Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• rid_gines's Profile Photo

Room in Nosara

Nosara Apr 2, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Hey All!

I will be volunteering at a school in Nosara from September til mid November and am looking for a place to stay. I like having people around. A shared apartment or anything like that would be great. Any ideas on how to find one?

more
    • public bus

by luckylimey1 Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 11:52 AM

How do I get from Tamarindo to Playa Brasilito by public bus

3 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 7:24 PM
    • night life

by pascalevalcourt Online Now Aug 19, 2011 at 10:19 PM

FRANCAIS : J'adore danser les danses latines comme la salsa,la bachata,meringue. Est ce qu'il y a des endroits pour ca a Tamarindo ?
      ANGLAIS :I'm crazy for dancing latino dance like salsa, bachata, meringue. There is some places where i can go for this in Tamarindo ?
      ESPANOL : Me encanta mucho bailar salsa, bachata, meringue. Hay algunos lugares donde puedo salir en Tamarindo ?

1 Answer Sep 19, 2011 at 2:43 PM
    • Staying in Tamarindo?

by Speerfishin Online Now Apr 11, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Hello, my boyfriend and I are flying into Liberia from Houston, and staying in Tamarindo at the end of June. We are wondering if it's easier to fly into San Jose or Liberia before we book in the next couple of days.? Also Tamarindo is known for surf and I wondered where is the best places to stay if we didn't get a hotel. I figured hotels are the way to go since they can get us a bus or shuttle to pick us up from airport. Ive heard it's a 3-5 hours drive from San Jose but almost the same from Liberia because of the roads. Can someone please give us some advice. We just wanna nice place to stay with surf and other outdoor extremities:)
      I greatly appreciate it!

4 Answers Sep 4, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    • Derek881's Profile Photo

Weather in Tamarindo in September and October?

by Derek881 Online Now May 5, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has been in Tamarindo in September - December and can give me some advice on those months. I have been planning to stay there in September and October, but have been warned that the rain will be relentless and that November and December would be much better if possible.

If anyone has been there for an extended amount of time in September or October, please let me know how it was, particularly, how frequent the rain was.

Thanks, Derek

1 Answer Jun 22, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    • Derek881's Profile Photo

Help Renting an Apartment in Tamarindo

by Derek881 Online Now Apr 15, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Hi, my girlfriend and I will be living in Tamarindo for the months of September and October of 2010, and we are trying to find an apartment for those two months. We don't want to pay a lot of money or stay in a fancy resort, a small apartment with reliable Internet service, and hopefully a decent location do fine. I have some leads through craigslist, but they are few.

Does anyone have any recommendations about the best way to find/rent an apartment by the month in Tamarindo? Any leads, contacts, ideas, or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2 Answers May 7, 2010 at 9:57 PM
    • MUD Baths

by bjnowa Online Now Sep 13, 2009 at 10:43 AM

How far are the "MUD" Baths, hot springs from Tamarindo and also would there be a tour from Tamarindo?

• tours

by bjnowa Online Now Sep 13, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Where would be a good place to start looking for tours from Tamarindo. We do not plan on renting a vehicle

• SHOPPING

by bjnowa Online Now Sep 13, 2009 at 10:24 AM

What kind of shopping will I find in Tamarindo. Heard it is growing quite rapidly

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo

Accomodations that is NOT a resort

by hotsauce28 Online Now Sep 9, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I'll be in Tamarindo in December and need to be near some family members that have already booked their stay at the Cala Luna. Are there any reasonable B&Bs, canbanas or even camp sites in the area close by? I really would like to avoid paying200.00 per night.
      Thanks!

6 Answers Oct 14, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    • Internet - What can I expect in Tamarindo?

by bsurfing Online Now May 5, 2008 at 7:08 PM

I am thinking of moving to Tamarindo in 2009 for at least 6 months and my work require broadband/HS internet. Does anyone know what is the best internet connection available in Tamarindo? Cheers. Bruno

1 Answer May 7, 2008 at 8:30 AM
    • Tours in Tamarindo?

by smokinbc Online Now Apr 17, 2008 at 8:41 AM

I'm planning on checking out Tamarindo in the next couple of months, and want to take some tours while I'm there. Does anyone know anything about the tour companies in the town? Any recommendations? Anyone heard of CR Paradise? I want to check out nature and have a good time. Let me know if you have any suggestions or can comment on who has the best tours. Thanks.

2 Answers Apr 29, 2008 at 2:03 PM
    • bus from Tamarindo to Nosara?

by elkegeiger Online Now Jan 23, 2008 at 4:24 PM

I'm wondering if a public bus runs from Tamarindo to Nosara? and if so, how frequently?

1 Answer Jan 24, 2008 at 9:06 PM
    • Nightlife??

by hollyoleary Online Now Jan 11, 2008 at 8:45 PM

Unfortunately we wont be in Tamarindo on a Friday... what other nightlife in Tamarindo would you reccomend for some girls in there mid to late 20's??? Dancing?? Is the Monkey Bar fun any other nights? Thanks

• Transportation

by colee454 Online Now Dec 10, 2007 at 3:22 PM

I am arriving in Costa Rica on Saturday to the Liberia International Airport. I am staying in Tamarindo. Has anyone taken the public bus? Is it easy to get where you need to go or should I rent a car?

I am staying at the Tamarindo Diria and I can't figure out how close a bus stop is.

3 Answers Dec 27, 2007 at 1:33 AM
    • Casa Palombia/Playa Flamingo

by pawypler Online Now Nov 13, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Looking for feedback on Casa Palombia in Playa Flamingo, as well as info on Playa Flamingo in general.

Casa Palombia online pictures look great, but I've read that the house isn't maintained very well. If anyone has insight on the house or area (pros/cons), I'd be grateful!

I understand that Playa Flamingo is a smaller town, although there is now much construction. Is it still a nice place to vacation?

3 Answers Sep 21, 2009 at 8:50 PM
    • Violins

by countrymno Online Now Nov 11, 2007 at 4:32 PM

Any violin makers in Tamarindo?

• Unsafe swimming conditions?

by SammyH123 Online Now Nov 2, 2007 at 1:34 PM

I am travelling to Tamarindo on Monday! EEK!!!

I just read online that it is unsafe to swim due to high levels of sewage being dumped in the water.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to other good beach party spots in and around Liberia, I would be forever grateful.

Sam

5 Answers Nov 20, 2007 at 2:32 PM
    • Money in Tamarindo

by TinaViner Online Now Oct 30, 2007 at 8:30 AM

Can I pay for things in Tamarindo with US money or does the money have to be exchanged.

3 Answers Apr 29, 2008 at 2:07 PM
    • TicoMario's Profile Photo

Best hotels in Tamarindo?

by TicoMario Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 3:00 PM

I am unexpectedly going to Tamarindo for a quick trip in December and haven't been there in quite some time. Anyone have a good tip for a nice, clean, reasonably priced hotel? Plus, do you have any pics, as well? That would help. Thanks for any info. I love how helpful everyone seems to be on VT!!!!

Cheers,
      Mario

2 Answers Nov 1, 2007 at 6:28 AM
    • singledad's Profile Photo

Hotel Accomodations for Christmas/New Years 2007

by singledad Online Now Sep 24, 2007 at 9:48 AM

My 17 year old son and I are planning a 14 day stay in the Tamarindo area for the upcoming holiday season. We have been to Costa Rica the past 2 years at the same time and basically already traveled to most of the tourist hot spots and now are hoping to enjoy the "atmosphere" we have heard so much about in Tamarindo.

In the past 2 years I have never paid more than 80 per night to stay in a hotel. I know there are luxuroy accomodations available out there but that is not in my budget. Can anyone help me to find a rental for 2 weeks at less than 100 per day? Our needs are simple-- -- a clean, air conditioned room with comfortable beds. We much prefer going and eating in town rather than at the hotel, so fine hotel dining is not a concern. We have always used public transportation and know how to get around as needed. I only get to take one vacation a year and have come to love Costa Rica. My son being a 17 year old teenager would like the option of doing more than just hanging out at the beach with dad so Tamarindo seems like a good possible option.

Your thoughts and ideas are all welcome. and of course your suggestions as to accommodations and places to eat. thanks

Robert

1 Answer Sep 24, 2007 at 12:21 PM
    • Nightlife

by hunterb Online Now Sep 11, 2007 at 3:45 PM

Me and seven of my late twenties/early thirties single buddies will be staying at peninsula papagayo from oct 9 -14. Is there anything going on in tamarindo at that time and is tamarindo the best nightlife for that area? If so, any suggestions as to where to PARTY???

Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 11, 2007 at 7:14 PM
    • Looking for a good caterer for wedding on Playa Grande

by cazham Online Now Jul 20, 2007 at 3:18 PM

Hi - was wondering if anyone could suggest a good caterer who could arrange casual but nice food for our upcoming wedding in a few months. Even open to suggestions of good restaurants nearby as they may be able to help. Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 22, 2007 at 11:47 AM
    • canopy tours

by ccallstar72 Online Now Apr 19, 2007 at 8:43 AM

hi my family is going to tamarindo this coming december. We all wanted to go on the canopy tours but the only ones we could find were 4 hours away. Do think there is any possible way you could e-mail any information to me about the place you went to? it would a big help and would also be greatly appreciated! thank you so much!

ccallstar72@aol.com

1 Answer May 3, 2007 at 11:25 AM
    • Car rental at Liberia airport

by spankey Online Now Apr 7, 2007 at 6:27 AM

Are there any car rental agencies at Liberia airport? Any recommendations for which agency? And can anyone tell me how long it will take to drive from Liberia to Playa Tamarindo? Are they paved roads?

1 Answer Oct 17, 2007 at 10:50 AM
    • HOTEL PASATIEMPO

by JOHNFROMJERZ Online Now Feb 13, 2007 at 7:10 AM

I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the rooms or beach at hotel pasatiempo. And if not could anyone give me a description of the walk to the beach and the beach itself and a description of the rooms....thanks

2 Answers Feb 27, 2007 at 10:02 PM
    • private coach - how long did it take

by em111 Online Now Dec 27, 2006 at 4:46 AM

Hi - someone posted a question about taking a private coach from San jose to Tamarindo. HOw long approx. is the drive? Assuming one quick bathroom stop.

3 Answers May 29, 2007 at 12:59 PM
    • Accomodation for 6 months

by SiriPiri Online Now Dec 15, 2006 at 3:13 AM

I'm coming back to Tamarindo the 11th of january and I'm looking for a place to stay for 6 months.... As I have lived in Tamarindo for 7 months before I know it can be expencive, but I'm looking for something between200 to250 a month.

It could be a house, I have two friends already down there looking for a place to stay.

If you have a tip on where to stay or if you rent appartments/houses please let me know :o)

Siri

1 Answer Mar 13, 2007 at 12:10 AM
    • DrexelDragon's Profile Photo

Tamarindo or no Tamarindo, but elsewhere?

by DrexelDragon Online Now Dec 14, 2006 at 11:24 PM

Right, so I've been doing a lot of reading and am now tired. Please help! haha.

Anyway, my original intention was fly this trip solo and do a full on surf vacation. However, my housemate got into the idea of actually getting out and seeing the world, and he is now going with me. He however is not looking to surf 5 out of the 7 days while we're there...so, I need to find a place that is fairly accomodating for both of us.

So, if you've got any answers to the following, I'd really appreciate your comments:

1. How far away is Flamingo beach to Tamarindo? Are we talking a 30min taxi ride or 10min. ride?

2. Is Tamarindo the only place that's going to have some night life? I've been reading about Flamingo being fairly isolated, and "quiet". What are the other places that have a decent scene? (We're not looking for Cancun style entertainment, but it would be nice if there was more than 2 places and enough to keep our interest for a week.)

3. Are there any other surf schools in Tamarindo besides WRSC? WRSC seems kinda expensive...

4. How about the Flamingo Beach Resort? Any experiences there? Or, how about the Capitan Suizo or the Tamarindo Diria?

5. If Tamarindo is the place to hangout, but not the place to stay, then can someone give me an idea of what the nearby towns/places are that have accomodation? (Like 20min. walk or 5-10min taxi ride)

4 Answers Feb 4, 2007 at 1:52 PM
    • okinawa_wave's Profile Photo

Tamarindo or Playa Grande and accommodations...

by okinawa_wave Online Now Sep 5, 2006 at 9:01 PM

Hello! My wife and I are planning a trip to Tamarindo from Dec. 28th to Jan. 6th. I have a few questions for you all.
      1. We are looking for a quiet place to stay. We don't mind crowds, but I have heard that Tamarindo gets pretty "wild" during the holidays. Is this true, or is it an exaggeration? What can it be compared to?
      2. Is Playa Grande a better choice, or are there quiet "areas" of Tamarindo where you can escape the crowds?
      3. We are looking for something under100 that is simple but quiet (gardens..etc.)Any suggestions?
      Thank you for your help.
      Kenny

6 Answers Dec 15, 2006 at 7:45 AM
    • supermarkets/restaurants near playa flamingo

by lyn17 Online Now Sep 2, 2006 at 1:31 AM

hi
      we are bound for flamingo, staying at casa palombia.
      we will be self catering and needing to get a large amount of provisions. we need to know the nearest large supermarket for a onestop shop!! we are prepared to drive.
      also any recommendations for great restaurants?? any cuisine local or not.
      cheers

1 Answer Sep 25, 2006 at 11:31 AM