Taiwan Travel Answers

change location
jeansymphony's Profile Photo

arranging itininerary

by jeansymphony Online Now Jan 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

my husband and I will be visiting taiwan on feb 11-17, 2012. there are a number of places our friends have recommended we should visit, like Yeliu, Toroko Gorge and Sun Moon Lake. we need help arranging our schedule.. maybe I could get advice from taipei resident/members or anyone on this website? we are set to visit sun moon lake on feb 14-15 and plan to stay at Fleur de chine. we planned to do the city tour on day 2, thats feb.12, then either yeliu or taroko gorge on feb. 13. should we visit yeliu first before going to sun moon lake (feb 14-15) and taroko after (feb. 16) or vice versa? would anyone know what is the cheaper way to travel to sun moon lake, yeliu and taroko? thank you!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: arranging itininerary

by arabianights Online Now Feb 1, 2012 at 5:59 AM

I spent one day in sun-moon lake area after Lunar New Year last month. Depending on your travel sytel, you can either take train to Tai-Chung city and transfer bus to sun-moon lake or just hop on the bus from Taipei bus terminal just outside of Taipei Train station. it's about 4 hours of busride from Taipei to Sun-moon lake. Fee is about 400 New Taiwanese Yuan (about13) each person.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • limkahwan's Profile Photo

Re: arranging itininerary

by limkahwan Online Now Feb 3, 2012 at 4:50 AM

Before you can get a good advise you have to say which airport you are arriving? If you arrive at Taipei then you can make a booking in Taipei for Taroko Gorge for the one day tour (In Hualien the package for one day to Taroko cost you 998 NT$ incl. lunch). If you station at Taipei you can save time, since you have only 5 days for your tour of Taiwan. After Taroko you can go to Taichung from Taipei, they have THSR (Taipei High Speed Rail)it only takes one hour from Taipei to Taichung. Then the rest of your days you can arrange to Yehliu and maybe I will suggest that you visit Jiufen also with a local tour for the day trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Taiwan Travel Answer Locations