Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sillyger's Profile Photo

End Nov 21-26 Family trip (include 2 old folks) - 6D5N

Taiwan Apr 6, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Hi All
      I need help to come up with itinerary which suitable for two my old folks in the family trip. Though this is not my first trip to Taiwan but I always travel alone therefore not much of an issue. My old folks are in their mid 70s, therefore I also need recommendation for good & reliable private driver to cater for this family (3 adults, 2 elderly, 2 teenagers)

Would it be too taxing to travel around with old folks..
      Mainly I would bring them experience Yeliu/Jiufen/Shifen/Beitou (Hot Spring)/Night Market, Yilan & Keelung also nice place to explore. Please help me...

Taipei - Yilan - Keelung - Taipei

more
    • volarevolare's Profile Photo

Beitou or Yangmingshan -- hot springs?

Taipei Mar 30, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Hi everyone,

Just wondering which is a better hot spring to go to when in Taipei?

Or is there a better hot spring out of Taipei?

Thanks all! :)

smiles, Francesca

more
    • Itinerary Suggestion

Taipei Apr 21, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Dear all, I am planning for a 7D/6N trip to Taiwan, with my girlfriend during the month of July this year. I have been to Taiwan couple of times, however it will be the first for my girlfriend. I like to ask for suggestion to create a beautiful memorable experience for her.

Thank you.

more
    • Share cab around Taiwan

Taiwan Apr 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Hi, My friend and I will going to Taichung around end of November (25th- 30th) which is only 2 of us.

We have contacted a cab which is very reasonable price. We have two people and anyone going around the time maybe we can share the cab? THANKS :)

more
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Taipei Airport restaurants

Taipei Apr 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Hi. I will have a layover in Taipei on the 15th for 4 hours. I wonder if the restaurants will accept US dollars or Taiwanese dollars if I want to order something? Thank you

more
    • From Taichung to A li Shan

A-li-shan Feb 26, 2014 at 7:08 AM

Hi, is it advisable to take a one day trip to a-li-shan from taichung ? what is the shortest route from Taichung to A-li-Shan? What can we do at A-li-Shan

1 Answer Feb 28, 2014 at 4:11 AM
    • shiz197's Profile Photo

Green Island

Taitung Nov 22, 2013 at 5:35 AM

I plan to do a day trip to the island from Taitung. Since I can't cycle or use a scooter, will it be feasible to walk around the island and see all their main attractions? Or do I have to hire a driver? At what cost? I'll be travelling solo in mid-Feb 2014.

1 Answer Dec 13, 2013 at 1:47 AM
    • JuneC18's Profile Photo

where to stay

Taroko Gorge Oct 7, 2013 at 8:35 AM

any quaint minsu or hotel to stay as my base for exploring Taroko?
      Thanks

1 Answer Oct 7, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    • JuneC18's Profile Photo

Toucheng Farm

I-lan Oct 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Hi, is it possible to stay in a hot spring resort and then visit Toucheng Farm in the day?

1 Answer Oct 31, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    • Your advice please

Chiu-fen May 25, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Hi, my sis and I will be arriving at TaoYuan Airport on 7 Aug, 14:55pm.

I am still planning on how to make full use of this trip to experience this:
      1) staying in JiuFen for a night
      2) staying in ShiLin for a night
      3) visit YangMingShan, Sun and Moon Lake.

Is it advisable to proceed straight to JiuFen on 7 Aug by train and transfer to bus to JiuFen with 2 pieces of 29" luggage? or it is better to take train to Sun and Moon Lake on lst day of arrival?

1 Answer May 26, 2013 at 5:11 AM
    • somsakmah's Profile Photo

Lodging in Sanyi

Miao-li Apr 20, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Anyone has any recommendations where to stay in Sanyi town, Miaoli county, Taiwan? Many books recommend West Lake Resortopia, but it's always full.

• Ali Shan Day Trip from Chaiyi possible

A-li-shan Jun 14, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Hi, just wondering if it is possible to do a day trip to Ali Shan from Chaiyi using public transport?

If not, do buses have space to allow check-in size luggage to stay overnight at Ali Shan? Or any safe storage area to recommend in Chaiyi overnight?

Thanks

1 Answer Jun 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM
    • How to book a private taxi tour with Tiffany Chang

Taroko Gorge Apr 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I want to go to Taroko Gorge and read about going by private taxi tour, but I don't see where/info on how to contact Tiffany Chang for that.

1 Answer Apr 12, 2012 at 11:51 PM
    • Halal food options near NTHU

Hsinchu Mar 27, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Hi friends , i would be visiting national tsing hua university for research and will stay for 2 months... Wondering if there are any halal food options for muslims available near university region. Your help wud be much appreciated. Thanks

• convinent for disable

Jui-feng Mar 22, 2012 at 3:10 AM

we are travelling with a disable, is it fine to tak bus to jui feng

1 Answer May 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM
    • Who is going to the charity book exchange on March 24th or the video release party afterwards?

T'ai-chung Mar 5, 2012 at 5:03 AM

Any body leaving from the Jung ming Park to the video release in dakeng? Get a ride?

• realmercy's Profile Photo

Middle price hotels in Tao-yuan

T'ao-yuan Feb 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I will be coming to Taiwan for the very first time,staying in Tao-yuan. Any suggestions about a low to mid price hotel, motel or pension house in the city?
      Thanks,
      Joseph

• Taroko to Sun Moon to Alisan

Hualian Jun 19, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Hi there,

I would be driving with my familly in Aug from Taipei to Taroko area to check out the gorge and stay for a night in tarako area. After which we are intending to drive to Sun Moon Lake, would like to check how long would it take to drive there on average? We are considering just a stopover at sun moon lake and heading straight to Alisan or to have a night stay over at Sun moon and then later heading to Alisan the next day? Which would be advisable?

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Jul 30, 2011 at 3:37 AM
    • Chaiyi HSR to Alishan by Bus

A-li-shan Apr 24, 2011 at 6:56 AM

First, from Chaiyi HSR to Chaiyi Railway, are the free shuttle buses in the link below still operating?

thsrc.com.tw/download/transf...

And the next step, I understand the trains from from Chaiyi Railway Station to Alishan are still not operating, so bus is my only option? Is there any way to buy a bus ticket online/phone in advance? I'm traveling there on a Saturday and not sure how nervous I should be about getting a bus ticket?

I found the link below for the bus--is this still accurate? I don't/couldn't figure out the Chinese, so could someone kindly tell me which column is listing the times Chaiyi Railway Station to Alishan and visa versa?

www.cybus.gov.tw/TIMETABLE/TIMETABLE.pdf

I was hoping to make Alishan a one day trip. Travel in in the morning, wander around by foot for the afternoon, travel out in the evening and stay overnight somewhere near Chaiyi HSR (traveling down to Kenting next). Is this plausible and is just walking around on foot the best use of time there?

Thanks in advance!!

1 Answer Apr 24, 2011 at 7:02 AM
    • Hsinchu Taiwan dental vacation

Hsinchu Jan 27, 2011 at 6:13 AM

Please help ...Is it worthwhile travelling from ottawa ontario canada to hsinchu taiwan to sightsee and vacation and also have dental work done thanks for any response

1 Answer Feb 11, 2011 at 12:20 AM
    • rkearns's Profile Photo

taroko gorge tours??

Taroko Gorge Jan 18, 2011 at 2:23 AM

hello vt'ers. as always, i know i can count on you :)

taroko gorge tour...anyone been on one? and is it better to book the tour or to take a bus and go alone? see, i'm really turned off by the ideas of tours and having someone dictate how much time i can spend somewhere, what i see and do. but is a tour the only option? i would really like to spend more than a half hour at a lot of sites that are all crammed into one day, which, with my research, is what i have found.

any alternatives from people who have been to the gorge??

(p.s. this is what i'm really looking forward to)

google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...

can you say money shot??

7 Answers Jan 21, 2011 at 7:20 PM
    • Taichung

T'ai-chung Oct 25, 2010 at 3:11 AM

Can anyone advice me how to tai-chung from Taipei international airport.

A family of 4 adults will be touching down in taipei at about noon, next month

Appreciate on the type of transport , the cost and the time needed to go to tai-chung.

Thanks

• ginger9248's Profile Photo

Moon Disco in Hsinchu

Hsinchu Oct 2, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Does somebody has a exact adress, or sketch, about the "Moon Disco" in Hsinchu?

1 Answer Oct 2, 2010 at 7:58 PM
    • Train tickets Taipei-Hualien round trip

Hualian Jun 30, 2010 at 8:46 PM

We want to travel ( round trip) from Taipei to Hualien by train. While TRA has a website for internet booking of train tickets which allows you to book upto 2 weeks in advance, you are required to pay and pick up the tickets within 48 hours which is not feasible if you are not yet in Taiwan. I am not sure if it is possible to pay online by credit card, and pick up the tickets at the station on arrival in Taiwan. Could someone advise me

1 Answer Jun 30, 2010 at 10:09 PM
    • Chiayi weather condition

Chiayi May 25, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Saw on news that taiwan is experiencing the Mei Yu season (raining) and there are landslides and flood in the southern part of taiwan and Alishan is affected too.

I'm going to chiayi and puli next week.

Anyone knows how's the weather condition at chiayi?

1 Answer May 25, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    • sueannlee's Profile Photo

Getting from Hualien to Alishan/Rueili

A-li-shan Apr 20, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Hello there

I am planning to get from Hualien to Rueili directly. At first i thought there would be a train from Hualien to Chiayi, but i just found out there isn't.

So what options do i have now? I'm renting a car in Hualien, so is it possible to drive directly to Alishan? Are the mountainous roads hazardous and how long will the journey take? Also, is it possible that i return the car in Alishan or Chiayi so i don;t have to drive back to Hualien after that..

If driving is too tough, how about a cab or bus? How much will it cost and any recommendations?

Thanks!!

3 Answers Apr 25, 2010 at 9:08 AM
    • Alishan Forest Railway back to business?

Chiayi Mar 29, 2010 at 9:14 AM

In a separate post in Oct 2009, it was mention the Alishan railway was damaged last yr.

Anyone know if the railway is repaired?

2 Answers Apr 25, 2010 at 9:05 AM
    • Taroko Gorge and Cingshui Cliffs

Hualian Feb 4, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Hi all,
      i'm planning do a day trip from Taipei to
      Hualian,

covering Taroko Gorge and the Cingshui cliffs.
      Will it be possible?
      any suggestions of which travel operator i should go with or any recommended taxi drivers which i can contact?

thanks loads for the help!
      cheerios
      huey

• ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Best route

A-li-shan Jan 7, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm planning another trip top Taiwan. I plan to go to Alishan and Sun Moon Lake. I'm heading out from Taipei. Do I take the train to Taichung and then go to Sun Moon Lake? Is there a train from Taichung to Sun Moon Lake? How do I go to Alishan from Sun Moon Lake? Also what are the most logical accommodations to stay in?

Thank you

1 Answer Jan 7, 2010 at 1:05 AM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Taroko Gorge

Hualian Oct 10, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Taiwan for 8 days for Christmas vacation. I want to spend 4 days in Taipei and then 4 days in Taroko Gorge.

Are 4 days too long to spend in Taroko Gorge? Other than hiking and the hot springs, what other activities are there to do in Taroko Gorge? What hotels and hot springs should I use in the area?

Thank you

3 Answers Oct 15, 2009 at 9:39 PM
    • Alishan Forest Railway

Chiayi Oct 2, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Hi ,
      Can anyone pls update me with the current status of Alishan Forest Railway? i m reaching Taiwan on 30th october, and plan to stay at Chiayi on 3rd Nov, do a day trip to Alishan on 4th Nov.

1 Answer Oct 5, 2009 at 9:08 AM
    • cheapskate's Profile Photo

Where to stay?

I-lan Jun 8, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Hi,

Has anyone made a stop in this area and stayed for 1 or 2 nights?

Any recommendations?

Something mid-range, comfortable and cosy would be good.

I've also read about whale watching somewhere but very briefly.
      Is that worth going?

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Jun 14, 2009 at 7:59 PM
    • where can I scuba dive?

K'en-ting Mar 30, 2009 at 12:24 PM

I am looking into scuba diving in Taiwan, i heard kenting is a good place to start. What is the deal? Regulations, Certifications necassary, airtank rentals, how to find anywhere in taiwan to do this would be helpful.
      Thanks alot

2 Answers Apr 25, 2009 at 11:50 AM
    • Hotel LaurelVilla Sun Moon lake

Nan-t'ou Aug 6, 2008 at 6:24 PM

Morning,

Can anyone help. I am trying to book for a room at the hotel Laurel Villa sUn moon lake nantau taiwan but not understand mandarin.

do you know of any english website.

Thanks
      mdm d ho

1 Answer Aug 6, 2008 at 8:23 PM
    • Travelling to Kenting

K'en-ting Jul 16, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Hi,

My hubby and I are planning a trip to Taipei next month and intend to try the homestays"Min Su" in Kenting. Can anyone pls provide info on hw to travel from Taipei to Kenting? Appx how long would the travel time be? Can't seem to find much info online. Any recommendation for accomodations there?

Your help is very much appreciated.Thank you!!!! ;)

1 Answer Jul 17, 2008 at 6:10 AM