Talkeetna Travel Answers

change location

Talkeetna flightseeing

by sjlm1 Online Now Apr 23, 2004 at 5:59 PM

There are several glacier pilot operations in Talkeetna. Have you had a particularly wonderful experience with any of them? Which trip flying around Denali and landing on a glacier do you recommend? Any other information about those trips?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • jjkent's Profile Photo

Re: Talkeetna flightseeing

by jjkent Online Now Apr 30, 2004 at 2:01 PM

I did a Talkeetna Air Taxi flightseeing tour last summer with my mom. We took the "South Face McKinley" tour ($135 pp) with the glacier landing (an extra60 pp). We both enjoyed it a lot, there is a lot to see. The entire flight took about 1.5 hours. You can spend a little more money and see more of Mount McKinley. Whatever trip you decide on, I would recommend doing a glacier landing! It is interesting to see it from up close. And the plane lands/takes off on skids - that was a first for me! Talkeetna Air Taxi website is http://www.talkeetnaair.com/ Have fun! Jason

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • HappieCamper's Profile Photo

Re: Talkeetna flightseeing

by HappieCamper Online Now May 6, 2004 at 5:09 AM

K2 gave us a wonderful flight around Mt McKinley, and landed us on a glacier. They're out of Talkeetna. We chose them because they had been highly recommended by people who had taken the flight, and also by a campground operator. You can check out some images from the flight at happiecamper.com/html/mt_mck... I have other pictures of our trip into Denali here: happiecamper.com/html/denali... They were taken on the 13 hour bus tour to Kantishna (if memory serves me).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines