Tallinn Travel Answers

change location
Turska's Profile Photo

Pirita closter

by Turska Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Might be too late to ask, since there is not so many people at Tallinn forum usually, but I´ll try.. Witch is the easiest way to get to Pirita closter? Is there bus going, and is it only one bus or do we need to change?

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

Re: Pirita closter

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Here you go:
    soiduplaan.tallinn.ee/#bus/m...

You don't probably need a travel guide you have Trip Planner, right, but if you find "Sankarimatkailija Tallinnan raitiovaunuissa ja trolleybusseissa" i could by it from you, second hand of course, after your visit :)

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Pirita closter

by micolett Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 9:42 AM

The bus stop is simply "Pirita". You can see the ruins over some trees on your right, coming from town center. Bus roughly every 20 mn.

1 member found this helpful

• Turska's Profile Photo

by Turska Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Thanks! I saw that book at library (Ylöjärvi) last weekend, but I thought I wont need it. We will mostly go just relax, eat well and taste some new beers ;o) But we might go to se the ruin or/and open air museum, if we feel like it (at the weather will be o.k.). I think there was some bus going from front of Viru hotel close to open air museum (we went to some shopping centre year ago, when we tried to make christmas shopping). But we didn´t notice the open air museum. Maybe there is some better bus for that also?
    Do you remeber witch side of Viru keskus this 34A leaves?

Be the first to rate this answer!

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Tallinn bus terminal is of the eastern side of the Viru Hotel, I think the name of that is Viru Keskuse Bussiterminal :) Was the shopping center Rocca al Mare (it's close to ope air museum)? Did you know that there is free bus service from harbour to RaM Prisma. It's one possibility:
    http://www.roccaalmare.ee/etusivu/ (see menu)and you find other buses there also.

• Re: Pirita closter

by micolett Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM

The open air museum is within walking distance of the shopping center, but I don't remember exacly how long it takes...

• Turska's Profile Photo

by Turska Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 4:29 AM

Yes I know, we took the free bus year ago. The stop was in front of Viru hotell. Thanks to you both again!

• Turska's Profile Photo

Re: Pirita closter I checked with google maps. looks like it is only 15min walk from shopping centre. So that might be one (and free) option. We don´t (need to) go to shopping centre this time (luckily!!). We try to find some beers not available at Finlan

by Turska Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Turska wrote:
    Yes I know, we took the free bus year ago. The stop was in front of Viru hotell. Thanks to you both again!

• Turska's Profile Photo

by Turska Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 4:42 AM

What happened to my text?? It huge and end is missing! I ment to say some beers not available at Finland, but we know some shops closer to our hotel, so no need to shop those there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines