Taiwan Travel Answers

change location
daniel_jones78's Profile Photo

Where to go in Taiwan?

by daniel_jones78 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Hi guys, I plan to be in Taiwan for one week either from the 19th April or from the 21st May - more likely May. Can anybody advise me of where I should visit in my week long trip? I'll sort of be on a bit of a budget but I'm happy to pay for a good experience.

Thank you in advance

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

Re: Where to go in Taiwan?

by DSwede Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Daniel, your profile is a bit blank, so its hard to judge what your interests are or what your past travel experiences are.

But in short, given a week, I'd make a ballpark agenda with spending a couple days in Taipei, a little time down in Kaohsiung and maybe Cijin. Then circle around to Hualien and the Taroko Gorge. If you're into national parks, the extreme southern tip has some good parks and scuba (I didn't have time to actually dive here on my trip).

There's a lot more places to go, like farm stays, hikes (Jade Mountain), etc.

The following link gives some good ideas. It gave me a start to choose where I wanted to go. You can click on either specific places, or search by the map by regions:
    http://eng.taiwan.net.tw/

I spent 6 days on the island. I obviously didn't see everything, but tried to write up my experiences in my pages if you want a place to start.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • barbie_sunrise's Profile Photo

by barbie_sunrise Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 7:10 AM

I will be in taiwan on April 17-22 with VTers Ove, Jen and Hax with friends. We wished to climb jade mountain if given permit and the rest will be for shopping and city tour.

• limkahwan's Profile Photo

by limkahwan Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 4:19 AM

To me, Hualian Taroko National Park is a very beautiful place to visit. You can either go by train or bus from Taipei. when you have reached Hualian ask the hotel to book the 10 passenger van @ 980 TWD incl lunch. It's worth it. you may visit my page to know more of Taiwan

• ellenhuang's Profile Photo

by ellenhuang Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I would recommend you to go to Sun Moon Lake in Nantou.
    If possible, stay there for one night at last. Except the excellent scenery, you can bike alone the lake or canoe there.

And, as for one week's tour, I suggest you just choose west or east Taiwan for your trip.
    Or you may spent lots of time on transportation.

As the city tour, depends on what you like.
    Tainan : a historical city. you and enjoy the easy style here. I live here. if you visit Tainan, you can contact me, maybe I could guide you somewhere.
    KHH : an ocean style city. you can enjoy take a bike tour the city.

Have a nice trip.

Ellen

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Taiwan Travel Answer Locations