Tallahassee Travel Answers

change location

Bed and Breakfasts for a winter getaway

by Hwesta Online Now Aug 27, 2005 at 9:56 AM

Hello everyone!
New member and first time posting! *gulp*
I'm planning a short trip to Florida next January, because there is *no* sunshine in Kentucky in January. (None.)
I'm interested in staying at a Bed and Breakfast in the Panhandle or North Central Florida to try and take advantage on low season prices.
I'm looking for sunshine, fresh air, quiet, sunshine and lots of nature.
Two places sound promising: Wakulla Springs State Park Lodge and The Old Carrabelle Hotel in Carrabelle Fl. Has anyone been there or have any scuttlebutt to share?
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • catalysta's Profile Photo

RE: Bed and Breakfasts for a winter getaway

by catalysta Online Now Aug 27, 2005 at 10:20 AM

Hwesta, VT member Pete Chamlis (pchamlis) has a really nice page on Wakulla Springs. Here's the link: "Wakulla Springs, "strange and mysterious waters"" - Wakulla Springs by 850prc

Don't know about Carrabelle (& I don't see any pages for it yet), but I'll bet Pete has been there too, so why not try dropping him an email?

Another useful tool many of us consult regularly about hotels, inns & B&B's is TripAdvisor.com - they have ratings for many places, & reviews written by visitors. Some reviews you have to take with a grain of salt since not everyone uses the same criteria to judge a place, but overall it's a great site with lots of helpful info.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Bed and Breakfasts for a winter getaway

by Hwesta Online Now Aug 29, 2005 at 10:56 AM

Catalysta - Thanks for the quick (and very encouraging)response! I think I am going to like this place! I will check out the link you mentioned.
    Hwesta

• RE: RE: Bed and Breakfasts for a winter getaway

by Hwesta Online Now Aug 29, 2005 at 10:58 AM

DonnaFL - You are making me feel very welcome with such an immediate reply. Getting on-the-spot honest opinions is so much more helpful than polite guidebook descriptions.
    Hwesta

• catalysta's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Bed and Breakfasts for a winter getaway

by catalysta Online Now Aug 29, 2005 at 12:04 PM

:-)

That's what VT's about! BTW, do feel free to email Pete for more specifics, he's a VT regular & a great guy.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines