Talamone

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• San Gimignano Italy in November

San Gimignano Jul 18, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Looking at visiting SG from 18-25 November 2014. Are Christmas decorations up at this time?

more
    • Things to du in the district of Livorno with kids (4 years old)

Livorno Jul 16, 2014 at 3:34 AM

Hi,

We're a Norwegian family staying 2 1/2 weeks in the district of Livorno (Pisa 2 days, one week in Castiglioncello and one week in Bibbona) in July & August.

Do you have any tips/recommendations for what to do for kids here?

Kind regards Lise

more
    • livorno transportation to lucca

Livorno 20 hours ago

is it hard to get from the cruise port to Lucca? Can we catch a bus and do our own thing easily? for a day trip!

more
    • 4 days trip to tuscany

Tuscany Jul 20, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Hi. i'm going on a trip to tuscany this thursday. I have 4 days. I've got an hotel in florence. I'll get there around 14:30 PM. So I thought I'd visit florence for a day and a half, day 3 - san gimigniano and siena and day 4 - lucca. I won't rent a car so I'll have to use the bus. Do you think these are the best places to visit in my 4 day trip? (I went to pisa in the past so i'll skip it this time). where can I see the time for the buses, should I buy a ticket ahead?
      also in florence I understand that it's better to buy ahead to Uffizi and Accademia. can I still buy it for this week? if I have to know exactly the hour I'd be there it could be a bit problematic... what do you think? thanks for any help

more
    • lockers at train station

Arezzo Jul 19, 2014 at 9:22 PM

are there lockers at the train stations

more
    • Possible taxi from Poggibonsi train station to San Gimignano

San Gimignano Jul 13, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Does anybody have an idea how much a taxi would cost (if there's any) from Poggibonsi train station to San Gimignano? I'm asking because I have to wait 45+ minutes for the bus, so if the taxi fare is reasonable I'd rather get to SG sooner. Any advice is greatly appreciated. TIA :)

more
    • Castiglioncello as a day trip?

Castiglioncello Jul 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Hello!

Would Castiglioncello be a good day from from Florence? If so, what sorts of activities would you recommend doing during the day?

I am a big fan of the water, would there be enough time to see the village and go snorkelling?

Thanks.

more
    • directions

Siena Jul 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

how to get to Florence airport from Siena

more
    • Car rental

Florence Jul 19, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I've spend hours as hours researching car rental places and am still feeling nervous and have not gotten anywhere. I need to rent an automatic car (don't know how to drive manual) and would pick it up at the Florence airport. All the rental companies seem to have very high holds on your visa in the fine print . For example, to rent a car at thrifty they put a 1700 € hold /bond on your visa incase of damage or something else. While I hope to have no trouble with damage or accidents, it just seems outrageously high to me. Does anyone know a better alternative? A place where there isn't such a high hold or deductible? Or Is this just normal in all of Italy? Hertz for example doesn't have a high hold - just or days worth of car rental and a tank of gas.

more
    • Gems and special places

Volterra Jul 18, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Does anyone know of beautiful places located in and around borgo alle vigne area other than the popular places already know (pisa, florence, san gimignana, siena etc). Looking for something extremely romantic for my new husband to be on our honeymoon. We will have a rental car. big thanks in advance!

more
    • Where to rent a car

Florence Jul 18, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Hi! I'm taking a train from venice to florence and trying to figure out where the best and most convient place is to pick up a rental car with minimal hassel. I will be taking Italo to florence Santa Maria station. If I am at Santa Maria station, can I take a shuttle to the airport and get a car there? Is that a good idea? If so how long does it take and how much time do i give myself to tell the rental car company what time i'll be there?

Any assistance and feedback is very much apreciated!

more
    • B&B La Magnolia

Lucca Jun 26, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Would like to return to Lucca next september, does B&B la Magnolia still exist

more
    • Gardens in Grosseto

Grosseto Jun 25, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Giardino la Ferriera was an important garden in Capalbio designed by Giuppi Pietromarchi. Can you tell me if it is available to visit? As well as a name and contact information please.
      Thank you, Julia Guest - West Vancouver BC Canada

more
    • Vespa ride through Tuscany

Florence Jun 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM

My wife and I will be in Rome (4 days) & decided to take a break to go to Florence for at least most of day 3. I am planning to book a vespa tour that rides through Tuscany for 4 hours w/ meal included. I just wanted to know if anyone has done something similiar and whether it was worthwhile considering the time away from Rome? Thanks for your help.

more
    • Santa Maria Novella

Florence Jun 25, 2014 at 4:51 AM

Are there still some renation works there?

more
    • LauraD40's Profile Photo

Luxury Travel

Florence Jun 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Good Evening everyone

How much and how often would you recommend tipping waiting staff in a 5* boutique hotel?

