change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• susannee1979's Profile Photo

Advice from locals

by susannee1979 Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Hi all. I may be planning a family vacation to Tampa in early October. I would like input from locals on must see/do/eat. Free or affordable is best, as we have 4 kids. :) We are going to do Busch Gardens for sure.

Thanks!
      Susanne

more
    • susannee1979's Profile Photo

Advice from locals

by susannee1979 Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Hi all. I may be planning a family vacation to Tampa in early October. I would like input from locals on must see/do/eat. Free or affordable is best, as we have 4 kids. :) We are going to do Busch Gardens for sure.

Thanks!
      Susanne

9 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 10:31 AM
    • Where is the $3 coupon for Dali?

by JanisD Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Can't seem to find it.
      Thanks
      Janis
      janis@chuckbeckett.com

3 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 8:33 AM
    • accomodation

by suzanne2020 Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 4:22 AM

i want a hotel, small house or condo with a kitchen and be able to walk to Bayshore Blvd

6 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 11:08 PM
    • eiskje's Profile Photo

Any advice on the different car rental companies?

by eiskje Online Now Dec 22, 2013 at 5:58 AM

I am researching rates for a rentalcar in Tampa, but am also interested in costumers experience. Can't find anything good on the net.
      So have you rented a car at Tampa Airport and what was your experience? What company would you recommend?
      Thanks, Eiskje

6 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    • Best time to visit Buschgardens in Tampa?

by Lukadosa Online Now Dec 11, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I'm planning to visit Tampa with my family, and we want to go to Buschgardens for a day. Which is the best day to visit BG on weekdays or weekend, near December 30, 2013?

3 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    • Cost of toll

by Hotamele77 Online Now Nov 14, 2013 at 4:29 AM

What is the cost of the toll to go over the Courtney Campbell Causeway?

4 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM
    • transportation to Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown

by markjulia Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 3:02 PM

what is the cheapest and easiest transportation option for 3 adults & 3 kids from the Airport on a Friday around 1pm

4 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    • Need help planning a Senior Motor Coach Trip

by Prettydamnmean Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I am planning a Motor Coach trip to the Tampa/St. Pete Area for a group of about 25 Seniors. We plan to stay at the Airport Hampton Inn and would like to know if their is a service to plan our trip. We know that we want to visit the Dali Museum and Cracker Town. Also on our trip home we plan to Lunch and tour Tarpon Springs. The dates are Nov. 4 - 7 arriving at around noon on the 4th. I need an immediate response.

4 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    • Weekend vacation

by RobertaMH Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Looking to book a weekend getaway, preferably on the beach for a group of college students under 21 years old. Any suggestions? This is for the weekend of October 18th.

4 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    • RajanP's Profile Photo

Rented accommodation in Tampa FL

by RajanP Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 10:56 PM

looking for rented accommodation for couple for 6/7 months In Tampa from where Princewatercoopers in north west Tampa should be within reach by Public Transport ? VT friend's help will be appreciated !

2 Answers Nov 9, 2013 at 2:35 AM
    • Anniversary planning..

by dawn16 Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I will be traveling to Tampa in December for a weekend getaway for my anniversary. I am having trouble finding something to do at night that is not a dance club. Maybe a comedy club??? Also is Ybor City worth visiting?

8 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    • transportation

by boboso45 Online Now Apr 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM

IM GOING FROM SIRATA BEACH RESORT IN ST PETE TO BUSCH GARDEN NO RENTAL CAR WHATS THE BEST TRANSPORT TO USE

4 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    • Busch Gardens

by KattyKatKat Online Now Apr 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Do any of the buses, trolleys, or streetcars go anywhere near Busch Gardens? Do we have to rent a car or are there any tour packages we can get for one day excursion after our cruise returns?

6 Answers Apr 12, 2013 at 7:04 AM
    • "Hidden must see places" around the area

by tayl0rx4 Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM

In a few weeks I will be flying into Tampa and staying at my grandparents house which is about 20 minutes north of Clearwater. I'm looking for some must see, like spectacular things/places to see around the area. Like amazing views and nature things, and hidden beaches that are beautiful that many not many people know about. I'm not into going to Busch Gardens or the Aquarium, I'd rather like go on a nature hike to a great view of the gulf. Anyone know of some great places/views to go to around this area. Sorry if this is confusing or bad wording- just trying to get my point across :)

8 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 8:58 PM
    • Saltwater fishing

by bungienuts Online Now Mar 28, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Just got to Tampa. Not much for the tourist traps. Came to enjoy R&R and being outside. I have not done very much saltwater fish but hear Tampa Bay is renowned for sport fishing. I was reading this little Kindle book "Florida Saltwater Fishing Beginner Guide" and now wanted to try some fishing this weekend. Tampa is known for Tarpon. Wondering if they are here year round or if they are seasonal visitors. I know what areas and tides I want and would love to try for a Tarpon. WOOOOHooooo !

2 Answers Apr 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    • Bachelorette in St Pete / Tampa

by jbuch Online Now Feb 18, 2012 at 5:50 AM

We are 10 girls spending the weekend at St. Pete in late April. I was thinking of Friday night at a beach bar in St. Pete (hurricane maybe?) and then Saturday night head to Tampa for the nightlife. We'd like to do good drinks and definitely some dancing (but not at an 18 over place). PLEASE does anyone have any recommendations??

