Tajikistan Travel Answers

change location
Pandisis's Profile Photo

Charities

by Pandisis Online Now Oct 21, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Hi everyone,

I'd really appreciate any help anyone can provide in the following area.

I am looking to find a charity in Tajikistan that I could possibly volunteer with for a bit or help raise money for. I really want to find a good one that actually helps people, or animals if at all possible, and that isn't too corrupt, i.e. most funds actually go towards charity. I would really like to be able to volunteer there for a bit as I pass through the country. I know most places don't like random foreigners interrupting their daily routine, but I'd be willing to donate money as well.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Trekki's Profile Photo

Re: Charities

by Trekki Online Now Nov 3, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Sorry, but I found your question only today.
    You could contact Aga Khan foundation. They have a huge network in the Pamirs region of Tajikistan and I am sure that they are happy to have volunteers.
    http://www.akdn.org/
    Ingrid

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Charities

by dminarik Online Now Mar 25, 2009 at 9:12 PM

In Dushanbe I have been in contact with a group that supports families who have two or more children with disabilities. They provide education for the children and support for the families. It is called Neki which means Kindness in Tajik I believe. The contact is Jamol Davlatov and their email is: neki@mail.tj

I met them last Spring and keep in touch with them through email. They are in need for support, both monetarily and to buy supplies for the children and families.

Hope this helps.

Darren Minarik

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Tajikistan Travel Answer Locations