Talca Travel Answers

change location

Talca

by PojoRose Online Now Apr 23, 2007 at 10:28 PM

Hi! I'll be going to Talca in mid-June for about a month to do research for my Mater's thesis. Anyone know anywhere I could do a homestay? Or maybe a decent hostel where you can eat with the family running the place? Or anything at all about Talca at all since there are no other postings for this city... Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Chechi's Profile Photo

Re: Talca

by Chechi Online Now May 8, 2007 at 6:43 PM

Hello, I have heard about Casa Chueca in Talca, is a very nice place to stay feeling like family the web site www.trekkingchile.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Talca

by PojoRose Online Now May 13, 2007 at 1:25 AM

I saw that place online... It looks nice, but I need somewhere more in the center of the city since i won't have a car. Also, since I will be there for awhile, I am hoping to find a lower price. Anyone else have any info?

by Huentetu Online Now May 13, 2007 at 5:28 PM

Can't help you on the lodging but I'm sure someone will give you a hand once you arrive. You are better off getting local advice on this. If you need just somewhere to head until you get your bearings, there is a small and inexpensive hotel called:
    HOTEL NAPOLI
    Dirección: 2 Sur 1314
    Teléfono: (71) 227373
    Fax : (71) 226010
    No website. It is well located as it is within walking distance of everything in town and a lot of the universities use it for people attending conferences. Otherwise, just use a guidebook suggestion.
    I've just come back from a weekend in Talca. I found it a very nice small, provincial city which still retains much of the typical architecture of central Chile. There are about 4 universities with campuses in Talca. The head of international studies at the Universidad de Talca is from India and the head of the English department is from Canada. For a town of its size it seems to have a lot going on. The people seemed very pleasant. The surrounding countryside is very lovely. The drive up to and beyond Colbun, through San Clemente is especially nice. As Talca has always been a sort of hub for surrounding agricultural communities, it is well supplied with shops. Although it was the same temperature as Santiaqo when we were there, it has a much damper climate so bring lots of warm clothes.
    Hope this helps a little bit.

by PojoRose Online Now May 20, 2007 at 1:33 PM

Thanks for the info! It sounds like I will enjoy my time in Talca. I will write to the people you mentioned at the university.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines