late at night. any other info or help i would be gratfull...many thanks steve barcla63@hotmail.com

2 Answers Mar 20, 2009 at 4:47 AM
    • irish147's Profile Photo

Tampere- Ryanair bus to City via Train station

by irish147 Online Now Jan 4, 2009 at 6:46 AM

hello, I'm in Tampere on Wednesday, and I'm going to take the bus (Tokee) from the airport on the Ryanair flight.

1) is the Train station in the city?

2) is the bus station far from train station?

Thanks

8 Answers Apr 5, 2010 at 1:54 AM
    • Tampere in November 2008

by roger.x Online Now Nov 18, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Me and my wife will be in Tampere from Nov. 21-23. I Want to know what clothes to wear for the cold. Let me know what to visit in the city of Tampere, and in which local Rock music is played

1 Answer Nov 18, 2008 at 1:32 PM
    • peppermintpat's Profile Photo

Tips for Tampere and the Bus from Tampere to the coast/Reposaari needed!

by peppermintpat Online Now Apr 23, 2008 at 1:26 AM

Hei, I will be in Tampere in July (18.-25.-7.) and would like to know if there's anything special going on there? Or a "secret" tip what to discover?
      And I am planning to go to the coast (Reposaari) for one or two days, so please could anybody tell me, how much is the train or bus and how long does it take? Is there any cheap hostel? 10000 questions, I hope I'll get some answers!
      Thanks a lot and have a nice day,
      Pat

1 Answer Apr 28, 2008 at 9:38 AM
    • Tampere Accommodation

by SaniPanda Online Now Feb 13, 2008 at 4:44 PM

Hi all,

I'm a student so, 50 euros per night is going to look costly. This seems to be the price that Omenahotelli is charging. Last year in 2007 I managed to find a place via the Tampere tourist booklet for 25 euros unfortunately it seems that particular hotel has decided to go somewhere else and is now charging three times the amount!

Would anyone be kind enough to provide me the Category D accommodations in Tampere tourist or know any place that doesn't cost as much? It all seems like hidden hotels....

Thanks

2 Answers Aug 28, 2008 at 2:38 PM
    • Airport hotels

by cazzie22 Online Now Oct 10, 2007 at 2:12 AM

Hi I am traveling to Tampere in Mid Novemeber. My flight gets in quite late in the evening and I was wondering if anyone knows about a fairly basic hotel close by to the airport? I am a bit of an in-experienced traveler and traveing on my own so i am a bit worried about check in time with hotels etc...

5 Answers Aug 28, 2008 at 2:19 PM