Takayama Travel Answers

change location
Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Toilet in Bus running Matsumoto-Takayama-Kanazawa?

by Melanie_Putra Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Hi Guys,

May I check with you whether the highway buses have toilet onboard? If not, how often do they stop? I am considering Tokyo-(maybe Matsumoto)-Takayama-Shirakawago-Kanazawa-Toyama-Alpine Route-
Matsumoto-Tokyo. Still deliberating which mode of transport to use in term of cost, scenery and timing... But should be taking the bus between Takayama and Kanazawa at least, and perhaps from Matsumoto to Takayama. So specifically, does the Nohi Bus between Matsumoto, Takayama and Kanazawa have toilet?

Thanks,
Mel

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • SurfaceTravel's Profile Photo

Re: Toilet in Bus running Matsumoto-Takayama-Kanazawa?

by SurfaceTravel Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Sorry, I can't remember specifically. However, I do remember stopping at Ogimachi halfway between Takayama and Kanazawa, and most people got out to use the toilet and walk around for 10 minutes. It's quite amazing scenery at Ogimachi, still snow on the ground in April. I don't think either leg between stops was more than two hours.

Details of our trip in 2006: "2 Weeks touring Honshû, Japan" - Japan by SurfaceTravel

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dru46's Profile Photo

Re: Toilet in Bus running Matsumoto-Takayama-Kanazawa?

by dru46 Online Now Sep 15, 2011 at 7:09 AM

I took a look at the Japanese page for Nohi Bus and this is what I can see.

Takayama-Kanazawa: Only 2 buses a day go that all the way and they both have 10 minute stops about an hour in or so. This bus will stop for 10 minutes in Shirakawago (If I read the kanji correctly). Do note that I don't know if you can get out of the bus or not. Just ask the driver if you do go that way.

Takayama-Matsumoto: 6 buses a day and no stops. Since it is only a 2 hour journey, they won't stop.

The Toyama route doesn't appear to have any stops.

I tried to find info on the buses themselves but found no information. I assume they don't have washrooms, but I could be wrong.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines