Tallinn Travel Answers

change location
Yahia81's Profile Photo

visiting time

by Yahia81 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Planning my first visit by end of april, what about the weather at that time?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

Re: visiting time

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 7:19 AM

What to say :) forecasting is difficult and basically the temps can be almost what ever. But let's hope luck and you get sunshine and around 12-15C degrees. The temps can be a lot higher but sofar the forecasts are not so long. Currently there is about 0C, so very much lower than in your areas. It's spring anyway, but the sea is cold and if it happens to wind from North you should protect yourself against it. Cloves and scarfs are usefull unless you aren't used to colder weather out there.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Luckell's Profile Photo

by Luckell Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 7:48 AM

The spring of this year is late in all the northern countries. I think 12-15 degrees is a bit too much to expect. The weather in April can easily be under 10 degrees celcius, at least if you think about that the spring is later than normally. But who knows, I guess it can be around +10 degrees. But take it easy and don't let this destroy your trip to Estonia. It can be how nice as anything if the sun just shine, and I think and hope it will be so. I wish you a pleasent holiday and good luck with everything! Remember to visit the old town in Tallinn, it is beautiful!

Be the first to rate this answer!

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 8:10 AM

As I said in one other forum here, our all time low here (some 200km North from Tallinn) is -25C and all time high +25C. So, it depends how lucky your are :)

• 7th-Son's Profile Photo

by 7th-Son Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM

While the answers above are correct, they leave out one most important thing:
    In any given Spring day, the weather (and temperature) can change dramatically from one hour to the next. Before I got accustomed to this, I went to the Center (which is fairy tale beautiful) wearing only a shirt and windbreaker, because at noon it was sunny and those clothes were quite sufficient. Around 3PM, the clouds closed in tightly, it began to rain, the Arctic wind hammered from the North. The ambient temperature dropped some 25 degrees (farenheight). I was so wet and so cold that my teeth chattered and my body shivered without stop. I caught a bronchitis that lasted three months. - Just be forewarned, CARRY LAYERS OF CLOTHING, which include something for the rain - even if it looks sunny. BE PREPARED. Tallinn is worth it, enjoy your visit.

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Yeah, that might happen, but let's not make a rule of that, I still hope luck to all Tallinn visitors, and SW or S winds and the trip will be perfect, with weather included. The rule is that nights are colder than days and it's quite normal on those days that you start early day from minusCs and the temp goes up a lot during the day. 7thSon gave a nice warning, he, like OP, is coming from always-warm area and when we here say that is warm and ok, you still are freezing, right. I still hope my best, Tallinn is really a nice place to visit.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines