Tambacounda Travel Answers

change location
faneka's Profile Photo

Travel Information

by faneka Online Now Dec 27, 2004 at 7:52 AM

As you should now, the Barcelona - Dakar will be staying in Tambacounda in the 15th of January. I will be traveling along an would like to now the adress and phone number of the local hospital, in case of needing. Thank you.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Travel Information

by d.r.l. Online Now Dec 27, 2004 at 10:50 AM

Hi, VT doesn't get a lot of replies on this page. So for a more interactive forum, try www.au-senegal.com some of it is in French, but if you need to, just post your question in English, and see. I think English speakers usually get replies quickly. Another good site to learn some of the language of the locals is www.wolofonline.com They offer FREE lessons in Wolof with audio pronunciation guides. I didn't see your profile, so I don't know your native language, but another tip is to brush up on your French if you don't already speak it comfortably. Many educated locals speak French fluently. Good luck. Let me know if you have any other questions. I know a little bit that I can share. If you do go to that forum, let them know you are from VT, and maybe some of them will start to answer questions for us on this forum.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • faneka's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Travel Information

by faneka Online Now Dec 28, 2004 at 4:27 AM

Thank you for your reply. I will follow your tips! I´m from Portugal, so I speak a bit´of english, a little bit of frenchs and a lot of sapnish!! but writting it is different. Sorry for my bad writting! Have a wonderful new year!

• Re: Re: Travel Information

by d.r.l. Online Now Dec 28, 2004 at 7:34 PM

I hope you have a great time and a very happy new year. Sorry I don't speak Spanish. To get in the mood for your trip check out these Senegalese Artists on Amazon or whatever... Wasis Diop Youssou N'Dour Cheikh Lo Ismael Lo They have incredible music! Also if you get the chance they have the best fish and rice dish... I forget how to spell it but it's pronounced "Cheb u gen". Glad I could help. Let me know after your trip how you enjoyed it!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines