Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sillyger's Profile Photo

End Nov 21-26 Family trip (include 2 old folks) - 6D5N

Taiwan Apr 6, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Hi All
      I need help to come up with itinerary which suitable for two my old folks in the family trip. Though this is not my first trip to Taiwan but I always travel alone therefore not much of an issue. My old folks are in their mid 70s, therefore I also need recommendation for good & reliable private driver to cater for this family (3 adults, 2 elderly, 2 teenagers)

Would it be too taxing to travel around with old folks..
      Mainly I would bring them experience Yeliu/Jiufen/Shifen/Beitou (Hot Spring)/Night Market, Yilan & Keelung also nice place to explore. Please help me...

Taipei - Yilan - Keelung - Taipei

more
    • volarevolare's Profile Photo

Beitou or Yangmingshan -- hot springs?

Taipei Mar 30, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Hi everyone,

Just wondering which is a better hot spring to go to when in Taipei?

Or is there a better hot spring out of Taipei?

Thanks all! :)

smiles, Francesca

more
    • Share cab around Taiwan

Taiwan Apr 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Hi, My friend and I will going to Taichung around end of November (25th- 30th) which is only 2 of us.

We have contacted a cab which is very reasonable price. We have two people and anyone going around the time maybe we can share the cab? THANKS :)

more
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Taipei Airport restaurants

Taipei Apr 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Hi. I will have a layover in Taipei on the 15th for 4 hours. I wonder if the restaurants will accept US dollars or Taiwanese dollars if I want to order something? Thank you

more
    • Share cab around Taiwan

Taiwan Apr 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Hi, My friend and I will going to Taichung around end of November (25th- 30th) which is only 2 of us.

We have contacted a cab which is very reasonable price. We have two people and anyone going around the time maybe we can share the cab? THANKS :)

4 Answers Yesterday
    • sillyger's Profile Photo

End Nov 21-26 Family trip (include 2 old folks) - 6D5N

Taiwan Apr 6, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Hi All
      I need help to come up with itinerary which suitable for two my old folks in the family trip. Though this is not my first trip to Taiwan but I always travel alone therefore not much of an issue. My old folks are in their mid 70s, therefore I also need recommendation for good & reliable private driver to cater for this family (3 adults, 2 elderly, 2 teenagers)

Would it be too taxing to travel around with old folks..
      Mainly I would bring them experience Yeliu/Jiufen/Shifen/Beitou (Hot Spring)/Night Market, Yilan & Keelung also nice place to explore. Please help me...

Taipei - Yilan - Keelung - Taipei

1 Answer Apr 15, 2014 at 8:00 PM
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Taipei Airport restaurants

Taipei Apr 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Hi. I will have a layover in Taipei on the 15th for 4 hours. I wonder if the restaurants will accept US dollars or Taiwanese dollars if I want to order something? Thank you

6 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 7:49 AM
    • volarevolare's Profile Photo

Beitou or Yangmingshan -- hot springs?

Taipei Mar 30, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Hi everyone,

Just wondering which is a better hot spring to go to when in Taipei?

Or is there a better hot spring out of Taipei?

Thanks all! :)

smiles, Francesca

1 Answer Mar 30, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    • Nicetch's Profile Photo

Alishan, Taiwan

Taiwan Mar 18, 2014 at 2:52 AM

which part to stay in Alishan?

1 Answer Mar 18, 2014 at 4:47 AM
    • From Taichung to A li Shan

A-li-shan Feb 26, 2014 at 7:08 AM

Hi, is it advisable to take a one day trip to a-li-shan from taichung ? what is the shortest route from Taichung to A-li-Shan? What can we do at A-li-Shan

1 Answer Feb 28, 2014 at 4:11 AM
    • Seanlow's Profile Photo

Pls help!! We will be in taipei in the next 2 day!!!

Taiwan Feb 22, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Had been to Taipei 10 yrs ago. Not sure what's happening with her nowadays.
      We are doing the last minute home work...lol.
      My gf and I are staying at ximenting.

We want to go to beitou for hot spring. There are many outlets offering this service.
      Which company is the best??

On my "outdated" home work. Shopping would be wufenpu, Tain mu, tong hua, ti hua
      What's new? And worth the visit for shopping??

Nightlife? We prefer the most happening clubs, pls advise.

Transportation issue !!
      1)Taoyuan airport to Taipei at 11pm.
      2)Easiest way to get to bei tou from Taipei.
      3) to jiu fen from Taipei.
      4) to wuling farm from taipei(1 day trip) is it worth to get a tour guide??
      5) to baishwan from Taipei.

Thank you vters, cheers!!!!

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 7:12 PM
    • 5days4night Southern Taiwan trip suggestions + taipei hair salon, souvenir help!

Taiwan Feb 21, 2014 at 10:33 PM

I'm going to spend 5 days in the southern part of Taiwan, mainly in Chiayi and Kaoshing, and I am not sure if this itinerary works, so I wonder if I can get feedback or suggestions? Much appreciated if you can help me out!

March21/1st night

from taipei travel down to Chiayi by high speed railway train ----> (do-able?)

• haven't decided where to stay yet. It's either a hostel/budget hotel in ChiaYi OR a hotel up on Alishan Mountain (suggestions welcome!)
      • If I'm staying in a hotel on Alishan Mountain. When do I get to the hotel if I depart from Taipei at 6pm by the high speed train and Alishan Forest Railway?

March 22/2nd day 

early morning, from a Chiayi hotel--->take Alishan Forest Railway to watch sunrise (Do you watch sunrise in the train?)------>I have to get to the visitor center on Alishan before 9am to join a 1 day tour for cherry blossom, dancing, tree hugging activities, etc------>return to the Chiayi hotel around evening

• alternative route:  If I am staying in a hotel on Alishan mountain, I don't have to wake up at 4am to catch the Alishan train for sunrise, instead just watching sunrise around 8am.  Then I'll just join the 1 day tour, then either return to the hotel on Alishan mountain or relocate to a Chiayi hotel taking the Alishan Forest train at 7pm
      • I read that sunrise at Xiuguluan Mountain and Jade mountain(玉山) on Alishan in Spring, does this mean I don't need to get to Jhushan (祝山). Spring sunrise happens at different time and place than other seasons right? So whether I watch the sun rises today or on the 24th, it really doesn't matter as long as I pick the right place to watch?
      • I read that the railway line is being repaired.  The Alishan Forest railyway has re-opened but it stops at Fencihu? If so, how do I get to Jhushan from Fencihu?

March23/3rd day

Chiayi to Lukang by high speed train---->1 day tour----->reutnr to Chiayi hotel

March 24/4th day 

morning at Chiayi to take a 1 day tour up to Alishan for other fun things to do in the mountain---->return to Chiayi

At night around 7pm, take the high speed train down to Kaoshing (I think need to hop off at ZuoYing Station and switch to MRT to get off at Kaoshing MRT station? Can someone confirm this?). Stay a night in Kaoshing (no idea where to stay, so welcome suggestions!)

March25/5th day 

morning--->British consulate

What to do in the day? Where to stay for lunch? I have visited Liouho Night market so I'm not going there on this trip.

Night----> Take high speed train back to taipei

Questions for Taipei

1. Where can I find a hair salon? Something not too expensive (best if it's affordable or at mid-range price) and I can get a stylish haircut.

2. There are so many branches of Ding Tai Fung, which branch is better? I heard there's one branch I must try, which one is it?

3. Looking for jewelry boutiques. I just want to get some necklaces for daily wear, nothing that screams a "statement", not looking for jade, not looking for any exotic that screams I got it from an Asian country.  I'm just looking for something like they're from H&M or department stores, but of course not from these places, any suggestion? 

4. Any website for lunch/dinner restaurants suggestions? A website that I can read people's review on dining experiences and food quality?

5. Looking to buy pineapple tart, which brand is good? buy it in taipei or in other cities (I was thinking how some food are better in some particular cities because the food are better known and made in those particular cities)?

6. Want to get Taiwan souvenir but don't want to buy nick-nacks. Is Jiufen old street a good place to get souvenir?

Questions for transportation

get easy card or railway pass?  Does easy card let me take the high speed train, take buses?  Railway has different passes, get the 5 day joint/express pass OR multi-ride ticket?  OR get a pass for students?

