Talca Travel Answers

change location

Need information about Talca Area

by Carolynbosher Online Now Dec 4, 2007 at 5:52 PM

My Husband and I and another couple are planning on being in the Talca area the first week of March. It was our intention to spend some time at the Thermas Quinamavida Spa. Of course this will be more enjoyable for the females than the males so we need something for the husbands to do. My husband is very interested in fishing and I noticed that there are a number of rivers and streams around as well as a lake or two. I wondered if there is any fishing in the area at that time of year? Are there any good fishing guides and is it necessary to have a fishing guide? Where do you get a fishing license? Cost? etc? The other husband is interested in bodegas. I understand that this is the heart of wine country so are there great places for him to visit or for us all to visit together. Do any of them have accomodations as well? Is the spa a terrific place or are their other places that the locals think are better? and finally why do all the hotels say that there is no availability on the 4th and 5th of March is something spectacular going on at that time? I would appreciate any help that anyone can give us. Thanks a million. Carolyn

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Need information about Talca Area

by Huentetu Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 11:29 AM

There are very good vineyards around Talca and Curicó (including Miguel Torres with very good food).
    www.valledelmaule.cl
    www.turismochile.com/guide/maule/articles/1016
    www.rutadelvino.cl/ (the Colchagua valley)
    Definitely visit the Siete Tazas reserve: www.sietetazas.cl

In Talca you can eat very well. Russo (www.russo.cl) is owned by a caterer and he likes to try new dishes there. The decor is very modern, the service excellent and the food is excellent. It costs about US$30 a head with wine. La Tasca de la Esquina in Talca is totally different but also very good.

The best hotel in Talca is the Diego de Almagro hotel. Other options are the Casa Chueca guesthouse outside Talca.

March is the month of vendimias, grape harvests, and since they are accompanied by a lot of activity and lots of visitors it might be why the hotels are fully booked on certain dates.

Fishing licenses are obtained from the municipality usually. I don't know anything about seasons etc but they could tell you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Need information about Talca Area

by Carolynbosher Online Now Dec 9, 2007 at 5:57 PM

Thanks so much for your answer. We will be certain to check out your suggestions. Carolyn

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines