Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Tajikistan Travel Answer Locations

• PatrickZ's Profile Photo

already made garments

Dushanbe Mar 19, 2014 at 12:33 AM

how much is mens jeans trouser in dushanbe?

1 Answer Mar 19, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

snakes in Burma

Burma Mar 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Of to Burma in october,have been told this is one have the places with highest death rates from snake bites,how true is this,im gettin g scared now!!

11 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 10:45 AM
    • Tours from Dushanbe

Dushanbe Feb 22, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Anyone know of any tours I can take from Dushanbe? I will be there in the summer for 4 days. I would like to get our for a few days and see some nature. Day trips would be okay too. Thanks. Paul

• Dushanbe to Bishkek?

Dushanbe Feb 22, 2014 at 6:31 PM

What's the best way to get there? I read that the flight there is not for the faint of heart and it sounds like the train is quite a long ride. My first option would be to fly. Do yo know of any carriers that fly direct? It looks like Air Astana only has a connecting flight from Almaty. Is there any overland connections via bus or group tour I could take? Thanks in advance. Paul

3 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM
    • Bunch of Questions!!

Dushanbe Jan 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM

i did a lot of research on the country but cant seem to find this info... are they OK with African american tourist?....what should i pack to wear?(i will be staying in the capital in the summer)... How are the men over there? and finally pros and cons of the country? Thanks :)

3 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 6:31 PM
    • Jenn_hadley's Profile Photo

Traveling alone?

Tajikistan Dec 15, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Since I didn't clearly ask a question last time here goes... Yes, this guy I am meeting is defiantly going to be at the meeting place in Tajikistan. I was wondering if me, a girl, who's 17, will be safe if I travel by myself to get to Tajikistan. Also, Will I be safe there?

What are my risks!
      What should I wear?
      Should I stay at his house or should I invest in a hotel?

37 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 2:44 AM
    • Jenn_hadley's Profile Photo

Tajikistan

Tajikistan Dec 14, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I will be going to see this guy I am with. I will be traveling alone until I get to the Dushanbe airport and he will meet me there. I just am a little nervous

5 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 7:02 AM
    • tour package

Tajikistan Nov 11, 2013 at 8:22 PM

want to travel tajikistan, pls advice your tour package with all cost involve. we are from bangalore

2 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    • Any hostels for backpackers in Isfara?

Isfara Aug 15, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Good morning!

I have googled on this but nothing really useful has come up.

Has anyone stayed in Isfara by any chance? I love to hear where, how much and the rest of it!

Thanks,

• Khojand-Kokand(Uzbek)-Andijoin(Uzbeki)-The border at Dostyk(Uzbek) - Osh

Khujand Aug 12, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Hi everyone!

I just read the Lonely Planet Central Asia edition and learnt that there is a potential to drive from Khojand to Osh via Kokand(Uzbek), Andijoin(Uzbeki) and the border at Dostyk(Uzbek).

If anyone has done it, please share your knowledge and/or experience with me e.g., cost, annoyance and tips.

Thanks for your time in advance.

• Canadian citizen coming from Armenia

Tajikistan Apr 25, 2013 at 1:52 AM

hi - I am meant to go to Tajikistan for a conference. I am a Canadian citizen who has been living in Armenia for 2 years. Is a letter of invitation, the fee, and the visa application enough to obtain the visa at the airport? There is no embassy/consulate for Tajikistan in Armenia unfortunately

1 Answer Apr 25, 2013 at 4:39 AM
    • LOI for an American

Tajikistan Apr 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM

What's the best way to obtain a LOI? Are they really necessary and how long do they take to be issued. I am trying to fly to Tajikistan in the first week of May. Is this cutting it too close? How do I find an invitation letter?

1 Answer Apr 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    • visa and on foot border crossing

Tajikistan Apr 16, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Is it possible to enter Tajikistan on foot from either Kyrgyzstan or Uzbekistan? If the policy is different for each country, please specify. I carry an American passport and I would like to get a visa on arrival. Is this possible? Thanks

6 Answers Apr 18, 2013 at 4:55 AM
    • Sami29's Profile Photo

Renting Apartments in Dushanbe

Dushanbe Feb 22, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Hello fellow travelers and friends in Dushanbe,
      Can anyone please get me the address/ email of a Real Estate Agency or an agent in Dushanbe for renting apartments or flats?
      Thanks.

• Is there hot water?

Dushanbe Dec 18, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Hi,

I am considering a job in Dushanbe and want to know more about basic living conditions there. I read somewhere there is generally no hot water in the city pipes, is that true? Is it true that the city water can at times be very dirty and that there are highly inconveniencing power outages? Thanks in advance for general information on this topic.

• Algierd's Profile Photo

Tourist and Road Map of Tajikistan

Tajikistan Dec 11, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Hi guys!
      I need the electronic scans Geko maps of Tajikistan for the trip to this country (1:500,000 scale). Maybe someone to share it?
      Thanks for your help!

1 Answer Dec 11, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    • Interesting Activities

Dushanbe Aug 30, 2011 at 5:22 AM

How some one can spend a eveninn ? Is any place for Tajik Youngsters to hang out in evening ? I am visiting from 1st September to 6th September ! Thinking to spend good time there ?

• visiting Tajikistan in April

Tajikistan Mar 2, 2011 at 3:45 PM

I am planning to travel from Kyrgyzstan to Tajikistan around 26 April this year. Given the weather and road condition, where in Tajikistan can I visit during this time of year or should I avoid travelling around Tajikistan at this time at all? Also, how to travel from Tajikistan to Kashgar in China by road? Thanks for any advice

5 Answers Mar 29, 2013 at 2:11 AM
    • Crossing Tajikistan by car

Tajikistan Oct 18, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Is it possible to cross Tajikistan by own car coming from Europe and going to China? If yes, is any rout through the Pamirs open?

Thanks for an answer.

Wilhelm Klein

6 Answers Jan 2, 2011 at 3:54 PM
    • Tajik Accomodation and LOI Support

Tajikistan Nov 5, 2009 at 2:13 AM

Hello VT's,

I am scheduled to visit UAE and Azerbaijan this November and want to add Tajik to my trip. I need help in arranging and Invitation support and as well as accomodation for 2weeks.

What will be the cheapest form of accomodation?

Any support will be gratelly appreciated!

Sammy

4 Answers Feb 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    • TrevorRugby8's Profile Photo

Weather in Early June? Visa and Border Q's.

Tajikistan Mar 2, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I am planning a trip to Tajikistan in early June. The game plan is to fly into Dushanbe June 1st then travel overland to khorugh and onto Murghob and back. I will then head south from Murghob and head into Afghanistan and work my way toward Kabul.

So my question is: Is the Pamir Highway going to be thawed out enough to make this possible?
      -What sort of public transport is cheapest and most practical?
      -What is the best way to acquire homestay style accomodation?

Also, Does anyone have any info on the Afghan border below Khorugh? And any info on obtaining an Afghan visa would also be helpful.

Thanks.
      Trevor Lake
      trevorbulgariapeacecorps.blo...

5 Answers May 12, 2009 at 1:36 PM
    • Farsi courses in Tajikistan

Tajikistan Feb 24, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Hello,
      I am an American and I would like to study and improve my farsi, but being an american, I cannot get a visa to Iran. I have heard that Dushanbe may have some farsi language school(s). Does anybody have any information about this? (website?)
      Thank you

4 Answers Feb 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM
    • Hexxi's Profile Photo

Trip through Central Asia in summer 2009

Tajikistan Dec 14, 2008 at 2:03 AM

Hi friends, I am planning to make a big trip through Central Asia next summer and would like to cover all 5 ex SU countries. Did anyone make a trip like this? I plan to travel by myself on budget. Maybe a stupid question but how much money should I plan for spending in 6 weeks? I have to make it a cheap trip. What are the best means of travelling? bus? Where should I start and where should I end? I am very grateful for all kinds of advices! Thanks a lot, Silvia

4 Answers Jun 13, 2009 at 1:04 PM
    • Kirgistan, Tajikistan, visa question, LOI, things to do.

Tajikistan Oct 30, 2008 at 5:29 AM

Hello! I am japon passport holder, now i am in Bishkek. I wanted to get my visa to Tajikistan here, but at the Embassy i was asked to show LOI for getting visa. Can you advice me any agency, which can provide me LOI to Tajikistan asap by cheap price? Also i am waiting for any info about Tajikistan (prices,life level, cheap restaurants and cafes, national dishes, things to do and to see etc...). Thank you.

4 Answers Jan 1, 2009 at 7:26 AM
    • Pandisis's Profile Photo

Importing a horse/questions please :o)

Tajikistan Oct 25, 2008 at 7:06 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if anyone here will know the answers to my questions or some suggestions of places to find the answers. I have inquiries into the embassies and to a few tour companies but have not heard anything back and am trying to expand my quest for answers. We have also looked at the embassy websites to no avail.

1. What are the Kazakhstan's restrictions and regulations on the import and
      export of horses?
      For example what paperwork is needed as far as vaccinations, proof of
      ownership?

2. Are there any tests the horses will have to take once in your country
      if they come from another?

3. Will the horses need to be registered anywhere on entry to your
      country, or upon their purchase?

4. Are there any border crossings where horses are restricted from
      crossing into and out of the country?

5. Are there any border crossings where it would be easier to
      import/export a horse, in your opinion?

Any help on any of these questions would be absolutely amazing. We are trying to decide our route, but that all depends on which borders we may cross with horses and which we cannot. The plan is to travel through Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan to start.

Thank again for your time and knowledge!

-Noelle

1 Answer Oct 25, 2008 at 7:28 PM
    • Pandisis's Profile Photo

Charities

Tajikistan Oct 21, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Hi everyone,

I'd really appreciate any help anyone can provide in the following area.

I am looking to find a charity in Tajikistan that I could possibly volunteer with for a bit or help raise money for. I really want to find a good one that actually helps people, or animals if at all possible, and that isn't too corrupt, i.e. most funds actually go towards charity. I would really like to be able to volunteer there for a bit as I pass through the country. I know most places don't like random foreigners interrupting their daily routine, but I'd be willing to donate money as well.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions!

2 Answers Mar 25, 2009 at 9:12 PM
    • FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

ATM in Dushanbe

Dushanbe Apr 21, 2008 at 3:12 AM

Dear fellow travellers,

I am in Dushanbe in July.
      Is there an ATM I can use? I have a MasterCard.

Any other tip about accomodation and bus travel to Pamir region is also welcome.

best regards,

Tobi

2 Answers Nov 11, 2008 at 12:07 AM
    • melod's Profile Photo

Travel From Kazakhstan to India without going through China?

Tajikistan Jan 14, 2008 at 11:05 PM

In march I intent to travel from Almaty in KZ to India but ideally I would like to avoid going through China. Is it possilbe to go Almaty- Kyrgzstan-Tajikistan-Wacan-Pakistan-India?
      Is there a border crossing through the Wacan Valley?

I would be most grateful for any advice

Thanks

Paul

6 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 10:48 AM
    • HANSCOPS's Profile Photo

Border between Kyrgistan -Tajikistan and China?

Tajikistan Dec 26, 2007 at 8:27 AM

Hello,

We're planning a trip to Kyrgistan,Tajikistan and China next summer (july-august 2008). Two questions:

Is it easy and possible to cross the border from Kyrgistan to Tajikistan.

Is it possible to cross the border from Tajikistan to China as a tourist.

Thanks

1 Answer Jan 31, 2008 at 11:34 PM
    • george5b's Profile Photo

How to get from Dushanbe to Samarkand ?

Tajikistan Dec 18, 2007 at 2:19 AM

What is the best way to get from Dushanbe to Sammarkand ?
      Several postings seem to indicate that the drive from Dushanbe to Penjikent is horrible and advise against this road. Is this true ?
      Are the alternatives, e.g. flying to Khujunad and taking a train/bus from there or taking the train via Termez, any better ?

Thank you,

George