3 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 4:32 PM
      1. Transportation

Taipei Feb 17, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Hi.. what is the easiest way to travel from taoyuan airport - Yilan - Taipei ximending?
        What is the price and duration? Any ming su to recommend?
        Please advise.

6 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 5:17 PM
      2. Cruise visit

Taipei Feb 17, 2014 at 1:30 PM

We are visiting Keelung next month could we get a taxi from the ship to see Taipei highlights? how much for 3 to 4 hours

1 Answer Feb 18, 2014 at 9:03 AM
      3. effazainal's Profile Photo

Accomadation, halal food & places to go

Taipei Feb 10, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Hi! Il be travelling on the 16/3 for 5d4n and I would like to know which area in taiwan that I can easily get halal food and pls suggest the hotel nearby this area. Would love to know places that I cn easily access by public transport. Thanx!

2 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 10:26 PM
      4. Is Academia Sinica, Taiwaa recognised and a genuine institute for higher studies.

Taiwan Feb 5, 2014 at 11:10 PM

I'm planning to apply for the TIGP-Internship program at Academia Sinica, Taiwan. Can anyone give me useful information about this institute, and its reputation. Would also like to know how safe is this place.

1 Answer Feb 6, 2014 at 1:00 AM
      5. hotel for Muslim

Taipei Jan 25, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Is there any hotel in taipei,taiwan provide Halal Buffet Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner..??

4 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 10:31 PM
      6. ValentinaY's Profile Photo

Location Suggestions

Taiwan Jan 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Going Taiwan this April, any suggestions to where to go ( sightseeing, food, shopping, theme parks ) :D

7 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 5:51 PM
      7. annwag's Profile Photo

Worth seeing?

Taiwan Jan 15, 2014 at 7:37 AM

HI there!
        I am thinking of my next destination. I like to ramble here and there in the nature, skipping cities, avoiding crowded places.
        Of course I got some information and notions, but I am still in a state of hesitancy.
        Any advice, suggestion?

4 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 12:10 AM
      8. 4 days with an infant, what to do?

Taipei Jan 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Hi, I have 4 days in Taipei, coming from HK with my husband & 2 year old. I want to do BeiTou hot springs for 1 day, what hotel would you recommend?

we are not sure wheter to book tour from Hong Kong or do Taipei ourselves. Please help

2 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 9:25 AM
      9. listenandlearn's Profile Photo

CENTRALLY LOCATED ACCOMMODATION -

Taipei Jan 5, 2014 at 8:17 AM

We are two couples in search of a private apartment preferably located in Daan. Our budget in no more than U.S.$90.00. We require a safe area, working air condition, washing machine, wifi and clean apartment, elevator if in high floor. We of-course need two bedrooms and even one bathroom will do. Any suggestion from someone who had happy experience staying at an apt. would be highly appreciated. We will be arriving Taipei on the 8th Jan. midnight. Thank you very much for any helpful suggestion.

10. Trip Suggestions:4 Nights 5 days Taipei, Puli(Sun Moon Lake), Kaoshing, Hualien, back to Taipei

Taiwan Dec 8, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Trip Suggestions/tips for the following itinerary will be much appreciated:
        A)13/01/2014,Monday reaching Taipei airport 10AM, Taipei city sightseeing but not sure what to do/see for the whole day, staying overnightdecided on the hostel(no hotel stay planned) yet:suggestions welcome
        B) 14/01/2014, Tuesday: Will have to travel to Puli(Sun Moon Lake);seems bus travel to Sun Moon Lake is cheaper than train. Accommodation booked already.
        C)15/01/2014: Will have to travel to Kaoshing from Sun Moon Lake, Kaoshing city sightseeing & staying overnight(haven’t decided on the budget accommodation/hostel).
        D) 16/01/2014: Will have to travel to Hualien from Kaoshing. Hualien, nearby attractions/sightseeing & staying overnight(haven’t decided on the hostel).
        E) 17/01/2014: Will have to travel to Taipei city from Hualien. Taipei city sightseeing. Flight departing from Taipei airport at 23-00hr.

Apart from Sun Moon Lake’s attractions, didn’t manage to do sufficient research on things to do/see, budget travel options( within each city & from the various cities, especially Sun Moon Lake to Kaoshing, Kaoshing to Hualien & Hualien to Taipei city).
        Thanks for your suggestions/tips.

