Tampa Travel Answers

change location

Parking /Cruise

by emirfi Online Now Mar 14, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I going on a cruise from Tampa and need advise on where to park my car (I am from different state).... Does anyone know where I can park the car for cheap and safe while I am on cruise?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Re: Parking /Cruise

by Ewingjr98 Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 8:13 PM

You have a few options depending on how much you want to spend on parking and/or a taxi from an inexpensive, safe lot to the cruise terminal.

As you likely know, cruise shops dock at Channelside, a nice commercial and residential district in downtown Tampa. There is a parking garage right across the street for12 a day.

Parking in city lots goes as low as about10 a day, but the lots are a bit farther from the cruise terminal. I'd call the city parking authority to be sure you are allowed to park overnight and to verify the rates. tampagov.net/dept_parking/in...

If you don't mind taking a15 or20 cab ride, there are lots of inexpensive long-term parking options near the airport. They also offer 24 hour security, pay on line and other features for as low as6 or7 a day. Try parkrideflyusa.com/partner/i...

Finally, if you are spending the night in Tampa before your departure, check for hotels that offer free parking. Many hotels will let you keep your car in their lot for one or two weeks if you pay for a room for a single night. This website has some options for hotels with free parking, and I'm sure there are other hotels: https://secure.stay123.com/index.php

You last and cheapest option might be to offer me about5 a day, and you can leave the car in my driveway. I might even drive you to the cruise terminal.

Hope this helps!

Joe

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines