Will be headed to Taiwan this 2-9 April 2010 and need some help/comments on my following itinerary.
Day 1 (Fri) - Arrive at TPE late afternoon. To Ximending after check-in/rest
Day 2 (Sat) - Yehliu and Jiufen
Day 3 (Sun) - City tour covering Taipei 101, Longshan temple, National Museum, and Shilin Night Market
Day 4 (Mon) - To Hualien. Visit Taroko and Chingsui Cliff
Day 5 (Tues) - Hehuanshan (HHS)
Day 6 (Wed) - Back to Taipei. After check-in/rest, Wufenphu and Raohe Night Market
Day 7 (Thurs) - Wulai and Yangmingshan
Day 8 (Fri) - Home Sweet Home
1. Is the above itinerary do-able?
2. Day 4 is it a public holiday for tomb sweeping day?
3. Day 4 and 5, can they be combined so that I overnight at HHS and return to TPE on Day 5?
4. Any recommended places to stay (eg nice and cute minsu) in Hualien and/or Hehuanshan? Budget is max NT2,000 for a twin/double room.
5. How do I book ahead the express train to Hualien? The website say must pay and collect 7 days before but I would not be in TPE 7 days before my travel.
6. During my travel time, where can I see sakura?
7. Any recommended hotsprings in Wulai? (Not going Beitou since already going Wulai).
Thanks in advance!
Tomb Sweeping Day is big here and a Public Holiday. Getting to and Fro Hualien may be difficult at that time especially since it is one of the few Long weekends we get here. I'll see if I can get more info on the Ticketing.
Hualien Minsu: http://www.netete.com/stone
Wulai hotsprings: 1 n 2 are same group. 3 is higher priced.
Full Moon Spa -Wulai:
Sun Moon Light Hotspring -Wulai::
Spring Park Urai Spa and Resort -Wulai:
Too bad visiting in April: Hehuanshan got 60cm of Snow yesterday!! Amazing winter this year up in the mountains.
Why don't you switch the days and do Hualien after the Holiday here??Tue,Wed Thu so no worries on ticketing either,you should get your seats when you arrive in Taipei on the first day.
Be the first to rate this answer!