4 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 9:35 PM
      11. whole taiwan

Taiwan Dec 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM

how long it takes to travel whole taiwan?

6 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 6:01 PM
      12. Public transport from cruise terminal

Kaohsiung Nov 27, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I will be arriving port of kaohsiung by royal carribean ship. As I have only 5 hours to shop and eat local food. Is there any big shopping mall with food court nearby?
        Is there any train/ subway or bus to the shopping mall?

Thanks
        Judy Goh
        Email : judygoh27@yahoo.com.sg

2 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM
      13. shiz197's Profile Photo

Green Island

Taitung Nov 22, 2013 at 5:35 AM

I plan to do a day trip to the island from Taitung. Since I can't cycle or use a scooter, will it be feasible to walk around the island and see all their main attractions? Or do I have to hire a driver? At what cost? I'll be travelling solo in mid-Feb 2014.

1 Answer Dec 13, 2013 at 1:47 AM
      14. Stella_gg's Profile Photo

Travel around riyuetan and taichung fengjia night market

Taiwan Oct 31, 2013 at 7:03 PM

We (4 adults) will be staying in riyuetan hotel for 4 days 3 nights. How long do we need to tour around riyuetan? is it possible to visit Fengjia night martket in taichung from riyuetan? Will the hotel recommend Van tour to pick us up from hotel and drop us back ? What is the cost for booking the van tour?

4 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 10:38 PM
      15. night markets biz hours

Taipei Oct 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM

having 11 hour layover in Taipei. 11pm till 9am. where can I find some good food during that time?

4 Answers Jan 12, 2014 at 6:44 AM
      16. Can I buy any summer clothes during my visit to taipei on March next year?

Taipei Oct 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Can I buy any summer clothes from the night markets during my visit to taipei on March next year? Or they are all selling winter clothes?

2 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 8:23 AM
      17. Seanlow's Profile Photo

transportation

Taipei Oct 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM

what is the easiest way to travel from taoyuan airport - taichung - hsinchu - taipei

where can i check for the price,timetable, and duration for each trip.

pls advise tq vters

3 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 5:04 AM
      18. Withdrawing cash at ATM with Mastercard

Taipei Oct 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Hi,

I'm planning to get my NT$ from ATMs using a MasterCard credit card. Are ATMs that accept international credit cards (MasterCard/Visa) common in Taiwan? Do the local banks charge a fee for using their machines?

Thanks.

2 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM
      19. JuneC18's Profile Photo

where to stay

Taroko Gorge Oct 7, 2013 at 8:35 AM

any quaint minsu or hotel to stay as my base for exploring Taroko?
        Thanks

1 Answer Oct 7, 2013 at 8:53 AM
      20. JuneC18's Profile Photo

Toucheng Farm

I-lan Oct 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Hi, is it possible to stay in a hot spring resort and then visit Toucheng Farm in the day?

1 Answer Oct 31, 2013 at 10:49 AM
      21. ANIPEN's Profile Photo

Taiwan hualia fruit orchard

Taiwan Oct 6, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Anyone can help me , I like to go to orchard and experience fruit picking, is there a place in hualian? I will be there end of Oct

Thank you

1 Answer Oct 7, 2013 at 8:13 AM
      22. Bus to Star Beauty Resort

Taipei Oct 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Hi, I'm staying at the Star Beauty Resort at No.38-1, Qiangang Street, Shihlin District and understand I can take the Kuo-Kuang 1819 bus from the airport to 2 possible stops where I can then catch a taxi to the hotel. The first stop appears to be the one closest to the hotel and is the Kulun Street stop. If I get off at this stop, will I have to flag a taxi off the street or will there be a taxi stand nearby? How obvious is it that the stop is the Kulun Street stop? Is it announced in English? The second option is to go all the way to Taipei station and then find a taxi there. I think I favour this option more as it seems the less troublesome as I can just stay on the bus till the end and I guess that I would know I've arrived at Taipei station rather than having to lookout for Kulun Street. I'm also assuming that getting a taxi at Taipei station will be easier? If I take the bus all the way to Taipei station, will this add much time to the journey and will the taxi fare to the hotel be a lot more. Should I be getting off at Kulun Street instead? To get back to the airport, will it be just the reverse? Thanks