1 Answer Feb 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM
    • quick and easy and cheap transportation to destin from tampa

by st.thomastheresa Online Now Feb 9, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Hello! I need to go from Tampa to Destin. Flights are waaay too expensive. Any other ideas? Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    • Downtown Tampa

by maciesmom86 Online Now Dec 26, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Hey, Planning a trip soon to the area. Is there much shopping in Downtown Tampa and how safe is the area?

5 Answers Jan 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    • fta satellite receiver

by tomcar Online Now Nov 25, 2011 at 5:05 PM

i am stayin at doubletree hotel tampa. 4500 west cypress street. is there a store i can purchase a satellite receiver from that is close to doubletree hotel tampa

3 Answers Nov 26, 2011 at 11:47 AM
    • In n' Out

by nino224 Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 7:12 AM

Hi!
      Taking a daytrip to Tampa from Orlando. Looking for cheap eats, and what to do with a 5 y.o. who gets bored easily. I'm guessing a visit to the seaquarium is on the list. Thanks!

5 Answers Sep 2, 2011 at 3:40 PM
    • chuying's Profile Photo

Possible Romantic Tampa & area?

by chuying Online Now Apr 12, 2011 at 6:16 AM

Hi,
      Any suggestions on itinerary for 4 romantic days in Tampa/sarasota area on Easter weekend?
      We are thinking to go Botanical Garden, nice beachside restaurant, relax on quiet beach and perhaps visit any fish or farmers market in the area? We are from Toronto and have a rental car and we don't mind driving around.
      Any advices would be helpful! thanks!
      Ann

6 Answers Jul 13, 2011 at 3:23 AM
    • Parking /Cruise

by emirfi Online Now Mar 14, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I going on a cruise from Tampa and need advise on where to park my car (I am from different state).... Does anyone know where I can park the car for cheap and safe while I am on cruise?

1 Answer Mar 22, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    • Moving from the UK

by boonies Online Now Nov 15, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Hi
      We are in the process of moving to Tampa from the UK, Husband has a new job there so we are relocating, We have three children ages 7,4,19m. I would love any advice from areas to consider living and any general advice anyone can give us especially if you have moved from the uk,
      Thank you.

2 Answers Nov 16, 2010 at 7:41 PM
    • Best things to do with guests from NC??

by kelsey8486 Online Now Sep 10, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Hello-

My boyfriend and I have friends coming down from North Carolina and we want to take them out Friday night. We just can't figure out the best place to go, and we don't want to get too out of control because we already have plans for Saturday that include tons of dancing and other excitement!

Details:
      1) One person is under 21 (She's 20)
      2) We want to have fun...obviously lol
      3) A few drinks (for the 21 & up)
      4) Music (but still be able to hear each other speak without screaming)
      5) And not packed into a club where we can barely move.

First thoughts:
      - Ybor- but we don't really want to go to a club, too loud and crowded.
      - New World Brewery in Ybor- Amazing place with a great atmosphere, but under 21 friend can't get in...
      - Channelside- I know all of the clubs, and Splitsville is 21 & up, but is everything??? Could we just sit in the courtyard area, are there still places to get drinks?

Any idea's would be helpful, or if you have any more information on Channelside please let me know! Thanks in advance!!

2 Answers Feb 18, 2012 at 5:42 AM
    • Hotel with both PIE & TPA airport shuttle

by dulcevida2 Online Now May 25, 2010 at 1:32 AM

I am flying into PIE late 11pm and leaving next morning at 7 am out of TPA.I am hoping to find a hotel that provides a shuttle to both airports if not, what is the most econ. way to get to tampa from PIE.? Is there a city bus that runs from airport to airport? Last time I was there it cost40 for a cab ride across the bridge!!! What a rip!!!I would appreciate any help my flight is coming up in a couple days and I am tied of calling like a zillion hotels and asking, they all act like PIE is in BFE. Thanks

• Safe Neighborhoods/Hotels

by scaricoup Online Now Mar 23, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Can anyone tell me if the neighborhood around the Best Western on S. Dale Mabry is a good place or can you recommend another hotel in a safe part of Tampa? Thanks!

2 Answers May 11, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    • mietka's Profile Photo

Plan to travel from Tampa to New Port Ritchey and othe locations

by mietka Online Now Feb 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM

This is my first trip to Tampa and to Florida;travelling from Calgary, Alberta. I will be travelling by myself in March, 2010. Please advice about the best way to travel (rent a car or is there other way of travelling? If renting the car should I rent from Canada?. The best rental car?. thanks. mietka

2 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 3:36 AM
    • Directions

by OlgaMacPherson Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Please give me driving directions to the International Plaza driving from St. Petersburg. Thank you.

1 Answer Jan 23, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    • star8's Profile Photo

Transportation from Tampa Airport to the port

by star8 Online Now Jan 4, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Any thoughts on the cheapest way to get from Tampa Airport to Port of Tampa? Thanks

3 Answers Jan 4, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    • Restaurant in Ybor for Bachelor Party? Help!!

by mdbrinson Online Now Sep 19, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Going to be in Tampa for friends Wedding and Im planning the bachelor party. We will be staying and partying in Ybor City so I wanted to find a good restaurant to accommidate about 10-15 people. Columbia Restaurant looks good but I dont want to ask these group of men to pay those kind of prices. Im looking for more middle ground but still civilized, at least for dinner. I looked at the Spaghetti Warehouse, that ones a maybe and the Green Iguana might be the other extreme. Im looking for atmosphere and originality with affordable prices. I want to make my best friends bachelor party one to remember. Any Suggestions??? Thanks.

1 Answer Sep 20, 2009 at 2:20 PM