Thanks in advance

Laura Davies

more
    • Picking up a rental car in Siena

Siena Jun 28, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Coming in from Florence by bus, where is the car rental area? And, is it better to stay in town without the car first and rent it as we go outwards towards country areas? Was thinking Siena would be a good base and use the car when we wanted to explore other
      towns and return each day to Siena. Got any better ideas? thanks

more
    • Is Ethiad/Darwin Airlines reliable to fly Zurich-Florence?

Florence Jul 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I have to travel from Zurich to Florence, and the only low-cost option seems to be Ethiad Airlines (previously, Darwin Airline). Has any one flown with this company? Is it reliable?
      Thank you!

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Day trip to Pisa from Florence

Florence Jul 2, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I have 2 full days in Florence and 1 full day for Pompeii. I would like to find out:

- the best route to get to Pisa. I will be staying near central train station. what are the station name for Pisa?

- if I have 1 full day, how is it best to maximise to see Pisa? Do I get tickets in advance and is there any specific day that it is closed etc? Any specific tips would be helpful.

How much time do I have to allocate to get back to Florence? This will be in mid October - any tips on when sunsets and attractions close would help. Thanks :)

more
    • PTKeil's Profile Photo

Tours and Tuscany

Montecatini Terme Jun 30, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Hi! I normally tour independently. but after spending many hours planning a 3.5 week trip to Europe with my kids last year, I'm temporarily tapped out on planning. That being said, I am traveling with two friends with Gate One on a guided tour, and we are staying in Montecatini for four nights as part of the itinerary. On a Saturday there is an optional trip my friends are going on to Florence, but I have been twice already and am trying to find something pleasant to do that day that I have never done. Touring PIsa, wine tasting in Chianti, etc. all sound wonderful, but I refuse to drive myself (especially drinking wine), and there are typically only two types tours I am finding
      a.) a huge group tours that herd and hurry you around and give you only an hour or so at a stop or
      b.) private groups tours that cost $400 or more.
      I am not seeing anything in between.

Does anyone have any tours they have been on that have been pleasant and fun? I am OK with traveling from Montecatini to Florence or other cities to start the tour, but if there are tours from Montecatini directly, that would be great.

Tammy

more
    • driving from pisa to siena

Siena Jul 18, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I'm renting a car in florence and driving around for 7 days visiting lots of countryside. What I am wondering is, if i want to make my way down to Sorrento by train, is it ideal to drive to siena from pisa and enjoy the route, drop of the car in siena and then train to sorrento? Looking to not have to go back to florence to return the car but be close enough to a train station that will take me to sorrento!

more
    • 4 days trip to tuscany

Florence Jul 20, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Hi. i'm going on a trip to tuscany this thursday. I have 4 days. I've got an hotel in florence. I'll get there around 14:30 PM. So I thought I'd visit florence for a day and a half, day 3 - san gimigniano and siena and day 4 - lucca. I won't rent a car so I'll have to use the bus. Do you think these are the best places to visit in my 4 day trip? (I went to pisa in the past so i'll skip it this time). where can I see the time for the buses, should I buy a ticket ahead?
      also in florence I understand that it's better to buy ahead to Uffizi and Accademia. can I still buy it for this week? if I have to know exactly the hour I'd be there it could be a bit problematic... what do you think? thanks for any help

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

3 days in Florence

Florence Jul 3, 2014 at 7:11 AM

I initially planned for 3 days in Florence including day trip to Pisa. Now I am extending 1 day so I have 3 full days in Florence (by cutting down 1 day in Venice from 3.5 days to 2.5 days). Is this a good idea?

For 3 full days in Florence, how should I plan it out? I would like to see Duomo, architecure, well known art and do things the local way.

I will be staying near the central train station, is everything walkable? Any recommendation for food?

Any useful tips much appreciated :)

more
    • How to get to Pisa Airport

Montecatini Terme Jul 5, 2014 at 11:57 AM

What is the best way to get from Montecatini Terme to Pisa Airport, by bus or by train?

more
    • Talamone - need advice

by surefolly Online Now Jan 11, 2011 at 1:02 PM

I'm thinking about spending 4 days/nights in Talamone with my family (wife & two boys - ages 6 & 3) starting May 28. I wanted to find out if anyone on this forum has been there and can share their thoughts. We're looking for a quiet little seaside village to relax in - swim - eat well - take it easy. We'd be driving up from Rome. Any impressions / suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.