Taiwan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• From chung cheng university to chiayi bus station

Chiayi Aug 15, 2015 at 12:50 AM

Hello, I am a student and I'm planning to go to Chiayi bus station from CCU. How much is it and how long will it take to get there? Thank you

• Holiday 20 days around Taiwan

Taiwan Aug 4, 2015 at 10:03 PM

We want to make a private tour for 20 days around Taiwan. We want to know if it's possible making this Tour travelling by train and car (of a combination of both). If yes, does anyone know a travelagency who can arrange this for us.
      Warm regards,
      Han & Monique

1 Answer Aug 5, 2015 at 4:48 AM
    • Fushoushan

Taiwan Aug 3, 2015 at 10:24 PM

When is the best time to view a carpet of violet cosmos?

• Skeena63's Profile Photo

Chinese New Year

Taiwan Jul 19, 2015 at 8:53 AM

We are going back to beautiful Taiwan again! This time we are going to be in Taipei for the Chinese New Year ( February 2016)
      Any suggestions to what might be fun to see or do? We will be getting around using the MRT so any activities near any of the stations would be fantastic.

3 Answers Jul 20, 2015 at 7:43 PM
    • Transportation tips!

Taiwan Jul 19, 2015 at 8:24 AM

I am flying into Kaohsiung, but want to visit Taipei part of my week long trip. Best way would be via train? And is it better to purchase a train ticket online prior to arrival, or would it be fine to get it at the station the day off? I ask because I am not sure what day/time I will try to go to Taipei.

Also, if there are any suggestions for tourist activities in Kaohsiung and Taipei, I would greatly appreciate it! It is my first time traveling to Taiwan and I am open to seeing/doing many things in both places! TIA! :)

2 Answers Jul 19, 2015 at 4:25 PM
    • veshei's Profile Photo

Hualien Travel Buddy

Hualian Jun 26, 2015 at 2:21 AM

Hi! I'm new to VT and I already posted this question but I can't find it so I'll ask again. I'm currently planning to do a day tour of Hualien (Taroko Gorge, Qingshuei Cliffs, etc) on June 30th and I booked a cab for the day. However because I am traveling solo, the fee of the cab is quite steep for a single person. I was looking for someone to share the cab with if they are planning to go to Hualien on that day and haven't made any arrangements yet. The cost of the cab for up to 4 people is 3000 TWD total and 3500 TWD for more than four people. I will be arriving at Hualien station at 10 and the tour will probably end at the local night market. I'm hoping to see the beauty of Hualien and make some friends as well! Please reply if you are interested!

Veronica

2 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 6:01 AM
    • Kaoshiung & Taipei

Taiwan Jun 24, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Hi.
      (New to VirtualTourist. Posted this question but can't find it. Sorry, am re-posting.)

Planning:
      - TW in August. 7 days. With 2 kids in tow.
      - Would like to see TW from tip-to-tip, where possible time allowing.

Noticed that airfare to Kaoshiung is cheaper than to Taipei. Is it a good idea to be based in Kaoshiung and do the day trips to the tip and mid of TW?

All ideas welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 1:06 AM
    • Cigarettes and airports

Taiwan Jun 15, 2015 at 1:04 PM

What is the worst thing they can do to me at the airports if I take two packs of cigarettes with me in Carry on bag? I'm 17 years old.

Don't tell me to stop smoking, just answer my question please. Thanks in advance

6 Answers Jun 15, 2015 at 8:11 PM
    • Cigarettes under 18? :)

Taipei Jun 14, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Is it possible to buy cigarettes under 18 years old? Are there some stores that would "secretly" sell them to minors? I live in a country where I'm at legal age of smoking and I like to smoke from time to time, and I'm gonna spend 2 months in Taipei so it would be useful to know if it's possible to buy them ;) or maybe do you know if it's possible to carry them in my luggage? Won't i have any problems with transporting two packs with me even if I'm not 18?

Thanks :) and please don't tell me to stop smoking, I smoke very rarely, a pack would last me for a month ;)

4 Answers Jun 15, 2015 at 12:57 PM
    • shafresco's Profile Photo

Regulations on bringing cooked food into Taipei (from Taoyuan airport)

Taipei Jun 7, 2015 at 9:07 AM

What are the regulations for bringing cooked food (packed fried rice/hotdog buns etc) into Taipei airport? Is it allowed? We will be travelling on a tight schedule and might not have time to stop for food etc, so we are thinking of bringing from home. Pls advice. Thanks..

3 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 5:39 PM
    • Taoyuan Airport to Taipei Arena?

Taipei Jun 4, 2015 at 9:11 AM

1) How do I get to Taipei Arena from Taoyuan Airport?
      2) From Taoyuan Airport, is there any bus/train to get to the Taipei Main Station or to connect to other public transport in order to get to Taipei Arena?

3 Answers Jun 5, 2015 at 2:03 AM

Cheap accomodation near Taipei Arena

Taipei Jun 2, 2015 at 11:33 AM

Hi, anyone can recommend a cheap, good and clean hotel/inn in Taipei somewhere near Taipei Arena? Our budget is somewhere around 15-30 USD per night. If theres cheaper, it would be good too! Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 2, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Taipei ticketing system and getting around Taipei Arena

Taipei May 31, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Hi there! Are there any VTers from Taiwan/Taipei who can help me with ibon ticketing system and how to get around Taipei Arena?

Taipei's ticketing system?

Taipei May 31, 2015 at 8:24 PM

Hi there! I will be in Taipei in 2 weeks time for a concert but am having problems understanding the ticketing system there. Is there such a system called ibon ticketing system there for concert tickets purchase? Have even tried google translating word by word but still cant get to purchasing the tickets. Would appreciate your help! :)

1 Answer Jun 1, 2015 at 1:23 AM
    • TeresaLim's Profile Photo

Jiufen Visit

Taipei May 27, 2015 at 9:36 AM

HI..ShoulId stay overnight at Jiufen? I have not been to Jin Gua Shi, I plan to go Jin Gu Shi then to Jiufen. I prefer to go slow on the trip and enjoying the sceneries, eateries.

I am in a group of 4.

If yes, which place to book?

Thank you.

4 Answers Jun 4, 2015 at 8:45 AM
    • TeresaLim's Profile Photo

Need Advise / Suggestion

Taipei May 24, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Hi..I am planning a trip with my friends (4 of us) to Taipei on coming end Oct. We will arrive in Taoyuan on Thursday night and below is my planning:

Note : my friends never been to Taipei but I been there few times, I want to explore new places which I missed out on my previous trip but I still need to show my friends the important places, so I have temporary came out with below list. I wish to stay one night in '汽车旅馆' which is on the arrival day and 2nd day morning check out to Taipei; is it a good idea?

Thursday : Arrival at Airport (8pm)

Friday : Yang Ming Shan,

Beitou (hot spring museum, eat and hot spring bath),
      Dan Shui & Yu Ren Ma Tou
      ShihLin NIght Market

Sat : 101 tower

Wu Fen Pu
      (still thinking of where to go)

Sun : Taipei Underground Shopping Street

Raohe NIght Market,
      still thinking what to add

Mon : Overnight at Jiu Fen

Jin Gua Shi
      Jiu Fen

Tue : still planning

Wed : Go Back

Thank you.

1 Answer May 27, 2015 at 2:28 AM
    • Climbing Yushan in One Day

Taiwan May 13, 2015 at 8:38 PM

I would like to find out how to do the above summit bid:

1) how to get the two permits: mountain and police permits? How long does it take? How early does the police station at the trail head open?

2) initial idea is to hire a moped/scooter from a nearby (or not-so-close) town/city before riding to the trail head before dawn. How easy is it to hire the wheels with a UK licence? How much does it usually costs?

3) how long is the hike? How arduous? For reference, I had climbed Mt Kinabaru at 4100m ASL last year.

4) what other issues I should consider?

Thank you in advance!!

1 Answer May 14, 2015 at 7:51 AM
    • Family Trip to Taiwan

Taiwan May 3, 2015 at 9:43 PM

Hi all, we are visiting Taiwan in the month of July and would like to know some mid-range hotel recommendation for family of 6. Beside that, we also need recommendation on on ground tour around places away from taiwan like Alishan and Sun Moon Lake. Or is it cheaper to hire a driver to bring us around?

1 Answer May 4, 2015 at 7:17 PM
    • Drink as much as you can clubs

Taipei Apr 22, 2015 at 5:41 PM

I read in the guide about these places. Can any one tell me the names of these places in the city?

1 Answer Apr 22, 2015 at 11:14 PM
    • 7 days in Taiwan

Taipei Apr 21, 2015 at 12:07 PM

Hi Guys,

Which places of interest should I not miss seeing in Taipei and Taiwan?
      I like history, sea, nightlife and culture.

Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 22, 2015 at 6:04 AM
    • How & Where to Stay in Taipei City

Taipei Apr 4, 2015 at 11:44 PM

We're a couple going to Taiwan 1st time this coming May;
      1. what is the best way to get from the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport to Taipei City ?
      2. which budget hotel (not backpacker type) to stay in that's easy to move around ?
      3. where to best visit given only 5 days stay ?

Appreciate any past Taiwan travellers' insight / advise.
      Thank you.

11 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 4:20 AM
    • Airport to Taipei City

Taipei Apr 3, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Hello: First time in Taipei,I'd like to know how to get to Chaiin Hotel near Dongmen Station,arriving via China Airlines
      at 9:05 pm at Taoyuan airport.Thanks in advance for your help.

6 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 3:01 AM
    • Mini bus service

Taipei Mar 23, 2015 at 11:44 PM

Hi. Can you recommend a reliable airport transfer service? For 12 adults and 3 kids with 14 small-medium size baggages, from airport to hotel.
      Thank you.

11 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 7:44 PM
    • 8days --first trip to Taiwan

Taiwan Mar 12, 2015 at 11:54 PM

Any members who are familiar with Taiwan pls suggest itinenary that I could follow. I want to see Taipei,Juifen, Taichung,Sun Moon Lake area, Cingching farm and others that I cud make it to. I wil be arriving on 22mar around 3pm. Was thinking of getting a driver while I'm travelling to Sun Moon Lake and cingching area for 2-3days frm Taichung. Any recommendations--hope not too expensive. Hear from you soon. Thanks.

4 Answers Apr 20, 2015 at 11:32 AM
    • Taispo - transportation and sightseeing with limited time

Taipei Mar 5, 2015 at 9:10 AM

I am travelling to Taiwan for the Taispo, Internationa Sporting Goods Show in March. It will be my first visit to Taipei. I am looking for information regarding transportation in and around the city. I am staying at the Tango Hotel XinYi. I would like to know the easiest way to get from the Taoyuan airport to he hotel and would also like to know the best way to travel to and from the fair ground. Also, information on vegetarian restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel and fairground would be most appreciated. Finally, although my time is limited in the ciy, any suggestions on 'must see' sights in the city would also be great,

Many thanks

Tim

2 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 5:45 PM
    • Booking High Speed Train

Taiwan Mar 3, 2015 at 8:04 AM

Hello, I want to go from taipei to Kenting by High Speed Train, and i wanted to know if i should book it in advance or if I can just go to the station and buy the ticket.
      thanks
      Guillermina

4 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 8:07 AM
    • Transportation around Taiwan

Taiwan Feb 21, 2015 at 6:09 AM

Hi, i'm travelling around taiwan. Can please help to let me know what is the best way to travel :

1. From Taipei city Centre to Jiu Fen
      2. From Jiu Fen to Hualian
      3. From Hualian to Alishan
      4. From Alishan to Taipei city Centre

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
      Jk

3 Answers Feb 21, 2015 at 4:07 PM
    • Public Transport

Taiwan Feb 10, 2015 at 8:34 AM

I already booked hotel at Chiayi city and Fenqihu, one night each. And return to Ximendin after Fenqihu stay.
      Please guide me particulars of public transport time to and back for both places.

Thnak you

• Public Transport

Taiwan Feb 10, 2015 at 8:13 AM

what is the public transport from Taipei to Chiayi

1 Answer Feb 10, 2015 at 8:23 AM
    • 6D5N in Taiwan

Taipei Dec 28, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Hello! Will be in Tw next year March. 6D seems too long for Taipei only, but too short if we would like to explore outside Taipei. Is it recommended to perhaps drop by Taichung or Tainan for a short 2D1N trip? Will it be too rush or cramped?

6 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 12:35 AM