Hi, i'm travelling around taiwan. Can please help to let me know what is the best way to travel :
1. From Taipei city Centre to Jiu Fen
2. From Jiu Fen to Hualian
3. From Hualian to Alishan
4. From Alishan to Taipei city Centre
Thank you in advance.
Hi, I'm planning a 11 Days round the Island trip.
I need help on my itinerary, as below is the place that i would like to cover. I would like to know is it sounds logic witht the time allocated ?
Day 1 & 2 : Jioufen
Day 3 & 4 : Wulai, Wulai Falls & Hot Spring
Day 5 : Hualien City
Day 6 : Taroko Gorge
Day 7 & 8 : Alishan
Day 9, 10 & 11 : Taipei, Keelung & Dansui
Need help, anyone who can advise is the above route make sense, in terms of transportation & day spend for each location.
And also, I will be going early April, is there any cherry blossom can be seen during this season ? If yes, where would be the best place to go ?
Thanks in advance.
Can you pls recommend a nice, clean but cheap hotel in Taipei, Hualien and Cing Jing for 2 people? We are not actually particular with the view.
Hope someone can help me. Thanks.
Hi, Taiwan VT,
I want to know how long it takes to reach 921 Earthquake Museum from Taichung Airport by taxi or shuttle bus?
Are there enough taxis in Taichung?
Is there Taichung Tower in the city?
Dear Taiwan VT,
What can i see and do within 7 hours in Taichung other than its international airport?
i heard that traffic to Taichung downtown can be congested. Is it true?
I need help to come up with itinerary which suitable for two my old folks in the family trip. Though this is not my first trip to Taiwan but I always travel alone therefore not much of an issue. My old folks are in their mid 70s, therefore I also need recommendation for good & reliable private driver to cater for this family (3 adults, 2 elderly, 2 teenagers)
Would it be too taxing to travel around with old folks..
Mainly I would bring them experience Yeliu/Jiufen/Shifen/Beitou (Hot Spring)/Night Market, Yilan & Keelung also nice place to explore. Please help me...
Taipei - Yilan - Keelung - Taipei
which part to stay in Alishan?
I'm going to spend 5 days in the southern part of Taiwan, mainly in Chiayi and Kaoshing, and I am not sure if this itinerary works, so I wonder if I can get feedback or suggestions? Much appreciated if you can help me out!
from taipei travel down to Chiayi by high speed railway train ----> (do-able?)
- haven't decided where to stay yet. It's either a hostel/budget hotel in ChiaYi OR a hotel up on Alishan Mountain (suggestions welcome!)
- If I'm staying in a hotel on Alishan Mountain. When do I get to the hotel if I depart from Taipei at 6pm by the high speed train and Alishan Forest Railway?
March 22/2nd day
early morning, from a Chiayi hotel--->take Alishan Forest Railway to watch sunrise (Do you watch sunrise in the train?)------>I have to get to the visitor center on Alishan before 9am to join a 1 day tour for cherry blossom, dancing, tree hugging activities, etc------>return to the Chiayi hotel around evening
- alternative route: If I am staying in a hotel on Alishan mountain, I don't have to wake up at 4am to catch the Alishan train for sunrise, instead just watching sunrise around 8am. Then I'll just join the 1 day tour, then either return to the hotel on Alishan mountain or relocate to a Chiayi hotel taking the Alishan Forest train at 7pm
- I read that sunrise at Xiuguluan Mountain and Jade mountain(玉山) on Alishan in Spring, does this mean I don't need to get to Jhushan (祝山). Spring sunrise happens at different time and place than other seasons right? So whether I watch the sun rises today or on the 24th, it really doesn't matter as long as I pick the right place to watch?
- I read that the railway line is being repaired. The Alishan Forest railyway has re-opened but it stops at Fencihu? If so, how do I get to Jhushan from Fencihu?
Chiayi to Lukang by high speed train---->1 day tour----->reutnr to Chiayi hotel
March 24/4th day
morning at Chiayi to take a 1 day tour up to Alishan for other fun things to do in the mountain---->return to Chiayi
At night around 7pm, take the high speed train down to Kaoshing (I think need to hop off at ZuoYing Station and switch to MRT to get off at Kaoshing MRT station? Can someone confirm this?). Stay a night in Kaoshing (no idea where to stay, so welcome suggestions!)
What to do in the day? Where to stay for lunch? I have visited Liouho Night market so I'm not going there on this trip.
Night----> Take high speed train back to taipei
Questions for Taipei
1. Where can I find a hair salon? Something not too expensive (best if it's affordable or at mid-range price) and I can get a stylish haircut.
2. There are so many branches of Ding Tai Fung, which branch is better? I heard there's one branch I must try, which one is it?
3. Looking for jewelry boutiques. I just want to get some necklaces for daily wear, nothing that screams a "statement", not looking for jade, not looking for any exotic that screams I got it from an Asian country. I'm just looking for something like they're from H&M or department stores, but of course not from these places, any suggestion?
4. Any website for lunch/dinner restaurants suggestions? A website that I can read people's review on dining experiences and food quality?
5. Looking to buy pineapple tart, which brand is good? buy it in taipei or in other cities (I was thinking how some food are better in some particular cities because the food are better known and made in those particular cities)?
6. Want to get Taiwan souvenir but don't want to buy nick-nacks. Is Jiufen old street a good place to get souvenir?
Questions for transportation
get easy card or railway pass? Does easy card let me take the high speed train, take buses? Railway has different passes, get the 5 day joint/express pass OR multi-ride ticket? OR get a pass for students?
Going Taiwan this April, any suggestions to where to go ( sightseeing, food, shopping, theme parks ) :D
how long it takes to travel whole taiwan?
Will be in Taiwan for 5 nights early Oct and was wondering if anybody could recommend any hotels that are reasonable cost and quite centrally located. I have checked out some hotels but is always nice to hear of hotels that people have stayed in.
Anyone has any recommendations on where to stay in Sun Moon Lake, Nantou, Taiwan? There are many hotels available from the Internet all claiming to have a lake view but I believe some do have and some are exaggerated. Prefer on the west side of the lake so as to be able to see the sunrise over the lake.
The hotels are mainly clustered on the west side and east side of the lake. Is there any difference in these two areas? For example, is one of them less populated, or less touristy, or less shops, or less night life etc.
I am planing to go during the Moon Cake festival period somewhere mid sept.
But is it a good time to go during the Moon Cake festival period?
will the night market still happening during that period?
and the shops are they open?
I am planning to visit Taiwan (Taipei, Taroko Goorge, etc) during Lunar New Year Feb 2013. We are 2 adult, 2 children. But recently I read, Taiwan will have one full week holiday during Lunar New Year 2013.
My questions are:
1. Is it a good time to visit Taiwan during Lunar New Year? Will it be very crowded? Or maybe all shops, restaurant, museum, attraction places will be closed whole week?
2. Will the hotel be fully booked during that period? More expensive?
3. How about transportation? Will it be difficult to catch buses / taxis? If we go out from Taipei, will the highway fully jammed with cars?
Hmm... really want to go holiday during the Lunar New Year. But do not know where to go.. I am thinking some alternative destinations e.g. Korea or Japan.. but I heard that both Korea and Japan are very cold in February... :((.
Thanks a lot
Firstly thank you for answering my questions. I would be travelling to Taipei in early Decemeber this year and staying near to ximending.
I would like to ask is it possible to travel to Sun Moon Lake, PingXi, Jiufen and sunnyhills shop to buy the pineapple cakes? if possible, how do i go about it?
Hi all, I am almost done with the itinerary planning, travelling in Kaohsiung and Taipei, but need advise for two questions:
1) Found this interesting route:
Visit Fo Guang Shan Mountain (Buddha Lights Mountain), Tsoying Spring and Autumn Pavilion, Chengching Lake and then Sizihwan Bay (西子灣). Tour to Eternal Golden Castle, Anping Ancient Castle and the Chamber of Red Hill in Tainan.
Is this do-able in one day? Where is Fo Guang Shan Mountain. -_-' I have tried to google it and found it in Tainan, really?
2) Yeliou Ocean World to Miao Kou NM
Is there any public bus going to Miao Kou NM from the ocean world?
Thanks in advance!
We are planning a leisure trip to Taiwan especially to Leofoo resort for 2 adults & 1 toddler.
A bit last minute as its aldy July, still thinking if to go by tour or free& easy.
Any one knows any good tour package that include Leofoo & 小人国 to recommend ?
Could anyone advise me
1) Weather in Taiwan around Leofoo and nearby areas in early September to early october?
2) Any lovely and interesting place to recommend ?
Hi Ladies & Gentlemen
I am planning my honeymoon trip next year in end of January 2013.1 week holiday in Taiwan.
Wish you all can give me some tips & advise if my travel date is 1 week before Chinese New Year it is advisable to go taiwan at this time? How's the weather this time? Will Tourist attraction very crowded? How about the hotel, is this time expensive also?
I am look forward to hear from you all soon.
I will be in Taiwan for 2 weeks in July 2012. My rough itinerary is Taipei-Yilan-Hualien-Cingjing-Taichung-Tainan-Taipei.
Appreciate if anyone can advise transport options from Hualien to Cingjing, Taichung to Tainan.
Also if there are any recommended homestays in Hualien and Tainan?
Thanks in advance
Hi, I've booked a week-long trip to Taiwan this February and I would like to ask a few questions regarding the itinerary I drew up. I will be traveling solo, traveling light, and traveling on a tight budget, so I'm planning on staying in hostels. Here's my proposed itinerary:
Date of Trip: February 3 (Friday) to 10, 2012
*Day 1/8 - Airport/Chiayi/Alishan
From the airport, go to Taoyuan HSR bound for Chiayi
Take Chiayi Bus to Alishan
*Day 2/8 - Alishan/Chiayi/Taipei
Around noon, depart Alishan for Chiayi
Take Chiayi HSR back to Taipei
*Day 3-4/8 - Taipei/Pingxi
Pingxi for Sky Lantern Festival
*Day 5/8 - Taipei/Hualien/Taroko
Take Early AM Train to Hualien
Tour Taroko/Overnight in Taroko
*Day 6/8 - Taroko/Hualien/Taipei
Back to Hualien
Take afternoon train to Taipei
*Day 7-8/8 - Taipei
1. (Day 1) Flight arrives at 9:25 AM, planning to take bus to Taoyuan HSR station -> HSR to Chiayi, can I make it to the 2:00 PM Bus to Alishan?
2. (Day 4) What's the suggested time to Pingxi to avoid the crowds of commuters? Also, is it easy to commute back to Taipei after the festivities at night, and what are my options?
3. (Day 5) Is it better to take a buffer day from going to Pingxi if I have to get up early to go to Hualien or is this schedule okay?
4. (Day 5/6) Is it better to do a day trip of Taroko Gorge or stay in the Gorge overnight?
5. (Day 5/6) Since I'm traveling alone, would it be cheaper to join a tour group or hire a taxi/driver for a day? Or can I go about the Gorge solo?
It would be better to take the Taroko Express Train from Taipei to cut down travel time to around 2 hours, right? Regarding this:
6. (Day 5/6) Do I have to reserve tickets for this train or can I just drop by the station on the day itself to buy tickets?
7. (Day 5/6) I'm kind of confused on where to get off. Should I get off at Hualien or Sincheng?
I would also appreciate any suggestions regarding my itinerary.
Thanks a lot =)
I will travel to lovely Taiwan from 4-Mar until 11-Mar.
I will stay the first 3 nights in 台北市.
For rest of 4 nights, I wish to visit 高雄 (2 nights) and 清境/阿里山 (2 nights)
then back to 桃园机场 around 1pm.
I will travel all by my own, not plan to signup any tour package/hire private driver.
Therefore, I need advices how to arrangement my last 4 nights and the related transportation, so that i can back to 桃园机场 on time on my last day.
Please help to comment. Thanks!
i'm going to arrive in Taiwan in January 13th, 2012 and plan to travel around the island. first stop would be Taipei city. currently i'm looking at where to stay, what to do in different parts of the island.
would appreciate if anyone can recommend some decent hotels to stay. i'm not looking for fancy hotels, just to be clean and in convenient locations.
i'm interested to visit Taiwan around 2012 Lunar New year (1/23/2012). is this a good time to visit Taiwan? would the stores and sightseeing places open during the New Year celebrations? Also, what's the average temperature around this time of year?
i'm from U.S.
Hi, my family will be going to Taiwan, Taipei on Dec. Our arriving time is morning 0:20am. Please advise me the cheapest way to get to ximending(we plan to stay there). Does the free to go bus available at that time? What will the taxi fares to get there?(we are 4 persons). Thank you for your help.
Today I will fly from india to taiwan I want to know that were I have to go to enjoy my trip
Hi, i wish to travel to Taiwan on end of Sept to early Oct 2012 (30/9/12-6/10/12). i plan for 7D6N travel and i wish to travel from north to south.
any concern on the duration and the date of travel that will complicate the whole travel?
My wife and I plan to head over to Taiwan from Late Jan to Mid Feb. We wanted to check out a Lantern Festival while we were here.
I checked the Taiwan government website and they said that the next Lantern Festival will be in Lugang form Feb 6- Feb 19.
What I cannot figure out is if there is also a Lantern Festival in Pingshi (outside Taipei) in 2012. (I know there was in 2011)
Is there a Lantern Festival in 2012 in Pingxi(Pingshi)?
On what dates (day/month) will it take place?
Where in Pingxi will lanterns be released?
Is there a website where I can re-confirm above info?
Thank you for your reply.
I wish to get views of locals or experienced travelers that know the best way to travel around Taiwan, places worth visit, local popular food,best and economical place to stay. Best Time to visit Taiwan.
I am arriving Taipei Taoyuan airport in mid Dec around 9pm and we are staying at Cosmos Hotel (next to Taipei Main Station). Would you be able to advise me:
1) As there are 4 of us, would it be better to take airport bus or by taxi? How long is the journey? How much would it cost us?
2) by the time we check-in - we will be too tired to venture anywhere far. Are we still able to grab food near our hotel? Or should we eat at the airport before heading to hotel?
Appreciate your advice.
Hi, I am heading to Taiwan in June. Will be going to Taipei and Taizhong. Any suggestions for the types of food or drink that I shouldn't miss out when I'm there? And preferably where to find it too.