Takayama Travel Answers

change location
FreeCloud's Profile Photo

How many days in Takayama (Gifu ken)?

by FreeCloud Online Now Apr 16, 2006 at 5:19 PM

We would like to see the Oct.9/10 festival - IF I can book a hotel, so far it seems all hotels are fully booked! :(

Q1: How many days would it take to see the festival (2 days) and tour the small town?
Q2: Is there any other day trip one can take from Takayama? E.g., is there any bus tour taking us to "Historic Villages of Shirakawa-go or Gokayama", going by ourselves seem to be rather time consuming (need multiple transfers)?
Q3: Any suggestion on booking a hotel for the time?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • gogonicetrip's Profile Photo

RE: How many days in Takayama (Gifu ken)?

by gogonicetrip Online Now Apr 21, 2006 at 5:47 AM

Q1 There is a city-bus which runs in Takayama city, you can use one-day free pass (550 yen) or two-day free pass(960 yen).

Q2 So far, I can’t find English bus tour from Takayama to Shirakawago.
    But there is a high way bus from Takayama to Shirakawago with 2 hour journey time and from Shirakawago to Gokayama with 50 minute journey time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • missykirra's Profile Photo

RE: How many days in Takayama (Gifu ken)?

by missykirra Online Now Apr 25, 2006 at 3:22 AM

Hi, I am going to Japan - Takayama in June and have booked at a place called Ryokan Seiryu - you can find their details here http://www.jpinn.com/ it is relatively priced. Enjoy the festival, would love to see it, Japanese festivals are amazing. I cant help on the bus tours but will post some details on my return if you are still interested.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines