Tajikistan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• What to wear?

Tajikistan May 12, 2015 at 1:07 PM

What do women usually wear in Tajikistan? What is considered modest dress and immodest dress? I am planning a trip to Dushanbe and would like to know kinds of clothing to pack.

more
    • Import your own car

Tajikistan May 16, 2015 at 2:20 AM

Hello,

I have heard a rumour that you are not allowed to import a car over 5 years old into Tajikistan. Can anybody confirm this as we are planning a trip to sell our car in Dushanbe after an overland trip.

Any other info related to importing a car into Tadjikistan is more then welcome!

Thanks!

more

Popular Tajikistan Travel Answer Locations

• Import your own car

Tajikistan May 16, 2015 at 2:20 AM

Hello,

I have heard a rumour that you are not allowed to import a car over 5 years old into Tajikistan. Can anybody confirm this as we are planning a trip to sell our car in Dushanbe after an overland trip.

Any other info related to importing a car into Tadjikistan is more then welcome!

Thanks!

5 Answers May 16, 2015 at 6:13 PM
    • What to wear?

Tajikistan May 12, 2015 at 1:07 PM

What do women usually wear in Tajikistan? What is considered modest dress and immodest dress? I am planning a trip to Dushanbe and would like to know kinds of clothing to pack.

2 Answers May 12, 2015 at 9:42 PM
    • Aussie_Blayne's Profile Photo

Cheeky football trip to Tajikistan

Tajikistan Apr 14, 2015 at 3:51 AM

So my beloved Australian Football team just drew Tajikistan away in the preliminary World Cup Qualifying rounds.... We also have Jordan, Kyrgyzstan and Bangladesh (Not exactly the group of death i know :) )
      Would it be worth a trip or don't bother?
      Cheers
      Blayne

2 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 5:07 AM
    • beckyoctober's Profile Photo

Finding a great driver for the Pamir Highway

Dushanbe Mar 18, 2015 at 5:11 AM

Hello all!

Can anyone enlighten me on finding a driver to travel from Dushanbe towards the Wakhan Corridor?

I am doing some research for a television documentary, where an adventurer could be travelling to Dushanbe in June, then onwards along the Pamir Highway as the start of a very exciting journey.

I'd like to get an idea of the situation when finding a driver for the Pamir Highway? We are hoping to do this while waiting for the GBAO permit and possibly visas too. What would be your tips for finding a safe, reliable and also very important - friendly driver? Is there a central location good to find someone or should we plan this before arrival?

Any insights / advice is very welcome

Thank you and have a fantastic day!

Becky smiley

3 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 3:47 AM
    • Helena1962's Profile Photo

What would you chose?

Dushanbe Jan 22, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Hi fellow travelers!
      Excuse me for the silly headline.
      If you had the choice to stay two weeks either in Kyrgistan or in Tajikistan (not both), which one would you choose? And why?
      Thank you for your comments and advise!
      Take care, Helena

13 Answers Mar 20, 2015 at 3:36 AM
    • Guide in Tajikistan

Tajikistan Dec 8, 2014 at 2:26 PM

My wife and I wanted to travel to Central-Asia in August. We don't like group travelling, so we are looking for a (local) guide who can lead us through Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan. Does anyone know an organisation or people who can help us? Thank a lot!
      Hans, Belgium

2 Answers Dec 9, 2014 at 7:52 PM
    • Selling CAR in Tajikistan

Tajikistan Jul 8, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Travelling the Silkraod by Lada Niva I plan to sell the car in Tajikistan.
      Who has experience?
      Thank you very much for your help!
      Frank

11 Answers Feb 2, 2015 at 2:18 AM
    • hiring a driver in tajikistan

Tajikistan Jun 14, 2014 at 6:38 AM

hi,
      can you recomend?
      how much does it cost per a day?
      thankes
      david

6 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 11:06 AM
    • NO ATM fee master card

Dushanbe Apr 19, 2014 at 5:06 AM

Where can I withdraw money from my bank using my debit Master Card?

1 Answer Sep 8, 2014 at 12:13 AM
    • PatrickZ's Profile Photo

already made garments

Dushanbe Mar 19, 2014 at 12:33 AM

how much is mens jeans trouser in dushanbe?

2 Answers Sep 8, 2014 at 12:14 AM
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

snakes in Burma

Burma Mar 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Of to Burma in october,have been told this is one have the places with highest death rates from snake bites,how true is this,im gettin g scared now!!

12 Answers May 16, 2014 at 7:07 AM
    • Tours from Dushanbe

Dushanbe Feb 22, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Anyone know of any tours I can take from Dushanbe? I will be there in the summer for 4 days. I would like to get our for a few days and see some nature. Day trips would be okay too. Thanks. Paul

1 Answer Apr 15, 2014 at 2:15 AM
    • Dushanbe to Bishkek?

Dushanbe Feb 22, 2014 at 6:31 PM

What's the best way to get there? I read that the flight there is not for the faint of heart and it sounds like the train is quite a long ride. My first option would be to fly. Do yo know of any carriers that fly direct? It looks like Air Astana only has a connecting flight from Almaty. Is there any overland connections via bus or group tour I could take? Thanks in advance. Paul

3 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM
    • Bunch of Questions!!

Dushanbe Jan 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM

i did a lot of research on the country but cant seem to find this info... are they OK with African american tourist?....what should i pack to wear?(i will be staying in the capital in the summer)... How are the men over there? and finally pros and cons of the country? Thanks :)

3 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 6:31 PM
    • Jenn_hadley's Profile Photo

Traveling alone?

Tajikistan Dec 15, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Since I didn't clearly ask a question last time here goes... Yes, this guy I am meeting is defiantly going to be at the meeting place in Tajikistan. I was wondering if me, a girl, who's 17, will be safe if I travel by myself to get to Tajikistan. Also, Will I be safe there?

What are my risks!
      What should I wear?
      Should I stay at his house or should I invest in a hotel?

37 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 2:44 AM
    • Jenn_hadley's Profile Photo

Tajikistan

Tajikistan Dec 14, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I will be going to see this guy I am with. I will be traveling alone until I get to the Dushanbe airport and he will meet me there. I just am a little nervous

5 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 7:02 AM
    • tour package

Tajikistan Nov 11, 2013 at 8:22 PM

want to travel tajikistan, pls advice your tour package with all cost involve. we are from bangalore

2 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    • Any hostels for backpackers in Isfara?

Isfara Aug 15, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Good morning!

I have googled on this but nothing really useful has come up.

Has anyone stayed in Isfara by any chance? I love to hear where, how much and the rest of it!

Thanks,

• Khojand-Kokand(Uzbek)-Andijoin(Uzbeki)-The border at Dostyk(Uzbek) - Osh

Khujand Aug 12, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Hi everyone!

I just read the Lonely Planet Central Asia edition and learnt that there is a potential to drive from Khojand to Osh via Kokand(Uzbek), Andijoin(Uzbeki) and the border at Dostyk(Uzbek).

If anyone has done it, please share your knowledge and/or experience with me e.g., cost, annoyance and tips.

Thanks for your time in advance.

• Canadian citizen coming from Armenia

Tajikistan Apr 25, 2013 at 1:52 AM

hi - I am meant to go to Tajikistan for a conference. I am a Canadian citizen who has been living in Armenia for 2 years. Is a letter of invitation, the fee, and the visa application enough to obtain the visa at the airport? There is no embassy/consulate for Tajikistan in Armenia unfortunately

1 Answer Apr 25, 2013 at 4:39 AM
    • LOI for an American

Tajikistan Apr 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM

What's the best way to obtain a LOI? Are they really necessary and how long do they take to be issued. I am trying to fly to Tajikistan in the first week of May. Is this cutting it too close? How do I find an invitation letter?

1 Answer Apr 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    • visa and on foot border crossing

Tajikistan Apr 16, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Is it possible to enter Tajikistan on foot from either Kyrgyzstan or Uzbekistan? If the policy is different for each country, please specify. I carry an American passport and I would like to get a visa on arrival. Is this possible? Thanks

6 Answers Apr 18, 2013 at 4:55 AM
    • Sami29's Profile Photo

Renting Apartments in Dushanbe

Dushanbe Feb 22, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Hello fellow travelers and friends in Dushanbe,
      Can anyone please get me the address/ email of a Real Estate Agency or an agent in Dushanbe for renting apartments or flats?
      Thanks.

• Is there hot water?

Dushanbe Dec 18, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Hi,

I am considering a job in Dushanbe and want to know more about basic living conditions there. I read somewhere there is generally no hot water in the city pipes, is that true? Is it true that the city water can at times be very dirty and that there are highly inconveniencing power outages? Thanks in advance for general information on this topic.

• Algierd's Profile Photo

Tourist and Road Map of Tajikistan

Tajikistan Dec 11, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Hi guys!
      I need the electronic scans Geko maps of Tajikistan for the trip to this country (1:500,000 scale). Maybe someone to share it?
      Thanks for your help!

1 Answer Dec 11, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    • Interesting Activities

Dushanbe Aug 30, 2011 at 5:22 AM

How some one can spend a eveninn ? Is any place for Tajik Youngsters to hang out in evening ? I am visiting from 1st September to 6th September ! Thinking to spend good time there ?

• visiting Tajikistan in April

Tajikistan Mar 2, 2011 at 3:45 PM

I am planning to travel from Kyrgyzstan to Tajikistan around 26 April this year. Given the weather and road condition, where in Tajikistan can I visit during this time of year or should I avoid travelling around Tajikistan at this time at all? Also, how to travel from Tajikistan to Kashgar in China by road? Thanks for any advice

5 Answers Mar 29, 2013 at 2:11 AM
    • Crossing Tajikistan by car

Tajikistan Oct 18, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Is it possible to cross Tajikistan by own car coming from Europe and going to China? If yes, is any rout through the Pamirs open?

Thanks for an answer.

Wilhelm Klein

6 Answers Jan 2, 2011 at 3:54 PM
    • Tajik Accomodation and LOI Support

Tajikistan Nov 5, 2009 at 2:13 AM

Hello VT's,

I am scheduled to visit UAE and Azerbaijan this November and want to add Tajik to my trip. I need help in arranging and Invitation support and as well as accomodation for 2weeks.

What will be the cheapest form of accomodation?

Any support will be gratelly appreciated!

Sammy

4 Answers Feb 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    • TrevorRugby8's Profile Photo

Weather in Early June? Visa and Border Q's.

Tajikistan Mar 2, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I am planning a trip to Tajikistan in early June. The game plan is to fly into Dushanbe June 1st then travel overland to khorugh and onto Murghob and back. I will then head south from Murghob and head into Afghanistan and work my way toward Kabul.

So my question is: Is the Pamir Highway going to be thawed out enough to make this possible?
      -What sort of public transport is cheapest and most practical?
      -What is the best way to acquire homestay style accomodation?

Also, Does anyone have any info on the Afghan border below Khorugh? And any info on obtaining an Afghan visa would also be helpful.

Thanks.
      Trevor Lake
      trevorbulgariapeacecorps.blo...

5 Answers May 12, 2009 at 1:36 PM